It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes was Studying Temporal Illusions, or the Ability to "Change the Past"... or was he?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Probably so, but a bit more contained and predictable. Right now I think this thread has separated into two different ideas: the possibility of timeline manipulation, especially regarding Damascus, and whether or not James Holmes was involved with something like that.

It is just speculation at the moment, but all ideas are useful.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Doctoral candidates, especially ones that win research grants and such seem to be the types that are highly recruited by many interested groups.

that this person may have been used by someone else seems obvious.

while he may be nuts, his nuttiness was controlled and deliberate over an extended period of time.

he didn't snap and commit these acts in the heat of passion.

his actions flowed from some sort of belief.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Most probable explanation: he was sick.

However, there are some issues that I think deserve to be investigated.. For instance, how he got into the theater (an eyewitness claims someone on the inside opened the door for him, which belies the theory that he was simply deranged; when one acts alone, suspecting him of some mental instability is probable; when he acts with others, the chances of some more convoluted, possibly conspiratorial scenario becomes more plausible) how he got hold of those types of weapons despite being (unconfirmed, but suspected) on various psychotropic medications - when any person such as that should if not denied the right to own guns, at least be restricted from owning assault rifles, etc, not to mention the need to keep an eye on such people.

How he fell off the radar, is compelling. Not to mention the fact that since this attack the calls for stricter gun laws has become more vocal; and stricter gun laws, of course, are incompatible with the spirit of liberty - mainly from the malefic ambitions of government, and given the state of the world today, the probability of a future economic collapse in the western world, the portents of war in the middle east (israel verses Iran, Egypt, Syria, to name just a few) enunciates the need to inhibit the public's ability to acquire guns.

As I said earlier, there is no argument to be made against suspecting the government of pulling this off, or at least facilitating a tragedy such as this, since government i.e. the art of ruling, takes ends into greater regard than the means used to attain ends; government is an intrinsically (at least in most peoples eyes; both Plato/Aristotle, for example, argued a sort of relativism in governance) amoral business. To take morality into consideration inhibits your ability to affect certain policies. So, neither the left (marxist) nor the right (straussian)
shy away from devising scenerio's designed to lead to some definite end.

But it's important not to go too far off in speculation. The most reasonable explanation, despite all of the above, in my mind, is that he was mentally ill. That doesn't mean that I don't think the government will take advantage of it, though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Watch it turn out to be like the Butterfly Effect. See if he didn't kill those people, one of them wouldve bore a son that wouldve brought the fall of humanity, so James travelled back in time using his notebook to stop it all.

< R.I.P to the deceased >
edit on 24-7-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Why would a Syrian intelligence agency (which I imagine at this moment is up to it's neck in domestic issues) be involved?

If any intelligence agency is to be acting on American soil, first and foremost, logically speaking, it would be an American agency; and since this particular issue - gun violence - educes conversation about gun laws, its far more plausible that an American agency is involved than a Syrian one.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

so what you are saying is that the US government would do something like this but the Syrian or Iranian government would not.

and the reason for this is because the US government doesn't want the 270,000,000 privately owned firearms held by Americans to grow any larger. seems like too little too late if you ask me.

but, i suspect Syria used Holmes to launch a failed attack upon the United States for reason's known only to Assad and that sounds unreasonable?

edit on 24-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

his actions flowed from some sort of belief.

That's the main point regarding James Holmes at least - his actions were way too planned out in advance to be done for no reason, but we haven't gotten any explanation of his reason yet.

It wouldn't make sense for someone to go on a shooting spree on a whim who bought explosives and supplies over the course of months, and made a complex series of traps in their apartment. Those two personalities are completely different. from each other.
edit on 24-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

my theory is that every nation state exists to some degree within every other nation state.

so Syria, while it is an actual place that can be shown to exist on a map, as a concept, Syria, and every other nation, also exists in an abstract way within the United States.

perhaps Assad's Syria has determined that the only way it can survive what has befallen it is to conduct convert operations within the United States, in much the same way Gaddafi did when trying to save himself last year and also Saddam Hussein and bin Laden before that.

that gun control in the US was the reason for this makes no sense. Even if they could achieve such a goal as gun control in this land, it would still require a Constitutional amendment, which is certainly not forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ok..gotta come in with a question...is this why some of us are remembering different pasts then others? A supposed different timeline?

And I just read something on another thread about Rome falling again...anything to do with what's coming?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

My idea of a timeline shift leans towards quantum physics...alternate realities...in one it's Jerusalum...in one it's Damascus...and I think for some reason some of us have switched timelines...our souls or whatever.

Why, I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

5 years sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes....5 years mark again....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And the Bulgarian bomber had red hair....

and on another thread they are talking about this weird Olympic poster in the London underground and front and center is this guy with a huge red afro and he appears to be wearing a cape of some sort.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I have been looking at him as the false prophet....could that give him that ability?

He seems to be making the way for the anti-christ...I don't think it is him...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

i think people are perceiving potential realities...

...personally, i have a memory from early childhood that has persisted for my entire life, but it contrasts somewhat with my reality. for convenience, I link the difference in what I know I remember, albeit poorly, to the outcome of the Vietnam war and I am certain that Gerald Ford's presidency is directly linked to what some would call a time line shift.

at present it seems some people are fighting to maintain what they achieved in the 1970s, while others are fighting to undo it.

Damascus' current situation must be related to the failure of the people that brought Ford to power to hold their gains from Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

One word .....

CERN and others like it....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

5.53 years.

i think it makes a complete circle in time.

its almost as if whatever we do in our lives takes that long to completely filter through the system.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Most probable explanation: he was sick.

That makes sense, except for the fact that he heavily premeditated this. So it wasn't some impulsive decision. He could still be sick and have persistent delusions of some kind, possibly related to his studies. But there was definite reasoning behind the attacks, and we aren't getting any explanation of that.

As far as timeline shifts go, I think that as a race we have a fairly heavy timeline momentum, in other words, our future is fairly set... I find prophecies to be rather accurate... but it should be possible to make major timeline shifts, for sure.

What I think is really interesting is that after Michael mentioned 2020 days, I looked back and found out that was when Obama decided to run for office. I think Obama is a major timeline anomaly, actually. I think Hillary Clinton was supposed to win. Then this guy basically materializes out of thin air. True story. He has high timeline manipulation potential imo.
edit on 24-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Bingo.....there is a military base near by....wonder what goes on there?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

so what you are saying is that the US government would do something like this but the Syrian or Iranian government would not.

I have two issues with your logic. First, In AMERICA, it's more probable that an American intelligence agency is at work. In Iran - themselves a major sponsor of international terrorism (the recent Hezbollah hit on Israel tourists in Bulgaria, is an example of M/E intelligence agencies in other countries) it would e an Iranian agency (usually against political opponents) and likewise in Syria. So that's an axiom I think you should take more seriously; intelligence agencies generally (of course, not always) operate within their own countries.

Secondly, wheres the incentive? Why would Syria do this? Compared to the American incentive - to force controversial legislation against ownership of guns - any explanation you can muster in favor of Syrian involvement fails miserably.

and the reason for this is because the US government doesn't want the 270,000,000 privately owned firearms held by Americans to grow any larger. seems like too little too late if you ask me.

Rome wasn't built in a day. In order to CHANGE the political climate and thus the culture, you need to enact legislation. If legislation were passed denying Americans the right to own certain firearms, like AK's, M16's, Assault rifles, that right there would be a major blow on the ability of Americans to oppose the government - since that after all is the logic behind the 2nd amendment.

but, i suspect Syria used Holmes to launch a failed attack upon the United States for reason's known only to Assad and that sounds unreasonable?

Given the other possibilities 1) he was just sick, and acted alone with no government involvement or 2) he was used by an American intelligence agency .. yes, it is EXTREMELY unreasonable to tendentiously press this point.

It's nothing personal. I just don't think you have any reasonable argument in favor when there are two other - far more probable - explanations available.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join