It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Originally posted by resoe26
What in the hell is hyperbole?
How come you folks always write in some lame computer code?

Hyperbole. It's an English word, not computer code. Look it up.

Also, studies show that the brain actually shows differences at birth between a gay and straight person. For this to be a choice, the choice would have to be made in the womb...

Sexual orientation is neurobiological and is set at birth, according to a report delivered by Jerome Goldstein, M.D., a board-certified medical neurologist and Director of the San Francisco Clinical Research Center. ”Sexual orientation is not a matter of choice, it is primarily neurobiological at birth,” Goldstein told the 21st Meeting of the European Neurological Society (ENS), in Lisbon, Portugal, adding, “Clearly the basis of sexual orientation is in the brain and differences in brain structure and function and the province of neurology.”

The New Civil Rights Movement
edit on 7/24/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by resoe26

My parents sent me to catholic school so that i could make up my own mind about religion, and i did, i chose to become atheist.
My parents did not shelter me from certain people from society (apart from murderers and pedophiles, the extreams if you will) so that i could make my decision on who i will be. And after a few years of mischeif (hell, every teenager/child gets into trouble, its part of growing up) i became a adverage person, giving back to society through work and what not.

I did not become 'tainted' by homosexuals, as you fear for yoru children.
I did not become a wild criminal because of the people i knew and spoke to.
I did not become a racist because i was used to hanging out and talking to others from different ethnic background than my own from an early age.
I did not become homophobic because i was confertable speaking to homosexuals, because i have met and spoken to so many different people with different views and ways of life.
I became a adverage english man. And why? Because i am used to speaking to different people, different backgrounds, different ethnicity, different sexual oriontation, different religions, different genders.

This is what it means to be from the UK/USA/Europe. We have always been nations built on immigration and trade (especialy the UK, being an island means that we had to meet and talk to people from all over the world. And the USA, for being built on immigration)

If you hide your child away from certain aspects of society, they won't know how to talk to them because they will feel unconfertable. This forces them to make a choice between the two, join then or fight them, either from a distance, hiding their feelings in themselves (homosexuals who are never able to come out because of fear of the people they know leaving them in resentment), or in practice (becoming homosexual, or beating people for being homosexual).

I was raised much the same hermano
except I grew up in the projects and in a gang and going to a public school. Been in alot of trouble in my life and joined the US Army and became a Ranger.
then I got married and had kids.
I'm not tainted by homosexuals. In fact I had some friends in high school that were such. I just don't agree with the choices man. That's ALL. I don't hate them at all.
But I can honestly say, I don't want my children to be like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

"We're here, we're queer, get over it"
Well we are, so you can stop now.

Many of us are, but many people will never accept homosexuality.

What I realize is, homosexuals cannot force people to accept their life style, they are not going to change their minds.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yes,
Perhaps you have not seen my involvement in threads such as this. ATS has made me rather militant with barking down people.
I am gay, I have a partner of over 10 years.

There is no choice. There are people in fake marriages that are heinous-imagine thinking you have your soul mate just to find out they never had physical attraction to you.

Your response though illustrates me point. You don't chose to look at women, you might scheme on how to get a better look-but the impulse is there unbidden.

It is the same for gays, just different target.

Likewise, if someone finds themselves peeking at men while married, and demanding that others are trying to convert them-they are in denial and are closet cases. They cant cope with the idea that they are what the Abrahamic religions that most in the US were indoctrinated in-hate them.

So they focus the rage outwards on those who have accepted it and made a life for themselves.

It is not a choice. If it were I certainly would never have chosen to be in a group that has so far landed me a spinal injury and CONSTANT rage at seeing threads like this.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I think the op made a very good point. I don't care if you are gay, so why should as a gay person care if I find your bedroom practices to be acceptable. You go live your life, try to find what makes you happy, I will continue to do the same. We will both be happy,you can be gay that is alright, but I don't have to agree it is normal, or that it is ok.

I mean it is a lot one sided to tell me what I have to think and accept as "normal"and then in the same breath tell me I don't have a right to disagree. Sorry if your gay and the fact I don't find anything "normal" about it offends you, but that is your right, and I would never attempt to take it from you.

Just from a scientific perspective "gay" doesn't work. For example Adam and Eve are in the garden of eden, instead of fathering a child with Eve, Adam runs off with Steve. Now there is no human race, because all animals in nature understand what is obvious. A man and a man equals no more men, a women and a woman equals no more women, no more men or women no more human race.it is natural for a man to be with a woman, any other configuration is Anormal.

Does that mean that gay people are bad or any other of a slew of nasty words? Hell to the no! Does it mean they are living a other than normal lifstyle ? Yes it does! Does that make them in any way less of a human and therefore they deserve to be treated less well than others? Once again of course not. It only means that they live a alternative lifestyle, nothing any more wrong about that than being a hoarder or prepper or any of many other alternative lifestyles.

Honestly I don't understand the offense that is generated by my not agreeing that is as normal as straight. It is a fact that way more people are straight than gay, that means gays are in the minority, which is defined as Anormal behavior.

I don't see the vampire kids complaining that everyone doesn't accept their Anormal behavior as normal, they understand that they are living an alternative lifestyle, maybe gays are just way to sensitive.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Believe it or not, people CAN change their minds. I could introduce you to a woman who was solidly anti-gay and after several discussions with me, she totally changed her thinking on it. She just hadn't been exposed to the logic around the subject. She didn't realize her own bigotry. I actually think this is possible with most people. It's just kind of difficult to be patient enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

No one wants you to accept their bedroom practices. They just want equal rights and to have equal treatment under the law. Your personal opinions (and mine) are irrelevant.

Fighting for civil rights for gays doesn't say anything about their bedroom practices any more than women fighting for rights is about vaginas.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Attention

Please stick to the topic in a respectful way and can the adolescent jokes and personal comments.

ATS expects Civility and Decorum within all topics...

The end of hate speech, subtle or otherwise on ATS...

link   

link   
Some science on it:

Study that links facial structure with being gay.
Differences in the sense of smell, potentially linked to pheromone reception.
Historical aspects of Gays.
Paper explaining how nobody cared about them scary gays, until the Crusades.

The book of Samual in the bible details the GAY relationship between Jonathan and David. The Book of Ruth is all about a LESBIAN relationship.

Jesus also had a male disciple whom was called "The beloved disciple". They liked to cuddle. Look it up.

Theories linking causes of homosexuality. Brain differences and in vitro items.

That was 30 seconds of looking.

I invite you all to spend 10 minutes.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Believe it or not, people CAN change their minds. I could introduce you to a woman who was solidly anti-gay and after several discussions with me, she totally changed her thinking on it. She just hadn't been exposed to the logic around the subject. She didn't realize her own bigotry. I actually think this is possible with most people. It's just kind of difficult to be patient enough.

I think there is a difference between bigotry and just not agreeing with the life style.

Can a person still love the person but not agree with their being gay?

I don't know how to pose the question I guess.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Lord, I do agree that most gays are born gay, not all but the majority.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not tainted by homosexuals. In fact I had some friends in high school that were such. I just don't agree with the choices man. That's ALL. I don't hate them at all.
But I can honestly say, I don't want my children to be like that.

How many times do people have to tell you - it's NOT a choice! If one of your children was gay, it wouldn't be because of how you raised them, and it wouldn't be a choice for them. It would just be a part of who they are, like having black hair instead of blond.

Did you make a conscious choice to like women with big butts and small waists? Or, are you just automatically attracted to that? It wasn't really a conscious choice, was it. It's just part of who you are. I could be offended that you like big butts on women, but it's really none of my business, and you aren't hurting anyone, so it's no big deal. Why can't it be no big deal if someone is attracted to the same sex? At least you are able to marry someone that has a big butt, if that's what you are attracted to. No one is forcing you to only marry someone with a small butt. I'm laughing as I'm typing this - but do you see what I mean?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Shark_Feeder

What in the hell is hyperbole?
How come you folks always write in some lame computer code?

I shall attempt again to educate you...

Hyperbole - Excess, exaggeration, throwing beyond, equivalent to hyper- hyper- + bolḗ throw.

You are attempting to take exaggerated claims, and apply them where they do not belong.

This is ATS, our motto is "Deny Ignorance". That means all ignorance... mine, yours, and everyone's.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join