It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by resoe26

I don't have anything against gay people, except I feel that it is wrong that they are gay.

That right there?

That's something against gay people. Just for future reference.

I'll keep that in mind. ooooops

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I dunno. I was born a white man.
Now I am a black woman.. and since this whole gay pride thing.. I'm starting to get.. strange, new feelings.

Seriously the problem stems from people thinking being gay is a choice I think. They think that people are going to start choosing to be gay because of some "gay agenda." Which is pretty damned crazy.

You know what's fun in threads where there are homophobics?

Posting transgendered beauty queens. Look out gay agenda comin' through.
Didn't know straight men could push the gay agenda did ya honkies?
edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Its like narnia in here at the mo. Go people, go to the closet door and open it.

As a note to any parent out there who stridently advocate that there children shouldn't be exposed to this blah blah blah.

There is no surer way to encourage a young adult to experiment with something than to tell them its bad or wrong.

Lost count of the number of gay mates that have big butch fathers who wonder where they went wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by resoe26

Being gay IMO, is not a normal thing.

Can you tell me what you mean by "normal"?

I have a 2 year old son and hardly ever let him watch television, but now with all of these homosexual references in the cartoons, he might just have to stick with old looney tunes or popeye the sailor man.

Oh... I guess you didn't know... Bluto is gay. I guess you'll have to get rid of your TV altogether. Wouldn't it be better, though, to teach your children that all God's children are created by him and he loves them all equally? What if your son is gay? Wouldn't you want him to grow up knowing that he's OK and that God loves him just as he is? Or will you force him into a "reeducation camp" where he can learn to deny who he is and learn to "act straight" so society will accept him?

link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

It's not about homosexuality. It's about equality.
When two people love each other they can get married. As long as it's a man and a woman.

But suddenly if it's 2 of the same sex there's a problem? Love is love isn't it?
why do we have to narrowly define marriage as a union between a man and a woman?

I find the whole thing silly. Let them fall in love and get married. Who cares.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I always wonder when people use the term "gay agenda". What is the Goal of this agenda. Do people worry that seeing more gay people on the TV will turn their kids gay? Is the gay agenda to turn more people gay? I don't think sexuality works like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am not saying that they want to 'crawl back into the closet', im saying that they don't want coming out to be such a big deal. I'll use an example of when one of my friends came out to me.

me: Fancy coming out for a drink?
friend: Sure, by the way, thought i should tell you just to get it out in the open, im gay.
me: Ok cool, coming for a drink then or not?

They don't want a whole big thing with it, people and friends coming up to them and going 'Oh my god you're gay?! How long for? When did you first think this? Has anyone been giving you bother about it?' and throwing hundreds of questions to them just because they are gay.

I didn't know about my other friend until it came up in convosation, we were talking about sex and what not and he just came out with it, and the convo just carried on like normal, no big deal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually, Buster said it was, and his post was the one I replied to, not you.... this is what happens when you do not read to whom was being replied and what they stated before thinking you know what you are speaking about.

Originally posted by buster2010
No one is trying to bring you out of your knuckle dragging state of mind.

Now back to the rest of your post Benevolent:

you stated:

It sounds like you think that acceptance of homosexuality (maybe 10% of the population) will cause everyone to "go gay" and then everyone will be gay... Does the acceptance and equal treatment of black people cause us all to "go black"? Do you see how silly that thought is?

Actually, when you hit children around puberty telling them it is normal to be homosexual they question their sexuality and are more likely to experiment with a homosexual experience or two to find out why they are 'not normal' for being straight.

You just took being gay to excess, implying that we'd all turn gay and stop having kids - the society and species would fall. That's pretty damn excessive, wouldn't you say?

Actually I did not take being gay to excess, I took current demographics and implied homosexuality was one causal factor.... again, see Rome as well as current demographics and the societal problems a lower birth rate is causing. Homosexuality is simply a contributing factor.

No one is trying to convince you to "go gay". WTF are you talking about? There must be a new "gay agenda" that I'm unfamiliar with...

No, but rather than spread the message that homosexuality should not be discriminated against they are trying to teach it is the normal state of man which it is not, and they are trying to teach that being straight is somehow abnormal.....

How about just teach love your neighbor and to each his own for a change?

edit on 24-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Like I said, usually these homosexuals are crying out for attention. Maybe if the butch Father paid more attention to the children. But as you see now in days, most parents only give a crap about themselves. Let their children run all over the neighborhood all night and day with no rules. Just "get out of my face, I don't care what you do" type of attitude. It's the obligation of the parents to produce offspring that aren't Brats or attention harlots. But as prescription drug usage and depression pills keep getting abused, well then you can just say Adeus to the next generation. Its gonna get messy.

-Just watched a show on Dateline (I Think) the other day. It was a young boy 6 years old, that loved playing with his sister's barbie dolls. The parents somehow convinced this kid that he likes boys and wants to be a girl. So the decided to get the procedure done for him, at around the age of 16. What is that about? (single mother parent)
Probably if the kid had a stable father...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Ok. I see that you are showing how progressive your casual response was to your friend coming out.

Guess what.. that is how all friends react when their friends come out. I'm straight, I have a gay friend. He didn't really have to tell me because he knew I wouldn't give a damn either way. He's out and absolutely nothing is different than it was before.

No one acts crazy because usually friends no long before the person comes out. If people want to be prideful that's their business. Gay's complaining about how other gays acts is absurd.
edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Oh jeez. I... you bastard.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
When the civil rights movement was going on, the black predicament was in the forefront of the news. There were marches, protests, riots. It was on the news every day. It was a very big deal throughout the country. There were all kinds of debates going on - very heated. The older generations will remember this. The younger generation of today has only heard about it in school. The younger generation doesn't really think about whether blacks deserve to be treated equally - it's just a given now. It wasn't always a given.

We are going through the same thing now with equality for gays. It's a little rough, but we'll get through it. It seems like it's being shoved down your throats, but our children's children will only hear about it through history books. They won't really think about whether gays deserve to be treated equally - it will just be a given.

And as far as the gay pride parades - that's only a small segment of the gay population. That is simply the more extroverted gays doing their thing - much like the party animals at Mardi Gras. It's not my thing, but hey, as long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking the law ...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Are you aware that ancient greece was the most democratic society in history? That our system is politicaly bassed on their system? (we have lost the way, no doubt, and gone into something different, but democracy came from ancient greece).

Freedom, democracy, equil right and what not all came from ancient greece.....And you would of hated it for one aspect, sexuality was completly open.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I feel as though fear comes into play with things not understood and if people just loved one another instead of focusing on differences our world would be more peaceful.

Gay people cannot help but to love what they were made to love.

Its up to the " other" people to accept without fear. Simple.

The agenda imo is fear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

thats what i've been saying all along though, that they don't want media or politics or anything making a big deal about it. Thats why i used the example i did, they want society/media/politics to think of it the same way, nothing of a big deal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by resoe26

Being gay IMO, is not a normal thing.

Can you tell me what you mean by "normal"?

I have a 2 year old son and hardly ever let him watch television, but now with all of these homosexual references in the cartoons, he might just have to stick with old looney tunes or popeye the sailor man.

Oh... I guess you didn't know... Bluto is gay. I guess you'll have to get rid of your TV altogether. Wouldn't it be better, though, to teach your children that all God's children are created by him and he loves them all equally? What if your son is gay? Wouldn't you want him to grow up knowing that he's OK and that God loves him just as he is? Or will you force him into a "reeducation camp" where he can learn to deny who he is and learn to "act straight" so society will accept him?

Normal is not two men having butt sex.. or two women humping on another. The only source I know of reproduction is man and woman. Do you know of any others? Therefore homosexuality is not normal. What are the reproductive organs for? Just pleasure no matter where or with whom? So beastiality is ok then too?
Reproductive organs..... REPRODUCTIVE. Two men can't reproduce, nor can two women.

Bluto? who is that?
Television is lame anyways. My two year old son watches boxing, and futbol, colors and draws and loves books, although he can't quite read them yet. But it is cute to see him work at it.
My son is a sporty kid. Not much interest in cartoons.

Whats the deal? You a homosexual or is your child? Or was your parents? or did your spouse leave you because they are a homosexual?

link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yeh, but thats clearly a nut job or a parent who is desperate for attention so what am I meant to take from that.

Sexuality develops over a lifetime not in youth. I was with a guy when I was 14. Ashamed about it at the time and all that crap. Lost virginity to a women at 17. Was predominately hetro until 27 then started swinging between both.

Its not black and white. People have to find there own way. The most important thing is to find someone that makes you consider their happiness over your your own selfish feelings. Thats love.

link   
reply to post by resoe26

There are going to be bad parents straight and gay. I watched a show where straight parents locked kids in dog kennels where they starved and rolled around in their own feces. There are different types of abuse and straight people and gay people are both capable. When gay people start adopting more commonly you will likely see types of abuses that relate more to the GLBT community. Abusive lesbians might feminize a boy.. it will happen. Gay parents might make bad decisions about the age a kid should be allowed to consider transgender, not because they are bad, but because their experiences have caused them to be too accepting and progressive, letting the child do more decision making than them.

That stuff will happen. That's no excuse to say they can't marry or have kids, because they will be no different than straight parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join