It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Administration Violated the Constitution But Won't Reveal How

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

For months, U.S. Senator Ron Wyden has been giving American citizens an extraordinary warning: the federal government is spying on us in ways that violate our privacy and would alarm us if we knew more, he insists, adding that he can't tell us any more because the details are classified. Now Sen. Wyden has won a small victory. Thanks to his persistent efforts, he was granted permission to share with the public a small amount of previously classified information about the NSA's domestic spying. The most consequential revelation: "National Security Agency spy activities on at least one occasion have violated the Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure, according to a ruling by the U.S.'s secret national security court." Put more succinctly, the Obama Administration violated the constitution. How did the NSA transgress against our 4th amendment rights? Incredibly, that bit of information remains classified. Citizens aren't permitted to know the details of their government's confirmed misbehavior.

www.theatlantic.com...

Some of you think I'm a big Obama fan; I am not. I'm just virulently anti-GOP, anti-Romney, anti-Libertarian.

As an AMERICAN though, this sort of story troubles me greatly!

Private communication is crucial in a democracy and in capitalism.

If this was done deliberately it's a HUGE deal and should result in jail time for someone, if not multiple people.

Like everything else, I'll withhold a bit of judgement while I try and learn more, but... it looks very bad.

One small note, Senator Wyden is a Democrat.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I will say this, I used to have an NSA handler who was able to tell me everything that was going on with any of my friends and anyone else I needed information on. It turns out there was a lot of corrupt stuff going on out in the world. I probably won't mention this again, so pay attention! Lol.

So although I would agree completely that the NSA knows everything, they also know everything the Obama administration is planning, or so I was told. It could be useful to have an organization that actually knows everything. They seemed level-headed to me.
edit on 24-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What happened to transparency?

That's about as transparent as the Ohio river

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I hope Senator Wyden doesn't wind up OD'ing on baby aspirin or drowning in a bone dry bathtub...by accident.

We will probably never know exactly what went on and no charges will ever be filed. It is unfortunate that we all pretty much know that already.

I would love to be a fly on the wall and find out just what they have done though. Maybe I will be shocked, and something will actually come to light.

Gotta love the transparancy if nothing else.

edit on 7/24/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

It's quite disappointing.

Not "now I'm voting for Romney" disappointing, but disappointing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
When will you Americans realise that your President has no real say over what happens in agencies like the NSA. They do as they damn well please.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That's not exactly true.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We need to stop pretending that jail is the answer. Jails aren't deterrents, they're 2 star suites.

From now on, ANYONE in the US Gov that breaks a law is shot in the head.

I guarantee that will put an immediate stop to all the bull#.
edit on 24-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join