It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Afterthought

You're dead wrong. The only thing sexual about rape is that it usually involves sexual organs.
It's about FORCE. It's about making someone do something they don't want to do.
Rape is about SEX. If it was just power and control, then we'd hear a lot more of your roller coaster scenarios being committed, instead of sex acts.

Below link might shed some light on the subject
Atleast how the judicial system classifies them.

Wiki_RAPE

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
Originally posted by hp1229

It doesn't look like sex and drugs are being treated as mutually dependant. It looks like legalizing injectable drugs could curb the HIV epidemic by reducing the use of multi-user needles.
Well we are more or less compromising the situation rather than irradicating
For instance, slavery was irradicated though it may have seemed to be a daunting task as that point in time. It isn't impossible

As an American, I believe both should be Legalized, as long as we ensure the prostitutes aren't being forced into the trade. I know many only want freedom if it fits their ideals. Personally, i'm against prostitution and injectable drugs, but I think both should be legalized. If I wanted social control, I would emigrate to North Korea.

Social control is something that the Government has no control over. It comes with social responsibility as part of the society that one represents. Generally in a diverse society, it is hard to find the right fit and identity as per which society a person thinks they belong to. Why do you think many students, teenagers (in some cases adults) in general have identity crisis (atleast from my personal experience and exposure to the education system). They all want to belong to something and be recognized. Society and Parents are too busy and life is fast in general for many societies/countries that it is often neglected (instilling the social values into the kids) IMO. NK has a dictatorship.
edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadysophiaofsandozEvery person deserves human contact and sex is one of the most beautiful ways two people can connect.
Agree however bonding is just as essential to connect. Can you explain 'jealousy' when you see your loved (not yours personally) one screwing around with someone else?

Build up of testosterone and sexual repression are DANGEROUS they make people violent and perverted.
Well there are several other methods to use up the build up of testosterone.

Everyone should have the opportunity to get laid. People who are not attractive or handicapped everyone. Why shouldn't these people have access to physical contact. As long as both people consent and use protection and everyone is of age I say go for it.
I agree however not build up a society solely on sex. To me this sounds more like the philosophy of Bhagwan Rajnish (LINK) where his philosophy was 'sex to superconcious'. It doesn't last forever. Sexual relationship based on Love is lot more satisfying.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide,

dear god.

what are they plotting now?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by getreadyalready

What are you paying for it now? Illegitimate children are at an epidemic proportion, STD's are rampant, who is paying for it now? YOU ARE! Through welfare and medicaid.
edit on 24-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)
Not due to prostitution is illegal but due to lack of 'sex education'. How many babies are born to teens and/or improper/lack of useage of birth control? Surely there are rape babies but significantly less in numbers then accidental pregnancies. Ofcourse the middle class will pay for it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
OH goodie, now maybe they can open up,

the University of Prostitution, with campuses world wide, and you guys can sell your daughters into the sex trade.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
reply to post by sonnny1

As for a resulting child everybody signs a contract.
Sure everyone signs the contract and possibly let the tax payer share the burden?

They agree to the method of birth control and if something happens they go in front of a judge and come to a mutual decision as to the fate of the child both having equal rights.
So just because someone wanted to enjoy few minutes of pleasure in a few inches of space, we leave the court for the 'fate' of a child?

He wants to keep it she doesn't fine but he has to help support her until the baby is born.
Regardless, we end up with babies without fathers/mothers and become a burden for the tax payer or the single parent pays for their upbringing? What about after the baby is born?

She wants it he doesn't he pays 50% medical bills only, They both want it split cost and custody.
More to spend by the tax payers to support public defenders and attorneys representing the ones who can only pay for a quickie but cannot afford the court fines and/or lawyer fees

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phrig
I suspect that somewhere within the adoption of any U.N. legislation there is a ~10% clause so that any extra funds raised as a consequence will be distributed appropriately, how could a Politician refuse a 90% jackpot, of money that they didn't have to begin with?

My 10% figure is in fact fictional but I notice that Australia seem to contribute that much of their 'Carbon-Tax' to the U.N. www.youtube.com...

Maybe you can somehow 'Patent' a U.N. 'Law' that, if adopted in your country, automates a fixed payment to the U.N. (purely speculative thought)?
Star for you. You're definitely getting somewhere with that thought
Wish someone familiar with the UN policies/practices can shed some light on this subject.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Will their be an uptick in failed marriages, an uptick in more children, not knowing their Fathers,or Mothers,will the divorce rate climb even higher? Will marrige rates fall even lower ? Lots of questions.

Star for that
This particular proposal by UN is not suited for any country

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I say make it happen and legalize marijuana to I'm game. I'm also married so I don't care about prostitution go ahead and get all them diseases. If they do I think people in that profession need to be checked on a regular basis for diseases. But that is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Interesting point.
France has just banned prostitution by punishing the "customers":
www.bbc.co.uk...
I do not think prositution should be banned, if people want to "rent" their bodies, then they have the right to.
And prostitute "customers" usually use their services with respect.
Humand trafficking (and its corollary: pimping) and child prostitution must be banned - well, they are already, but they must be properly enforced!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hp1229
The best thing for the people that are in this industry if it's legalized, is that they can contact authorities if they are abused or mistreated, and suddenly they are treated like actual human beings...
This would be a compromise with the real issue instead of addressing one IMO. Its like saying that pedophiles are a problem but they wouldn't be a problem if it was legalized.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Leave the Gun, Take the Canoli!"

Do you think the UN might like the Godfather?

edit on 25-7-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by hp1229

Prostitution goes on and will continue to; but, it is not like any other job, not for the prostitute and not for the customer. While some may choose it as a career, others, most are forced into it and I have known some that were forced into it.
It seems that way if you consider the bigger picture. UN takeover of the pimping industry

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyand here you have us "guys" filling up pages, on the subject..
as their number is much much bigger as a customer then women and that a customer has a right to know how their product/services will be changed in the future based on the UN proposal

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruemanGreat opportunity to tell the boss to go to hell and start your own business.
Well...not really if you're planning to see him/her as a customer to the business
Remember...the competition will be 'stiff' once it is legalized
Also what if the business opens up at a mall ? Would the business be soliciting 'free samples' like many asian food outlets do?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Oh Boy! Oh Boy!Is that included in Obama Care?Do I get a Link card or Food Stamps for that?
anything is possible in the name of 'mental health'

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
So what happens is suddenly prostitution is massively decentralized. Everyone is suddenly getting in the game. Average contributors to society are taking up prostitution as a side job or hobby. Some people go big and do what they can to make prostitution their bread and butter or better yet their dream of success. Prostitution is suddenly fresh, local, convenient, honest and productive, and especially in the early years untaxable.
You forgot about 'vending machines'
I can see a genius building an empire with 'quickie vending machines'/'glory hole booths' where something or someone would provide the service at every corner of the street or even at your local quick check or quickie mart convenient store parking lots

edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1
Wrong. Its just a cheep way of selling your body, at the sake saying its empowering. Its a cheep blindfold. Sex is cheep thrill. Again, Buying a womens "silence", by spreading her legs, for a few dollars,doesnt show me, humanity is moving in the right direction.
Very nicely put. It is amazing how much of the human dignity has diminished in many societies.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Politics=people screwing you for money.
Prostitution=people screwing you for money.

Why is one legal and the other not legal??

Those are 2 of the oldest professions on the planet.

LOL. The only difference is, in politics they forcefully take your money and screw you harder.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join