It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
People haven't been beating porcupines to death, stoning porcupines, putting porcupines in prison, driving porcupines to suicide...

I wasn't bullied as a child because I own a porcupine.

I'm not told that I'm going to hell no matter how good a person I strive to be because I own a porcupine.

There isn't a decent chance that I might not get a job with some particular employers because I own a porcupine.

I'm not hated because I own a porcupine.

I wasn't rejected by some members of my extended family for owning a porcupine.

And I sure as hell could choose whether or not I wanted to own a porcupine.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

LOL

[color=grey]/ You made a point in a funny way

edit on 24-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Another point I would like to address is the idea of homosexuals "flaunting" their lifestyle in front of others via parades etc.

Let us play devil's advocate a moment. How do people feel if there is a clan rally on the steps of their courthouse?

They are as free as any homosexual to pursue their freedom of speech however revolting you might find it. Does that mean it is done with respect or tact?

Is it tasteful for them to flaunt their view in front of people who wish not to see it? Is your revulsion something to be ashamed of?

I don't care if anyone protests or "flaunts" their behavior, but in doing so they place themselves into a certain stereotype.

A stereotype that they openly embrace.

And in doing so they are making a choice, and that choice allows them to be judged.
A gay dude on here was complaining about discrimination in hiring against gays.

But prospective employers are discriminating against a vocal behavior.
Employers look at Facebook pages and they refuse to hire people for embracing certain attitudes, like being a conspiracy theorist.
Employers can discriminate against people who go to church if the job requires working on Sunday.

These are all choices.
They are practiced behaviors by choice.
Just as homosexual behavior and the public vocalization of this behavior is a choice.

That is my point.

They supposedly want equal rights, but what they really want is to be able to flaunt their behavior in places where it is not welcomed.
The want everyone to acquiesce to their demands. That is not equal rights.

edit on 24/7/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I'm not hated because I own a porcupine.

I don't hate you.

I find your behavior repulsive.

Big difference.

If I owned a business and I didn't want to hire you because you have a desire to be vocal about engaging in a behavior that I find repulsive, and you represent my business, then I should not be forced by law to hire you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poopooplatter
The fact that theres a vote for gay rights on any issue shows the push for it
Except for the fact ballot initiatives are virtually all created by anti-gays since until basically this year, all polling show marriage equality initiatives stood no chance at the ballot box.

Im just stating that tv attempts to make it very acceptable and inviting to be gay.
TV shows don't have to focus on that truth, since it is a truth, that it is very acceptable to be gay, regardless of what a TV show promotes. With that being said, there are gay characters on television shows, yeah. There are also straight/white/black/female/religious etc. characters, and never are these characters politicized. ONLY gay characters are politicized.

Much cooler than being ridiculed or harrassed by everyone in an unaccepting society. If they can sell gay and make it cooler than it previously was its a smart marketing move. When people are closet gay and ashamed they are less likely to buy and be as proud of their lifestyle. It doesnt make business sense. They want it cool, they want to make money. Am i saying its cool? Im not giving my opinion on if i think its cool. This is just merely an observation from a business stand point. It makes sense to me anyways.
You're right only from the perspective that companies, television companies and otherwise, are realizing LGBT (especially white gay/bisexual men) have a lot of money and aren't afraid to spend it on companies that support their legal rights. That is not the same as saying these companies are going out of their way to make gay cool. They are, however, showing their support towards the gay community, for profit of course, and also for a good reputation. Plus, because we're an interesting group and attention-grabbing, plus we're fun and we're diverse. We are cool, and that's what companies see, they don't have to market us as cool.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

You know I feel there is a "heterosexual agenda,"! I mean it's forced down our throats. Only a complete and utter idiot would post such a thing

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Can't we just put all straight men on an island somewhere and shoot them? I mean the way they act is humiliating to women and gay men

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mcspirit

Not at all.
That thinking's also hateful.

Straight men should be respected and cherished, and many of them are doing a lot to make things right without discrimination.

edit on 24-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Come on, can't everyone just get along?

These two did...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

The majority of your post was ridiculous nonsense.

Anti-gays creating ballot agenda?

Maybe about gay marriage, but that is it.

And why should a church be forced to change their beliefs to satisfy some gay fantasy to act like a heterosexual couple.
Do you realize how few members of the gay community actually get married in states that allow it and even fewer of these marriages last over a year?

We have a separation of church and state.
Why not allow the churches to decide if they want to marry gays?
Why not just allow civil unions?
Why do you want "marriage" so badly?

I mean... It couldn't be because you want to force a group of people to do something that they don't want to do?
You folks never do that.

You're right only from the perspective that companies, television companies and otherwise, are realizing LGBT (especially white gay/bisexual men) have a lot of money and aren't afraid to spend it on companies that support their legal rights.

Yes.
They have money because they don't have kids and THANK GOD THAT THEY CAN'T BIRTH CHILDREN TOGETHER.

Evolution will eventually take care of this.
I hope that you can see that homosexuals are a dying breed, literally.
Your genes will disappear through genetic drift.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So many excuses - excuses - excuses - excuses - excuses.

Equal Rights is very simple. Same Rights for everyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
So many excuses - excuses - excuses - excuses - excuses.

Equal Rights is very simple. Same Rights for everyone.

They have equal rights.

What they want are special rights.

How are they discriminated against.

Lemme guess... hiring.

Well so are stupid people.

Do you want equal rights for stupid people?

Maybe they are discriminated against in finding housing.
(which they are not btw. everyone knows that gays raise property value)

So are people with bad credit.

The bottom line is that they want to be vocal about a behavior, both are choices.

This is why the Supreme Court has never taken it up and why your argument for equal rights is baseless nonsense.
They already have equal rights.

See the 14ht Amendment.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
This is the most ridiculous statement that I have ever heard.
I doubt that it is.

As a person you have rights protected by the 14th Amendment.
As a GAY person, do I have protection from discrimination by the 14th amendment? That's the question, and one you haven't and cannot answer as the question has yet to even be decided by SCOTUS.

Gay rights is a fantasy.
This is like calling for Fat rights.
First of all, there are fat rights. Fat people have rights, and there are discrimination cases against overweight individuals that have been ruled in favor of the overweight person. However, unlike being overweight, being gay is definitely not chosen, and definitively does not harm a persons' ability to function on an every-day level in society.

Homosexual BEHAVIOR is a choice.
Being open about it is a choice.
Your orientation may actually be biological, but you have a choice to do what you do while being vocal about it.
Homosexuality isn't a behavior. Same-sex sexual activity is a product of a same-sex orientation. Sex is a natural function of human life. And homosexuality is legal. So choice or not, all human beings have the legal right to choose to engage in same-sex sexual intercourse in the privacy of their own homes and NOT be discriminated against publicly because it is NOT a factor in a persons' ability to function within society.

Seeking equal rights only concerns situations that are beyond your control.

You are in full control of the thing that you claim brings discrimination.
Wrong, people who are perceived as gay are discriminated against, even if they are straight, or if they are in the closet. Not all gay men or lesbian women can pass as straight, nor should they be forced to, as that is psychological warfare.

The problem you have is that you truly believe gay people are the problem and not the discriminatory actions that are brought against them. You're evil and a monster.

Just HUSH UP and keep it to yourself and you would be fine.
Forcing LGBT people into the closet has proven to have severe negative psychological affects, so you're basically saying gay people should essentially live a lie and pretty live in suffering, and if they choose their personal well-being and come out, they are almost deserving of condemnation and potential firings, non-hiring, and intentional workplace discrimination. You're an awful human being.

It's not an atrocity...
Its the Constitution and it was not written to keep you from getting your feelings hurt.
Discrimination against legal citizens is an atrocity. Yes, even against LGBT citizens.

They can also discriminate against smokers and fat people.

Hell, people who don't care of themselves in general.

This makes the business look bad and they lose business.
Is there rational basis that openly gay people "make business look bad"? Because in fact, this way of thinking is generally thrown out when proposed in courts. There really is NOT a rational basis to intentionally discriminate against an LGBT person in the workplace.

Why do you insist on going where you are not wanted?
I insist people stop the discrimination against LGBT citizens. I don't need nor want to associate with homophobic individuals.

As I said.
You want to be able to openly engage in a behavior that is a choice, and that is fine, you can do that.
No-one is "openly engaging" in same-sex intercourse nor is same-sex intercourse the defining characteristic in the lives of the overwhelming majority of LGBT citizens. I don't see anyone fighting for the right to engage in open male anal sex.

But you also want people who find it repulsive to NOT have to find it repulsive.

Keep it to yourself and you won't have a problem.

Your version of equal rights is molding the world to fit your needs.
No, my version of equal rights is called following basic human and constitutional principles. You can be a bigot, and that's your choice, an actual choice, not like sexual orientation. But you cannot infringe on my life because of your irrational personality disorder that causes you to be anti-gay.

Eat some humble pie and recognize that other people don't have to embrace you.
Man up.

Funny you tell me to man up. You're no man at all. Ironic, really. Until you recognize that not only do I not need you to embrace me, as if your opinion is somehow special, but that you WILL NOT discriminate against me and damage my life nor the lives of anyone in my community and get away with it, then we're going to continue to fight.

Please believe, every single gay man on Earth is more of a man than you could ever dream of being.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Another point I would like to address is the idea of homosexuals "flaunting" their lifestyle in front of others via parades etc.

Let us play devil's advocate a moment. How do people feel if there is a clan rally on the steps of their courthouse?

They are as free as any homosexual to pursue their freedom of speech however revolting you might find it. Does that mean it is done with respect or tact?

Is it tasteful for them to flaunt their view in front of people who wish not to see it? Is your revulsion something to be ashamed of?
KKK events=Gay pride events.

Says it all about what anti-gays truly think regarding gay people. This is what they truly think.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Since it appears that civility is a foreign concept in this thread, let's just put an end to this childishnness.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join