It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by King_John

There are annoying people in every culture. Like I said, I have gay best friends, but I also knew two gay kids in high school that were obnoxious as all hell. Those people aren't exclusive to the gay culture. There are a lot more obnoxious straight people than there are overly flambouyant gays though.

Perhaps that's because there are more, a lot more, straight people than gay...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
There's a difference between hiding and not flaunting and making a huge show of it. Riding down the street in floats wearing skimpy outfits making a huge deal of your sexual orientation does what exactly? Why be proud to be gay? You should take pride in your accomplishments and achievements not something that you have no control over.

OK, explain the Orange Parade in those terms (skimpy outfits and sexual orientation notwithstanding). And let's face it, that's just engineered to piss off Catholics. And while we're at it, how about St. Paddy's Day parades? Hey...they're Irish. We get it. They are no longer white NNNnnnegroes. So what's the big deal? They are now as socially acceptable as anybody else. How come they get all green, and drink and stuff?

And what's the other big parade in Toronto besides Pride? Why Caribana! Schvartzes by the thousands...and skimpy dress, while being Black! To paraphrase: There's a difference between hiding and not flaunting and making a huge show of it. Riding down the street in floats wearing skimpy outfits making a huge deal of your colour does what exactly? Why be proud to be Black? You should take pride in your accomplishments and achievements not something that you have no control over.

Like, need I go on? Every culture needs a party.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why be proud to be Black? You should take pride in your accomplishments and achievements not something that you have no control over.

Why not?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Let me see if I understand - you are comparing people working to be given nothing more than the same civio rights as everybody else with owning a porcupine? I once asked friends of mine, a lesbian couple, what the gay agenda was. Their response was that it was to have the same ability as the straight couple next door to file a joint tax return. That's your big, nasty, in-your-face gay agenda - filing a bloody joint tax return.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Dhimmie

Tourettes syndrome is actually genetic as it is passed a long in families. 90% of the time they do not cuss, they just have facial or other body tics.

Why can't Tourette syndrome suffers be given the same equality...

They should have the exact same equality as everyone else.

Which is more 'normal'.... Using bad words innocently due to a mental illness or having full blown sexual intercourse with members of the same sex?

Both are biologically normal possibilities

Tourette's was once considered a rare and bizarre syndrome, most often associated with the exclamation of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks (coprolalia), but this symptom is present in only a small minority of people with Tourette's. Tourette's is no longer considered a rare condition, but it is not always correctly identified because most cases are mild and the severity of tics decreases for most children as they pass through adolescence. Between 0.4% and 3.8% of children ages 5 to 18 may have Tourette's

en.wikipedia.org...

They are both as a result of the mind to a large degree

Sexual attraction is physical, not mental.

There would be a 'Tourette syndrome' agenda too.

There is an agenda for non-discrimination for people with mental/physical handicaps.

edit on 24-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

gay gene: www.medicaldaily.com...

If you think sexual attraction is ONLY physical.... You are obviously a man lol, many would disagree with you.

And you didn't answer my question either, that is because your defensive answers are falling apart

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Not specifically Gay Pride parades, although they are part of it. I'm more talking about acting like a stereotypical flamboyant homosexual in public drawing attention to themselves and flaunting their sexual orientation.

Not all gays are flamboyant. Some straights are loud and obnoxious in public, are we against all heterosexuals now? Plenty of straights flaunt their sexual orientation, but you don't have a problem with that?

You just don't like gays, period. Either you are ignorant of the fact that there are as many different personalities in gay people as straight people, or you are just a bigot who chooses to ignore that fact.

I know not all gays are flamboyant, I'm obviously not talking about the ones that aren't. There are loud obnoxious people of all races and sexual orientations, but you can't call out a gay person for being loud and obnoxious without being labeled homophobic or a bigot, as you showed yourself. Saying that's just who they are or that's their personality doesn't make them any less annoying.

Hey, you brought it up as a gay thing. It's obviously NOT a gay thing - it's a personality thing. Just admit that at least. It shouldn't have even been brought up in this thread, as it's not a gay thing, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by King_John

Oh they certainly did throw parades and parties. Just because those times were more conservative and gay people in skimpy clothes offends your eyes doesn't change anything. No one complains when there are parades with bikini clad girls and straight people in the crowds are kissing. You really need to open your mind up.

Gay rights activist also do protests and fight serious battles. Just because there is the occasional gay parade doesn't mean anything. You have to think of it more as a tradition that started when it was REALLY dangerous for people to be openly gay, and will continue until they have equal rights. It really is because of the difference in equality that the gay community has those types of celebrations. They still have reason to.

Really? What kind of parties did the suffrage or black equality movement have that are comparable to Gay Pride parades. Nobody complains because those parades aren't thrown for the sole purpose of promoting a heterosexual lifestyle.

I know gay activist protest and fight serious battles, and I heavily support the ones that do, I just see the whole "Gay Pride" movement and as a hindrance and counterproductive to the achievement of equal rights for gays.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not specifically Gay Pride parades, although they are part of it. I'm more talking about acting like a stereotypical flamboyant homosexual in public drawing attention to themselves and flaunting their sexual orientation.

Not all gays are flamboyant. Some straights are loud and obnoxious in public, are we against all heterosexuals now? Plenty of straights flaunt their sexual orientation, but you don't have a problem with that?

You just don't like gays, period. Either you are ignorant of the fact that there are as many different personalities in gay people as straight people, or you are just a bigot who chooses to ignore that fact.

I know not all gays are flamboyant, I'm obviously not talking about the ones that aren't. There are loud obnoxious people of all races and sexual orientations, but you can't call out a gay person for being loud and obnoxious without being labeled homophobic or a bigot, as you showed yourself. Saying that's just who they are or that's their personality doesn't make them any less annoying.

Hey, you brought it up as a gay thing. It's obviously NOT a gay thing - it's a personality thing. Just admit that at least. It shouldn't have even been brought up in this thread, as it's not a gay thing, right?

It's definitely a personality and attitude/mentality thing more than a gay thing in itself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What kind of parties did the suffrage or black equality movement have that are comparable to Gay Pride parades.
I submit...Caribana!
A cultural celebration by a recently oppressed minority that couldn't share an American water fountain in 1965. And now they're all skimpy and flamboyant. God Bless.
edit on 24-7-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: spelling, eh?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
To me the real "gay agenda" is equal rights in life and living.

I say...live and let live; and mind your own business.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It's definitely a personality and attitude/mentality thing more than a gay thing in itself.

We don't have to like all personalities to be in favor of their right to equality.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Oh look, more people being judged by the actions of a tiny sliver of their population.

I guess some never learn.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
First of all... have you yourself ever hit a porcupine? Its like hitting a four legged spike strip with a bad attitude! And yes, I am sure that if an eighteen wheeler loaded with flammable liquids traveling at 70 miles an hour hit one and blew out a few tires before sailing into an old folks home next door to a Wal-Mart the day before Christmas, it just might make a few headlines. The impending explosion, death, dismemberment, and subsequent freefall of shopping carts would be cause for worry.
However, the current trend of more 'politically correct' views towards the gay community will eventually die down. Consider the fact that this one segment of the population has in recent decades been not only in the closet but hiding behind for their very lives. A man who was in truth gay years ago had to keep this to himself and pretend a marriage and normal life...or else loose his job, his home, and all he worked for. His parents would disown him, his friends shun him. His church where he really actually practiced the teachings of being kind and loving, and not just act like a pretentious prick would drum him out of town. The same for a woman who was gay- worse, she would be the victim of rape then left for dead behind some alley.
Some very good friends of mine are gay, even though I am not. They are hard working, honest, educated, cultured, and admirable. They respect my rather mundane habit of enjoying the opposite sex, and I respect their lifestyle, and we are happy for each other's happiness. Why can't that be the status quo in a day and age where we should all be far more grown up?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

What kind of parties did the suffrage or black equality movement have that are comparable to Gay Pride parades.
I submit...Caribana!
A cultural celebration by a recently oppressed minority that couldn't share an American water fountain in 1965. And now they're all skimpy and flamboyant. God Bless.
edit on 24-7-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: spelling, eh?

I gotta admit man....... That was goooooooooooooooooood!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It was only in the 70s and 80s that the gay on TV (television that is) in the UK was a stereotype- Mr Humphries , Larry Grayson. I and many people my age (over 40s) have seen the difference in attitude around gays over the last 30 years - for the better but it is an evolving picture -and kids are or comfortable with this than the elders (this is always the case with such social/ attitudinal changes).

The gay pride seems to have helped push the Gay Agenda down people's throats to question their own attitude and has been helpful here [this has been, what I believe the Gay Agenda - to get people to think about their view of homosexuals and not just lazily unconsciously pick up what they have seen on TV or been told by their parents or discussed in a pub]. At at some point this will become so embedded/equal that there will be a kick back to say -"If you can have gay pride, we can have heterosexual pride" - which then starts the segregation that the pride was trying to bring together.

By the way I am heterosexual - so can only speak from this viewpoint

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

Op doesnt say it should be hidden. But it shouldnt be shoved down our throats constantly either. im against gay marriage but people think i hate gays for this. im infact against all marriage....

It isn't being shoved down our throats though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

It wouldn't be fair to have a straight pride day. When were straights being killed for being discriminated and prosecuted for being attracted to the opposite sex? Never.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well written, that was great..
Made me laugh.
I never really thought about it before, but i see your point.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I do not see this shoved down my throat but of course I do not have any type of cable TV just Netflix and such. Get rid of the TV dude!

If I were gay and I wanted to marry then I should be able to. Freedom means you have to take the good with the bad, just as I may not like what the KKK has to say I must support their right to say it. There is no excuse to deny your fellow countrymen the freedom to do what you take for granted. I could care less if you are offended!

edit on 24-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by templar knight

It wouldn't be fair to have a straight pride day. When were straights being killed for being discriminated and prosecuted for being attracted to the opposite sex? Never.

There have been numerous occasions where straight people were killed for there 'illicit' liaisons. Slave men and female sex slaves in Rome for example. They were straight and they were killed for having sex with each other

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join