It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I will take your word as you are much closer to it than I am. Your post and some of the others have given me some things to consider. I will mull them over.

I wanted to share this with everyone.Meet the Fokkens possibly the oldest twin prostitutes with over eighty years of experience between them.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

The Dutch rock!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its great sure as long as they don't make legal prostitution mandatory for every country to embrace.

Seeing how gun control is being forced on the US by them I fear they will over step sovereignty boundaries. A country must be free to choose. The UN is not a country and have no territory formally. There is no country of the UN. They don't have authority over the legal opinions of each sovereign state. Their people decide and while it is great that the UN shows its support, they cant pretend to tell member states what laws to pass within their borders.

You think it would be a good idea...ok. Go to your respective countries and vote there for similar legislation. The UN is not a place for dictating world law. We all had governments, countries, and communities before the UN and will so long after it is gone.

Any other thought is just an illusion caused from prolonged delusions of grandeur.

edit on 25-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Where are the records that indicate this as being fact? As far as I understand it, that sort of recorded history would have only began with civilization. We've been "civilized" for thousands of years, I hardly call that modern.

This civilization is just a reflection of the first civilizations. And most of them were basically based on sex, and the sex the control of sex and the instinct of sex for other purposes, one and the first being, war. Fast forward to today. And how things have changed.

We are not all that different we are just the modern continuation of old paradigms. Basically this modern civilization is just based on the old ones, to which the sex trade was a crucial element, and so off-course you would not see any histories were there is no sex exchange other then the current one, because it only really existed with the creation of civilizations.

Before that things were more natural and primal, but you know that propaganda existed even then. And after thousands of years enforcing certain things and ways those things and ways become instinct, and other things that were instinct become either repressed or changed completely.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I see sex as something sacred and spiritual, there is nothing more beautiful then sex between two people deeply in love,

wham bam thank you ma'am seems selfish, and I feel sorry for a man that has only this experience.

edit on 103131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is still going on. The truth boncho is that males don't have the urge or instinct to spreed there seed around no more then females do. Don't you know that all information and all believes are justified more so then it is all falsified.
But no doubt whats really getting at you is the obvious flaw in that little theory that is constantly being put up in the spotlight as fact. Mostly because of the fact that it seems to be not the case if you actually look around...Right?

After all between the two species, and in most species even if you looked to other species on this planet you will see that it is the female that likes to keep her options open and has both been preconditioned by not only society, to breed, but also by nature for millions of years if not billions to spreed that seed on at all costs. And the toll of untold ages is much heavier then the blink of the eye that is civilization and society.

Oh ya illusions are plenty, and right before your eyes they shimmer. But even all that is nothing but constantly justified. All in all its not the way you look at it that matters, its the way you wanna look at it. All good sales pitches begin with that.

But in all such things will in some ways always be contradictory and at odds if you really look at it, the best course seems to be.......To not look at it.
After all nobody likes those who rock the boat, even if that boat is sinking.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Oh!
To each there own I suppose, depends on what you want I guess. But I think its time females and this whole thing started thinking outside the box, as this whole thing is like one giant Ferris wheel that seems to be not all that fun. That and we seem to be arguing over the same old sh*t each and every generation. It's totally annoying like a broken clock or a video clip from the same old movie getting replay'd over and over again ad nauseum.

Who's to say if they like there lifestyles and there choices, if they themselves can not say otherwise? In all you can become accustomed to a lot of things, prostitution is the least of them, but not the last. But that does not mean you should. In a lot of ways it is a choice, and if given the choice they still chose it, well that speaks volumes about a lot of things. In fact this whole thing not only that little story says much about a whole lot of things and about people in general, every action and every inaction tells its own tale to those who are willing to listen and hear.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You make a good point. I to feel the same, but sometimes its those very emotions that drive us to other things and in extremes. In fact if it were not so, then we all would not be arguing about this whole thing at all. In fact it would not even register on our emotes at all, to begin with.

But hey! What you gonna do about it? Cant we all just agree that we don't agree.... Nice avatar by the way.... But to tell the truth I don't feel all that sorry for a whole lot of them. And like it's been said, for some, it seems to be a conscious choice. So why not let them live it? And maybe they can write a postcard from that end and destination, and maybe, just maybe, someday, one day, in some long lost future, somebody may actually read it and begin to misinterpret it. Oh! What joy.

If it was not for the fact that I know that they don't know jack about squat. That and the fact that it seems to be like clockwork nothing but the same old bad news creeping up, over and over again. I would say! really who cares? And let them do as they wish as long as it stays withing its boundaries. After all its like everybody keeps constantly saying, what two consenting adults do with there time is there business.

And quite frankly I really, really don't care either what they do with there time. But it's not all about that, and that's obvious. As for the other things? Such as the seedy things, the sex against there will, and the crime degenerate aspect of it. Well its always good to keep it in mind and work towards and end to all that. In all this to, like lots of thing not only rape seems to be more about power and control over others and profiting from that. More so then the act of sex with strangers or whatever other fetishes people have. Among the rest of it, the majority seems to be just human nature, and choices being made.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I am just sad because I have seen and experienced to much, I don't really have anything else to say.

Maybe tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Tales of Love and Marriage, from The Power of the Myth an Interview by Bill Moyers with Joseph Campbell:

But marriage is marriage, you know. Marriage is not a love affair. A love affair is a totally different thing. A marriage is a commitment to that which you are. That person is literally your other half. And you and the other are one. A love affair isn't that. That is a relationship for pleasure, and when it gets to be unpleasurable, it's off. But a marriage is a life commitment, and a life commitment means the prime concern of your life. If marriage is not the prime concern, you're not married.

Sex can be spiritual and this is what all people should strive for in their lives. That ultimate communion between two souls that represents the shedding of the one and the birth of the couple where the two become one and act as one, think as one, and live as one. This is has been what both men and women have sought for countless centuries. This is the spiritual ideal.

Then there is the very real physical urges that come with being human. Some in this thread want to call that male who has not been so lucky in Love, not been so lucky in finding that soul mate, not been so lucky as to find that one who he can shed himself and become one with her, and there are those who have gleefully called this man a "dork" and others who gleefully applaud this astonishing insensitivity.

It is as if this man has been consigned, by the smug and the sanctimonious, to a life of lonely "dorkdom" where he must either get lucky in the spiritual sense of finding a soul mate, but never dare just get lucky in terms of relieving the very real sexual desires he will feel just the same as the spiritually smug and sanctimonious who deem themselves so superior to this man that they alone feel fit to determine his sexual outcome.

Then there are, of course, those who have the love affairs, where no money passes hands in exchange or sex, just two people who have come together to gratify each other sexually. Not much discussion from the effete snobs and nattering nabobs on this matter, only just the sanctimonious judgment of prostitution and the dubious blame placed upon the male for this phenomenon as if it is not even possible that there are women who want this monetized exchange of sex as much as any man paying for it.

The jokes will be made about this poor male who seeks sexual gratification for a fee as if he has never left the schoolyard and the sanctimonious may as well be making jokes about that mans penis size as the level of maturity on both is not at all in alliance with the "spirituality" these jokers are claiming.

Of all the great divides between people, the political, religious, professional, and philosophical divides are not nearly as tragic and senseless as the divide between men and women. These two sexes think differently but it is this difference that should be celebrated not castigated, not castrated, not held as if it were Maxwell's Silver Hammer coming down upon heads. The respect each sex wants from the other works both ways. A flat out refusal to understand the male and his physiology as well as his psychology is no way to encourage those males in understanding the physiology and psychology of the female.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

U.N. Commission Calls for

Ah... no. I don't think the UN should be 'calling for' or mandating any laws for other countries, especially for 'all other countries' at all. What nerve. Who made them in charge? AFAIK, they are a mediating agency, not a worldwide governmental body.

Don't you see what's going on? I did not have the chance to read all 24 pages preceding this one. I read the first five. But I bet that no-one mentioned the problem of the UN trying to get into and change the laws of other countries. This is the big picture.. and the big problem. yes?
edit on 26/7/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
No rational person can oppose this.

For women, it gives them the equality they have fought to have for hundreds of years.

For men, it gives them a way to satisfy their primal urges without emotional attachments.

Also, married couples can have sex outside of marriage and not worry about their spouse having a love affair.

And as a single man, I'd love to just pay for a good looking women without the BS of courting her from a dirty bar and risk being rejected or c***blocked.

All that without mentioning that it is completely unconstitutional for prostitution to be illegal [slavery aside, of course].

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Look at the big picture. For a site that has a motto to 'Deny Ignorance'.... the posters to this thread have some serious awareness issues. They can't see the forest for the trees, as they say. Please, please, I'm beggin you humbly.... WAKE UP! See the bigger issue. Post on the same. Thank You.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The UN should have NO say in any sovereign country's laws.. but then again, they command out military like in Libya.. I guess they already tell us what to do, huh? No one made much of a peep over that.. but we are up in arms over legalizing prostitution.. ugh.

Anyhoo, if a woman or man who is selling sex isnt a slave and there is regulation and etc.. I really dont care.Like everything else that SHOULD be legalized, its the criminal element that ruins the whole true freedom type of utopia. Just my opinion. I understand the monogamy thing and the spiritual thing.. but we all arent alike. I tend to mate for life and be a staunch supporter and focused on my mate. Others arent like that.. doesnt make me or them superior. Just different. I feel no pity for the man or woman who wants a NSA "relationship" because it is what they want. I dont like even the idea of one nighters or a new person all the time because I always llike someone already knowing what I like and etc and look at a relationship as an investment of myself and my time.. others want the spontaneous sex, the anonymity, the no strings, and release without emotional or real financial entanglements. Maybe the man wants to choose someone he wouldnt have in his own pool of potential sex partners in his life just to experience it. Maybe the woman wants something that is unconventional in her own life in her pool of partners so she seeks it out with a stranger. Morality is always an issue.. but one persons morality may not agree with the next.
I suppose legalization would protect MANY women and men and children from the brokers and slavers and pimps. There will always be an underground for children and underaged teens, but legalization will make it a hell of a lot harder for that to occur IMO. People who have no other way to support themselves may wish to turn to this. In the depression, dark ages, good times and bad times over the ages among us one thing that never goes out of style is wanting sex for a plethora of reasons and prostitution.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
for crying out loud people.

what is with this, "oh, we need to regulate it for more tax dollars for the politicians".

what, they haven't screwed everyone over for enough taxes yet?
Our countries can run on a fraction of actual taxes brought in. that's a fact.

we need less regulation and less taxes not more. The politicians and corporations are fleecing everyone and people in here of all places are calling for more taxes on things like this and drugs etc etc.

use your head people.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BottledWater
No rational person can oppose this.

No emotional person can be for this

For women, it gives them the equality they have fought to have for hundreds of years.

How does this have ANYTHING to do with equality

For men, it gives them a way to satisfy their primal urges without emotional attachments.

And as a single man, I'd love to just pay for a good looking women without the BS of courting her from a dirty bar and risk being rejected or c***blocked.

Well, I'm a single man. I don't have to go to a dirty bar and be cock blocked to try and find a good woman. I'm also not too sure the majority of prostitutes meet my standards for a "good woman". They mostly seem to be terribly broken inside. However well programmed they have become to justify their acts, I'm of the belief unless they are truly psycho, they HATE the job.

They are the oppressed, and here we have people glorifying these acts in this thread. It's truly disgusting when you see people who have to resort to the monetary value of the act, and disregard the fact that it takes away a woman's dignity and self-respect. We are objectifying them in the worst of ways.
edit on 26-7-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Just a small point but....

Well, I'm a single man. I don't have to go to a dirty bar and be cock blocked to try and find a good woman. I'm also not too sure the majority of prostitutes meet my standards for a "good woman".

He didn't say "good woman," he said "good looking woman."

I don't think any men are looking for a good woman when they hire a prostitute, they are looking for an attractive woman willing to do some things with them for a pre-determined amount of time. They don't care if she is a good mother, scholar, or runs over kittens on a moped, they only care that she is attractive.

BUT, and that is a capital BUT..... I do think too many men go to bars looking for good women, and that is not the right place to find a good women either! Also, a lot of men believe the strippers, prostitutes, and bar flyes are actually interested in them, and actually care about more than what's in their wallet, that too is a lie!

This is precisely why we need to separate sex and relationship status. If they can go hand in hand, then AWESOME, maybe that is a relationship that will last a lifetime, but we are judging the two things on entirely different criteria. I know some very attractive women that are just a ton of fun, but I wouldn't want them sharing my bank account or babysitting my children, and on the flipside I know some extremely responsible women, great with money, highly educated, wonderful mothers, but I'm not attracted to them.

Maybe the conversation shouldn't even be about prostitution, but should be more about an honest discussion of sex. When sex is tied to spirituality and an intimate connection it is amazing, earth-shattering, life-changing, and that is awesome! Except, sometimes I dont' want amazing, earth-shattering, life-changing sex, sometimes I just want quick, mundane, dirty elevator sex, so I can get right back to what I was doing before with a clear head minus the hormonal distractions.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Legalizing and legitimizing this ancient profession would shine a bright light on all the whores in high places.
GO FOR IT!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Just a small point but....

Well, I'm a single man. I don't have to go to a dirty bar and be cock blocked to try and find a good woman. I'm also not too sure the majority of prostitutes meet my standards for a "good woman".

He didn't say "good woman," he said "good looking woman."

Noted. Thanks for the correction.

I don't think any men are looking for a good woman when they hire a prostitute, they are looking for an attractive woman willing to do some things with them for a pre-determined amount of time. They don't care if she is a good mother, scholar, or runs over kittens on a moped, they only care that she is attractive.

Correct. They are looking for an object of their lust to purchase for a certain amount of time. That IS objectification. The fact that they don't care shows all too well their character. It's one of a narcissist, or worse.

BUT, and that is a capital BUT..... I do think too many men go to bars looking for good women, and that is not the right place to find a good women either! Also, a lot of men believe the strippers, prostitutes, and bar flyes are actually interested in them, and actually care about more than what's in their wallet, that too is a lie!

Yea NO. I'm a bit like you in that women actually like to talk to me for who I am. While I don't go to strip clubs, I know that the women I interact with at the bars are truly interested in me. They help me out often when I get too drunk, and we all hang out after hours or on their off days doing various things. It's a tight little community bar
I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is precisely why we need to separate sex and relationship status. If they can go hand in hand, then AWESOME, maybe that is a relationship that will last a lifetime, but we are judging the two things on entirely different criteria. I know some very attractive women that are just a ton of fun, but I wouldn't want them sharing my bank account or babysitting my children, and on the flipside I know some extremely responsible women, great with money, highly educated, wonderful mothers, but I'm not attracted to them.

Okay, but I don't see what that has to do with sex or prostitution. I can be attracted to a woman, and have a ton of fun with her without having to be a dick and slap it out on her. I guess that's something some men have trouble with. I have a high sex drive, but don't objectify women like this. It just feels incredibly wrong on so many levels!

Maybe the conversation shouldn't even be about prostitution, but should be more about an honest discussion of sex. When sex is tied to spirituality and an intimate connection it is amazing, earth-shattering, life-changing, and that is awesome! Except, sometimes I dont' want amazing, earth-shattering, life-changing sex, sometimes I just want quick, mundane, dirty elevator sex, so I can get right back to what I was doing before with a clear head minus the hormonal distractions.

Honestly, I don't think that's going to change with you, or I will change the way I am. This is how we are naturally. I'm just not sure those who aren't as self-aware naturally feel this way about prostitution. I think we're cultured into these beliefs that it's okay to objectify women like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I agree with you quite a bit in that response.

I think the term "objectify" has a negative connotation that it doesn't necessarily need though. Men are also objectified, and so are bosses, and parents, and siblings. We see each other in lots of different capacities and environments throughout the day and the lifetime.

Although I suppose technically it is objectifying a woman to only want one specific thing from her body and nothing else, it doesn't have to be a negative thing if she also wants the same thing in return, and neither party is looking for anything beyond the physical.

The "friends with benefits" scenario. I had a pretty good friend last year that told me a story that made me just want to hug her and say, "good job!" She had a male friend texting and IMing her one night online, and he was surfing the internet, craigslist, etc, and he was thinking of hiring girl to come to his apartment that night, and instead she told him to just come over to her place and save the money and risk. They had never had sex before, they never had sex again, she wasn't attracted to him all that much, but she didn't want to see him throw away $200, and take a chance on getting arrested or getting robbed or getting a disease, so instead, as a very good friend, she just offered to fill that role for him for that evening. NOW THAT IS A GOOD WOMAN, and a GOOD FRIEND! It was objectification, but it was her idea, not his, in fact, she said it took a lot of convincing to make him believe she was serious. Objectification doesn't have to be a bad thing does it?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I am just sad because I have seen and experienced to much, I don't really have anything else to say.

Maybe tomorrow.

The truth!

There really is nothing more to say on it, and all choices have been made long ago. Now people will only go through the motions that will lead them to the ends of the choices that they have made. And they will draw lines in the sand, but in time even those lines will be crossed, and in more time they will be forgot all together and it will all be just that...Dust in the wind.

That may take days for some, it may take years for others, it may even take lifetimes yet for others. But I am pretty sure that when its all said and done, and the smoke clears all will be reveled that the world is exactly the way it is because that is how people want it. There really is nothing more to say on this, as the rest is merely theatricals, and so they must convince themselves of the things that they want to do.

Some take the high road, some take the low road, some take the inner road, and some take the outer road. But all roads lead to the same place, the justification of there ends and there means.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join