It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
DrumsRfun

As i asked DrumsRfun, for a correction, in these word's, so he did. Thank's for that DrumsRfun

edit on 24-7-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Ummm, he didn't say you did, he just advised you not to do those things.

He was saying that we can't make sweeping laws to protect people from themselves. If a person ruins their marriage through dishonesty or lust, then it is a decision resting on that person, not on the society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're dead wrong. The only thing sexual about rape is that it usually involves sexual organs.
It's about FORCE. It's about making someone do something they don't want to do.

Look at it this way:
You're deathly afraid of rollercoasters, but I strap you in anyways and watch you scream and wet your pants. It's all about MY enjoyment of watching you "have fun". Then, I'll stop the ride and act like I'm going to let you off, but instead I pull the restraints tighter and send you off again. Wouldn't that be fun? Huh? People willingly get on rollercoasters and scream, so your screams MUST be because you're having fun, right? You just don't realize you're having fun. I know what's best for you. Just succumb to my way of thinking because I know what's best for you. We're all just having fun here, so shut up and try not to choke on your own vomit on that second drop. OK?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

You are more than welcome.

edit on 24-7-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You're dead wrong. The only thing sexual about rape is that it usually involves sexual organs.
It's about FORCE. It's about making someone do something they don't want to do.

If that is true, then how come many rapes happen after something renders the person unconscious? Lots of rapes occur after drugs are administered, so there is no resistance. Some rapes occur that the person isn't even aware of, as in the cases where healthcare professionals rape their subjects. I've read about dentists, hypnotists and therapists, doctors, surgeons, nurses, all raping their subjects. Rape occurs in nursing homes, and against invalids. Rape is about sex.

If it was all about making someone do something the don't want to do, then why don't we hear about kidnappings with people duct-taped to chairs and forced to eat spinach or watch American Idol?

The experts are dead wrong. There are plenty of ways to take dominion over a subject, and those things manifest themselves in lots of ways, and sometimes those ways include sex, but that is a different topic of power and control.

Rape is about SEX. If it was just power and control, then we'd hear a lot more of your roller coaster scenarios being committed, instead of sex acts.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Not sure if this was posted already but ATS search didn't return matching subject results.Here we go again. This is a controversial topic which has been discussed on ATS before as well. Since when did drugs and sex were mutually dependant? There were drug users before and people soliciting/seeking sex too. How will this curb the HIV epidemic? Not all the countries have tough measures to streamline the checking and verification of legal prostitutes for the virus. Certainly I'm sure the pimps wouldn't be too crazy to pay the taxes for their services just the same way the prostitutes would. The underground economy is vast in many sections of the world where majority(not all including freelancers
) of them are controlled by the mafia.

A report issued by the United Nations-backed Global Commission on HIV and the Law; recommends that nations around the world get rid of “punitive” laws against prostitution – or what it calls “consensual sex work” -- and decriminalize the voluntary use of illegal injection drugs in order to combat the HIV epidemic

LINK

Your thoughts/opinions/viewpoints/comments.
edit on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

It doesn't look like sex and drugs are being treated as mutually dependant. It looks like legalizing injectable drugs could curb the HIV epidemic by reducing the use of multi-user needles.

As an American, I believe both should be Legalized, as long as we ensure the prostitutes aren't being forced into the trade. I know many only want freedom if it fits their ideals. Personally, i'm against prostitution and injectable drugs, but I think both should be legalized. If I wanted social control, I would emigrate to North Korea.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Don't even go there. Even after the drugs or alcohol take effect, the perp has total control of the victim. Again, we're back to control.

You mentioned all the experts you've talked to about rape and scoff at their professional opinions, then you mentioned in another post that 100% of the women you know have been raped and/or molested. How is this even possible for you to personally know victims and not be able to grasp that their abusers were satisfying more than just a sexual urges? Rape is so much more complicated than you're making it out to be. You are starting to sound like a know-it-all who will never see the other side of the coin let alone discover that sexual crimes are multifaceted. I asked you earlier about taking home an STD and giving it to your wife, yet you completely avoided discussing this scenario. You seem to live in your own reality where everything is peachy and you know more than the experts.

I'm out of here, but before I leave, I'd just like to say that the UN should be tackling other issues such as assisted suicide and the worldwide bankster cartel. Prostitution is simply another distraction they can ply the masses with while satisfying their own primal needs by making it legal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Had my life been different I would have considered prostitution not because I am that super horny or for the money but because sex is a GOOD thing. Every person deserves human contact and sex is one of the most beautiful ways two people can connect. Build up of testosterone and sexual repression are DANGEROUS they make people violent and perverted. Everyone should have the opportunity to get laid. People who are not attractive or handicapped everyone. Why shouldn't these people have access to physical contact. As long as both people consent and use protection and everyone is of age I say go for it.

I am sure that society would be a much happier and safer place for everyone. I know I'm going to take a hit but I don't care shame on all the prudes making sex dirty and wrong.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: auto complete!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well, I can understand it, to a degree. But as Societies Moral fiber is crumbling, Where Sex, is in a reality, designated for procreation, I see no difference then in LEGALIZING anything, and everything. For those in the UN, Murder has been legalized, through the proxy of War. People are making money, off of that also. This was no surprise to me, coming from the UN. I find it Hypocritical, at best, and at worst, Ironic. Will the UN pay for ALL the illigitamate children, being born, from Prostitution, pay for ALL the diseases being spread ? Whats my cost, on the whole thing ?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Ok, take someone very close to me for instance. Fall down drunk at a party, finds a bedroom, turns off the light, goes to sleep. Wakes up to a male in the process of having sex with her, and she freaks out and jumps up, he apologizes emphatically and leaves. She never calls the authorities.

It was clearly rape, and clearly about sex, nothing more.

Take another girl that I knew very well, she was continuously abused by her step father for years. He would first only pleasure himself, in her bedroom, while she was a little girl, and it became normal to her. Then as she matured, he would watch her shower, ask her to do things to herself, etc. He never raped her until she made the mistake of telling her mother she had lost her virginity to her boyfriend. Apparently that was a benchmark he had been waiting for, and he would trade sex for school clothes, borrowing the car, etc. Anytime she threatened to make him stop, he would threaten to leave her mother. When the girl learned that he had started to harass her little sister about sex, she finally went to the cops.

Sure, there is a bit of a power and control angle, but it was MAINLY about pleasuring himself at her expense. He already had complete power and control over the young girls, but he wanted SEX!

I'm not denying that there is a power and control angle, that angle is prevalent in everything that we do day in and day out, it is a motivating factor in everything, but the difference between rape and just some egotistical control freak is SEX.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well, I can understand it, to a degree. But as Societies Moral fiber is crumbling, Where Sex, is in a reality, designated for procreation, I see no difference then in LEGALIZING anything, and everything. For those in the UN, Murder has been legalized, through the proxy of War. People are making money, off of that also. This was no surprise to me, coming from the UN.

I'm glad you mentioned sex as procreation. That is an important topic in this discussion. In this day and age of birth control, condoms, abortions, in-vitro fertilization, surrogates, and such, sex is no longer about procreation. I only have 2 children, but I have had a LOT more sex than that, while I know other women that have given birth to children from men they never even met.

We've moved far beyond sex as procreation. Sex is entertainment, procreation is science.

Not that I necessarily approve of this significant shift in society, but it is what it is.

I find it Hypocritical, at best, and at worst, Ironic. Will the UN pay for ALL the illigitamate children, being born, from Prostitution, pay for ALL the diseases being spread ? Whats my cost, on the whole thing ?

What are you paying for it now? Illegitimate children are at an epidemic proportion, STD's are rampant, who is paying for it now? YOU ARE! Through welfare and medicaid.
edit on 24-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If it is a brothel you do what you would do if you get sick or die from eating at a restaurant you take them to court and they pay damages if they were negligent. They are a business then and will not want to be sued or get the rep of being dirty.

As for a resulting child everybody signs a contract. They agree to the method of birth control and if something happens they go in front of a judge and come to a mutual decision as to the fate of the child both having equal rights.
He wants to keep it she doesn't fine but he has to help support her until the baby is born
She wants it he doesn't he pays 50% medical bills only,
They both want it split cost and custody

As any business or venture there are risks and possible lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I suspect that somewhere within the adoption of any U.N. legislation there is a ~10% clause so that any extra funds raised as a consequence will be distributed appropriately, how could a Politician refuse a 90% jackpot, of money that they didn't have to begin with?

My 10% figure is in fact fictional but I notice that Australia seem to contribute that much of their 'Carbon-Tax' to the U.N. www.youtube.com...

Maybe you can somehow 'Patent' a U.N. 'Law' that, if adopted in your country, automates a fixed payment to the U.N. (purely speculative thought)?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I just dont see how this empowers woman. I hate to say this, but most Men are Dogs. They dont look at a Prostitute, as a woman. They look at them as a piece of meat. Flesh. From strip clubs, to those working the red light district, in Amsterdam. HOW does a woman look at herself, when she know the majority of men feel like this ? Is all the money in the World, really worth self esteem ? Some woman, I am sure have their heads on right, and can fathom this, as they work in this industry. I just cant believe the majority could. I just want to know, if it was made "legal" what does this do to humanity, and is it a setback to womans rights, or does this empower them ? There is the price of unwanted Pregnancys, Disease , that no "contract" can be worth. Many Men dont seek out Prostitution, because it IS illegal. Will their be an uptick in failed marriages, an uptick in more children, not knowing their Fathers,or Mothers,will the divorce rate climb even higher? Will marrige rates fall even lower ? Lots of questions.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Not sure if that was a sarcastic reply, but yes. Quality is important. People are engaging in the solicitation of sex, whether it's legal or not. And since it's overwhelmingly NOT, why not legalize it everywhere and with that, improve the quality? Better looking women = more business = more money. And I believe it's a business that could drastically improve the economy.

EDIT: Also I believe legalizing prostitution could decrease sexual assault nationally. People say, "Rape isn't about sex, it's about control/domination!" That is plain wrong. It's sex. There are plenty of ways to dominate or control somebody that don't involve sex, but rapists choose to commit a SEXUAL crime. Why? Has any serial rapist ever turned out to be a successful man who gets plenty of (you know what) in his personal life? Not that I have ever heard. Why not offer sexually deprived men a legal and safe avenue for their appetites?
edit on 7/24/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

I just want to add that Ted Bundy got plenty of snuss.

We all know who Ted Bundy was. Just sayin, sometimes it's more than the sex.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They look at them as a piece of meat. Flesh. From strip clubs, to those working the red light district, in Amsterdam. HOW does a woman look at herself, when she know the majority of men feel like this ? Is all the money in the World, really worth self esteem ?

And the women look at them as marks. Bat the eyelids, shake the toosh, and take all their money! Who is really losing their self esteem? The women know they are working the crowd for the money, but the gullible men think "Tina" actually likes him and wants to hear about his day?

The men that are real jerks get kicked out anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I just cant buy it. Thats just me. But I do know this.........

A Women’s silence and “consent” can be bought. At least it seems that way, with Legalized Prostitution.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I just want to add that Ted Bundy got plenty of snuss.

We all know who Ted Bundy was. Just sayin, sometimes it's more than the sex.

I'd wager that by Ted Bundy's notoriety, it's safe to say he was an exception, not a rule. He murdered his victims. Something was wrong with his mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A Women’s silence and “consent” can be bought. At least it seems that way, with Legalized Prostitution.

It can also be bought with alcohol, a nice car, a nice dinner, a townhouse with a view, a date to see Magic Mike. Buying "consent" is something that has gone on since we stopped hitting women with clubs and dragging them to our caves.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

With that mindset McDonlads kidnaps all their employees. They just buy off their consent.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join