It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think homosexuality is despicable. It is a grotesque opposite of being natural.
edit on 24-7-2012 by KibbleChild because: (no reason given)
Sorry to the "politically correct" police.
edit on 24-7-2012 by KibbleChild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dhimmie

Tourettes syndrome is actually genetic as it is passed a long in families. 90% of the time they do not cuss, they just have facial or other body tics.

Why can't Tourette syndrome suffers be given the same equality...

They should have the exact same equality as everyone else.

Which is more 'normal'.... Using bad words innocently due to a mental illness or having full blown sexual intercourse with members of the same sex?

Both are biologically normal possibilities

Tourette's was once considered a rare and bizarre syndrome, most often associated with the exclamation of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks (coprolalia), but this symptom is present in only a small minority of people with Tourette's. Tourette's is no longer considered a rare condition, but it is not always correctly identified because most cases are mild and the severity of tics decreases for most children as they pass through adolescence. Between 0.4% and 3.8% of children ages 5 to 18 may have Tourette's

en.wikipedia.org...

They are both as a result of the mind to a large degree

Sexual attraction is physical, not mental.

There would be a 'Tourette syndrome' agenda too.

There is an agenda for non-discrimination for people with mental/physical handicaps.

edit on 24-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

Not specifically Gay Pride parades, although they are part of it. I'm more talking about acting like a stereotypical flamboyant homosexual in public drawing attention to themselves and flaunting their sexual orientation.

Not all gays are flamboyant. Some straights are loud and obnoxious in public, are we against all heterosexuals now? Plenty of straights flaunt their sexual orientation, but you don't have a problem with that?

You just don't like gays, period. Either you are ignorant of the fact that there are as many different personalities in gay people as straight people, or you are just a bigot who chooses to ignore that fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

Oh they certainly did throw parades and parties. Just because those times were more conservative and gay people in skimpy clothes offends your eyes doesn't change anything. No one complains when there are parades with bikini clad girls and straight people in the crowds are kissing. You really need to open your mind up.

Gay rights activist also do protests and fight serious battles. Just because there is the occasional gay parade doesn't mean anything. You have to think of it more as a tradition that started when it was REALLY dangerous for people to be openly gay, and will continue until they have equal rights. It really is because of the difference in equality that the gay community has those types of celebrations. They still have reason to.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

Nothing is wrong with that. Think what you want. As long as you don't try to hurt anyone. People are also free to think you are dense, hateful, or a bigot. Freedom of speech.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dhimmie

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

I might remind you that humans are physically designed to mate with those of the opposite sex, not the same sex. This is why males have male genitalia and females have female genitalia. So no, homosexuality is not part of nature, it's a corruption of nature that everyone is trying to pass off as natural and normal. I consider it to be a socially-accepted mental illness.

All hail the designer/creator of the human race for they know whats natural and whats not.

A socially accepted mental illness, just as bigotry is a socially accepted mental illness, well actually bigotry is more of mental illness because that is how one thinks yet being Gay to me is a physical thing so im not sure about that actually being in a persons head as much as hating what a people do in the privacy of their own homes.

A mental illness is so called because a person does things which struggle to allow them to fit into society, like Tourette syndrome for example. This is where people use violent and abusive language without being able to stop it, google it for some great vids
This mental illness is not accepted by society even though almost every rap song which ever got in the top 100 is littered with such language.
If you are gay you have sex with members of the same sex for what you consider 'natural' (or if you are smart you admit it is not natural) pleasure. Society is changing via the powers that be so the next generation will consider gayness normal.
Why can't Tourette syndrome suffers be given the same equality...... Which is more 'normal'.... Using bad words innocently due to a mental illness or having full blown sexual intercourse with members of the same sex?

They are both as a result of the mind to a large degree, one is accepted or acceptance is being forced on us and the other is not accepted......

But I tell this..... If politics and Hollywood was littered with Tourette syndrome sufferers.... There would be a 'Tourette syndrome' agenda too.

Who are the powers that be? If you wish to judge people because of their preferences or illnesses be my guest.

Do you know im a part of society and i Do accept tourette's, I accept homosexuality, Ill accept whatever you wish to throw at me, I dont make judements on other people only myself as it is only myself that I control and wish to control. By your posts it seems you like to judge anything which is foreign to you so i will leave you to it, have fun as it it seems you think videos of people with Tourette's which you yourself call a mental illness are great.

link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

you mean which nature! can you see homosexuality in mammals ? or you mean worms, but even a worm may have both female and male organ by itself. I am not insulting homosexuals but I can not see any natural !?
more over homosexuality can harm the population of societies. one of the main purpose of sex is to generate the next generation not only to enjoy it. it is somehow selfishness !

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

There's a difference between hiding and not flaunting and making a huge show of it. Riding down the street in floats wearing skimpy outfits making a huge deal of your sexual orientation does what exactly? Why be proud to be gay? You should take pride in your accomplishments and achievements not something that you have no control over.

You don't like gay pride parades because you don't like gays. Only a small segment of gays even participate in those parades. But you focus on the gay pride parades, because that's your best argument for forcing all gays back into the closet.

I've said repeatedly in here I have no problem with gays, I couldn't care less who a man or woman are attracted to and am totally against denying rights to gay people. That small segment of gays are the ones I'm talking about, not gays in general, those that find it necessary to flaunt their homosexuality out in the open and make a huge show of it are the ones that annoy me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There are annoying people in every culture. Like I said, I have gay best friends, but I also knew two gay kids in high school that were obnoxious as all hell. Those people aren't exclusive to the gay culture. There are a lot more obnoxious straight people than there are overly flambouyant gays though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OP - point well made. I think you're possibly on to something there. Unfortunately I'm not so sure it's much of a secret agenda to manipulate people, especially not to manipulate people into wanting to be gay per say. It's very similar to other groups such as the NAACP who demand that their 'type' of person be equally represented. What I find sad about it all is that, as usual, overdoing gay and lesbian exposure only goes further to give them special treatment. If it's all about equality then making special additions is not going to help. No one should be ashamed of who they are but no one should be given special treatment for those same things.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

those that find it necessary to flaunt their homosexuality out in the open and make a huge show of it are the ones that annoy me.

What about the heterosexuals that flaunt their sexuality? I don't see you nitpicking at them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
as a gay man myself, these sorts of post really confuse me, I don't have an agenda, i get up go to work and then socialize with friends, straight, bi and gay. I am highly political, but 'gay issues' would never sway my vote or opinion.

What people don't realize is that gay pride festivals are primarily fund raising for gay health charities, events that promote unity with the larger community, in a fun way, Birmingham Pride is the perfect example, a party atmosphere promoting the good work of charities while providing a place for like minded people to party and have fun.

The political side of this is all about equality, too much is put on gay marriage, when the main issue of marriage is the benefits that come with it, legal issues such as next of kin and the right of a partner to assume the property in the event of the others death, and life insurance issues, all married couples enjoy a tax break, taking into account both wages. This is why gay marriage has become such an issue, something the church needs to realize before spouting off sanctity of marriage rubbish.

this so called 'gay agenda' is coming from straight politicians looking to win votes, plain and simple, most gay people i know find it offensive we are covered by special laws that give us equality, when i'm totally shocked to find out i'm not classed as equal in the first place.

so before you spout off about gay issues just look at who's saying it, we dont want to be told we are equal, we should already be equal.

rant over lol

I thought there was this thing called a civil union? It gives the same legal rights as a married couple I believe.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

I think heterosexuality is despicable. K? Good.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Not specifically Gay Pride parades, although they are part of it. I'm more talking about acting like a stereotypical flamboyant homosexual in public drawing attention to themselves and flaunting their sexual orientation.

Not all gays are flamboyant. Some straights are loud and obnoxious in public, are we against all heterosexuals now? Plenty of straights flaunt their sexual orientation, but you don't have a problem with that?

You just don't like gays, period. Either you are ignorant of the fact that there are as many different personalities in gay people as straight people, or you are just a bigot who chooses to ignore that fact.

I know not all gays are flamboyant, I'm obviously not talking about the ones that aren't. There are loud obnoxious people of all races and sexual orientations, but you can't call out a gay person for being loud and obnoxious without being labeled homophobic or a bigot, as you showed yourself. Saying that's just who they are or that's their personality doesn't make them any less annoying.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Why do you feel the need to say that unfounded statement? Are you certain there are more obnoxious heterosexuals than there are flamboyant homosexuals? That seems like a way of trying to deter attention from yourself. By the way, the whole "some of my best friends are gay" line is essentially seen as synonymous with "I'm a bigot but I don't want the attention from it, so I'll pretend I'm not." Be careful with that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CdDalton

By the way, the whole "some of my best friends are gay" line is essentially seen as synonymous with "I'm a bigot but I don't want the attention from it, so I'll pretend I'm not." Be careful with that.

Oh really, and what university did you get your degree from?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One of the issues I see here is that when someone wishes to apply some critical thinking to whether the gay agenda is really happening, the leftist liberals hear 'We hate all gays'
. When your debater won't ever hear your critical thinking, it's a row and not a debate.

These are the same people who, when I say 'The prophet mohammed, according to the islamic teachings, had sex with a 9 year old', respond by calling me an islamaphobic racist..... For pointing out that it is documented and accepted by experts.

What a joke this place is sometimes, as bad a politicians if somebody wants to apply critical thinking to your own warped opinion!!

Being gay isn't a terrible thing, but it isn't normal and teaching children that sex with your own sex is normal is not good schooling, don't teach them it is bad, just that it isn't normal.

As for all these people who getting angry when gay stereotypes are bought up, go and hang out with gays guys in a group, they do act like that once they get together, just as the English complain sarcastically, black people in the UK and America scream-laugh loudly, just as Chinese men talk quietly, lot's of american men hi-5 a lot or shout 'wooo' and 'fcuk yeah'......... It is OBVIOUS from the context we are talking generally yet the leftards ALWAYS say 'hey you can't say that, it's not all'...... Of course it isn't, but I assumed I was speaking with someone smart enough to understand simply context.

I don't see any hate for gays here as such, but I see A LOT of hate for critical thinking..... Which some might say isn't very intelligent.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

those that find it necessary to flaunt their homosexuality out in the open and make a huge show of it are the ones that annoy me.

What about the heterosexuals that flaunt their sexuality? I don't see you nitpicking at them.

Because that's not what the topic is about, if the topic was about heterosexual agenda and the overexposure of heterosexual culture in the mainstream I would give my opinion on that then, but it's not.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

University of Common Sense; I said it is seen as synonymous. What is your point?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dhimmie

What's this "gay agenda" supposed to achieve?

I don't hear a "straight agenda" going on, but that's probably because it's nationally endorsed. Yay, sex for everybody!!!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join