It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

I might remind you that humans are physically designed to mate with those of the opposite sex, not the same sex. This is why males have male genitalia and females have female genitalia. So no, homosexuality is not part of nature, it's a corruption of nature that everyone is trying to pass off as natural and normal. I consider it to be a socially-accepted mental illness.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Novalis

They already are everywhere. Your name sounds like a diabetes drug. Actually there was a diabetes video game (is there a mainstream gay video game?) called "Captain Novolin."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Wrong. Homosexuality is EVERYWHERE in nature. Some creatures even adapt themselves because of homosexual activity. It becomes natural when animals have sex for pleasure, which humans do, and when animals connect to each other via personalities. Very few have those traits/abilities, but we do.

So, wrongo.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I'm not going to accuse you of anything. However, I have been raised by homosexuals, dated homosexuals, hung with them, slept with them, and done everything but take up a fork and eat one of them. And you know, they're not really "them". With all the experience I've had, I can tell you for a fact that every homosexual you've ever disliked because of their "flamer" ways is a person who has taken all of the stigma of homosexuality, both negative and positive, and turned it on "high" because the religious and political communities have made them feel they have a point to prove. Similar to someone who is exceptionally short. And nearly all of the gay people I know eat, poop, sleep, walk, and wipe their butts the same way everyone else does. They make their money, they buy their beer, they sit and watch football or Glee like everyone else. And you know what? They love like everyone else too, they just don't show it precisely the same way. And what happens in that bedroom (as I'm sure you'd agree if you were ever recorded and posted online - there was a gay kid who committed suicide because of that) is no one's business but your own.

The stuff you're complaining about is called "equality". And it's also called being accurate, instead of showing what people want to see. Think of it this way: what if our culture had, up unto this point, treated heterosexuals like the plague, but suddenly they're all over the media? You would think, "About damn time."

You're looking at it wrong. You're used to seeing discrimination, and now you're seeing equality. It's good that you're confused instead of outright opposed. It means that you'll hopefully accept the rise of equal sexuality, and the art of loving someone for who they are instead of hating them for how they're different.

And remember: most discrimination of homosexuals comes from the Bible. This is the Church backing down. I'm not saying hate religion, I'm just saying that this is a huge step in loosening the grasp of oppression. What more could we ask?

edit on 24-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
I said I have no problem with gay people, it's only when they flaunt it in public and have the "Gay Pride" attitude does it bother me.

Another "I have gay friends, but . . . "?

What do you mean by flaunt it?

I know I don't like heteros playing "tonsil hockey" in public.

But I love to see people in love. I love to see people walk hand-in-hand - - being close to each other - - a peck on the cheek - - looking into each other's eyes - etc. Gay or Straight.

If that bothers you - - then I would say you do have a gay problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I might remind you that humans are physically designed to mate with those of the opposite sex, not the same sex. This is why males have male genitalia and females have female genitalia. So no, homosexuality is not part of nature, it's a corruption of nature that everyone is trying to pass off as natural and normal. I consider it to be a socially-accepted mental illness.

A penis can go into a vagina, therefore homosexuality is not a part of nature. That is illogical. An adult having sex with another adult is not a mental illness, another logical fallacy.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Please educate yourself, dude :

Novalis (German pronunciation: [noˈvaːlɪs]) was the pseudonym of Georg Philipp Friedrich Freiherr von Hardenberg (May 2, 1772 – March 25, 1801), an author and philosopher of early German Romanticism.

Linky : Novalis

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

I might remind you that humans are physically designed to mate with those of the opposite sex, not the same sex. This is why males have male genitalia and females have female genitalia.

They're also supposed to be right handed.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i 100% believe people should be able to choose what kind of lifestyle they want to have. however, like you, i don't think it's right to shove it down my throat either.

i might also add that the statement works both ways.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by King_John

And you have been told that they have these parades and pride events because there are teens out there killing themselves because they feel alone and unaccepted. So when gay people are accepted (for real accepted) and there isn't a huge problem and inequality in the country, then those things will likely taper off.

I could understand programs to help gay teens feel comfortable with who they are or other kinds of support systems and groups. I just don't see how running in the street flaunting your sexual orientation is helping anybody.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why not left handed?

See, technically speaking, left handed people use the right half of their brain more, and right handed people use the left half of their brain more. Therefore, left handed people are the only ones in their right minds.

Y'know what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Granted you have a slight case,
(if you were truthful) but
here is the definition of you not liking porcupines.

Homophobia.
Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, irrational fear, and hatred.[1][2][3][4] In a 1998 address, author, activist, and civil rights leader Coretta Scott King stated that "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."[5]

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
i 100% believe people should be able to choose what kind of lifestyle they want to have. however, like you, i don't think it's right to shove it down my throat either.

i might also add that the statement works both ways.

Sexual orientation is a birth right.

Lifestyle is what and how you decide to live your life. Such as: TV commentator - - politician - - teacher.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Exactly. Even if there was a legitimate case in which this analogy were the exact truth, it's still discriminatory. No one locks out marital benefits based on the pets you have, and no one writes "FAG" or "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" on the houses of people who have porcupines.

OP has dealt an unfair image of an unfair issue. How insightful.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If being gay is really natural and normal....... How many posters here are 'normal'.... I must be abnormal as I only find women sexually attractive.

If it is about equality as it is sold as, where is 'straight pride', where are the groups for straight people only that are accepted by society????

If I tried to hold a straight pride march, it wouldn't get a permit.

Society sometimes changes because the powers that be decide to make a group more accepted, this is a dangerous practice and is also being used with Koranic rules too.

Interestingly...................... : www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Annee

Why not left handed?

See, technically speaking, left handed people use the right half of their brain more, and right handed people use the left half of their brain more. Therefore, left handed people are the only ones in their right minds.

Y'know what I'm saying?

We are ALL mutated versions of the original "mixed soup" of what makes a human.

We ALL have differences.

Red hair is supposedly a defect - - according to some.

My hubby is Left Handed - - he's always telling me I'm not in my right mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by King_John
I said I have no problem with gay people, it's only when they flaunt it in public and have the "Gay Pride" attitude does it bother me.

Another "I have gay friends, but . . . "?

What do you mean by flaunt it?

I know I don't like heteros playing "tonsil hockey" in public.

But I love to see people in love. I love to see people walk hand-in-hand - - being close to each other - - a peck on the cheek - - looking into each other's eyes - etc. Gay or Straight.

If that bothers you - - then I would say you do have a gay problem.

I'm not even talking about showing public affection, I'm talking about being openly flamboyant, loud and obnoxious in public. Why show off your sexual orientation in public?

link   
double post
edit on 24-7-2012 by King_John because: (no reason given)

link   
double post
edit on 24-7-2012 by King_John because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by trollz

Wrong. Homosexuality is EVERYWHERE in nature. Some creatures even adapt themselves because of homosexual activity. It becomes natural when animals have sex for pleasure, which humans do, and when animals connect to each other via personalities. Very few have those traits/abilities, but we do.

So, wrongo.

By your reasoning racism is a part of nature, always been in humanity so therefore we should preserve it and let everyone know it is OK to be openly racist and those who try to stop you should be ashamed of themselves for being so red-neck!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join