It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Whether increased acceptance of homosexuality has led to an upsurge in the number of positive media portrayals of gay characters or vice versa, one result seems to be that Americans now tend to overestimate the gay population in America. While most expert estimates place America's homosexual population at 10% or less, Americans tend to guess that the number is higher, around 20%.

Linky : GALLUP : What Percentage of the Population Is Gay?

...Time to slow down the agenda, maybe ?

Data from the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet (released Jan. 26, 2011) :

Total prevalence of diabetes

Total: 25.8 million children and adults in the United States

8.3% of the population have diabetes. Diagnosed: 18.8 million people Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people Prediabetes: 79 million people*
New Cases: 1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.

Linky : DIABETES.ORG : U.S. Stats

We need a Diabetes-Buddy in every american show, sitcom & soap', ASAP !!!

edit on 24-7-2012 by Novalis because: ATS messy neandertal-styled ways of formating (I'm Neandertal, btw)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
The "gay agenda" is turning into the very thing it hates and I absolutely love it.

How's this for a meme:
Complains about discrimination
[picture of gay dude]
discriminates against people who don't agree.

Just look at the chic-fil-a thing. The owner expresses his beliefs and people start boycotting. If he came out pro-gay and people boycotted then it's some travesty and they are all labeled homophobes and ignorant. The whole gay agenda is typically like every other "us" vs "them" argument.

Again, another instance of False Equivocation.
They are not the same thing. This is like saying to be anti-Nazi one is really discriminating against Germans. (apologies for the nazi reference, but needed an extreme example to contrast).

And you are right, it is an 'us vs them' argument, you are either for equal rights for all citizens or you are for second class citizens. It is that simple.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

being black and being gay aren't the same.
I don't know anyone who decided to be black at 25 years old.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is a point that is related.

How about the very generalized psychotic Christian Agenda.. After all, if an occasional lispy "look at me, I wanna have sexy time with all the men!" is the Gay Agenda, then surly the link I gave is the Christian Agenda.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

First, being straight as opposed to homosexual is NOT knuckle dragging. There are legitamite reasons to oppose homosexuality in and of itself when faced with it becoming a societal standard. Before the fall of any and every society that declines in and of itself is when birth rates fall lower than replacement rate, which is what happens in a homosexual society.

can you give any real example of how homesexuality caused the downfall of any society? there has been homosexuality since the dawn of time and man is doing just fine.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

I know that's an extreme example and the character portrayed is meant to be satire, but it's not far off from what some gay guys act like in public.

You wouldn't recognize most gay guys in public - - because you are fixated on the stereotype.

Only a small percentage are flamboyant.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

like.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

ah nice jab there.
First time I've been made into a meme.

I knew I made a mistake by posting in a "gay" thread.
oh well

link   

You just made me giggle like a school girl.. pretty creepy considering Im a 33 year old man.
Kudos.

link   

I don't know anyone who decided to be gay at 25 years old either. He may have decided to act on his gay feelings at 25

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Your mistake was your content. Every point you have tried to make has been discredited and or outright proved wrong earlier in the thread.

The dangers of coming to the party late is all the good booze is gone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Novalis

Eh. I would say the population is higher, but the number of people in the closet keeps it down. I mean I live in a relativel small tri city area with around 100,000 people probably and we have two gay bars (that I know of and have visited) and they are always packed and though there is obviously a lot of other hetero's there when I go, it is obvious there is a huge underground gay community.

Also.. does that poll take bisexual, and transgender people into account as well?

All things considered, we can assume it's a bit higher than their estimates, and even at ten percent that is 30,000,000 people. Again though, there is a larger percent unaccounted for. Everyone knows someone that's gay.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Hey Mr Failed Prophet, I'm not here to pour vitriol on you. I don't much agree with your analogy though. Speaking as a gay man I don't have an agenda. I just refuse to live my life any different from a heterosexual person. So, for example, where a heterosexual man is asked by a work colleague, 'What did you do at the weekend?' and says, 'Oh me and the wife/girfriend went for a day out' or whatever, I'm going to say, 'Me and the husband went for a day out'. The only agenda that creates is the agenda of someone who thinks that's me 'flaunting my sexual orientation in their face' or pushing my gay rights agenda or something. Well, tough, some people are gay, get over it. As far as I know, porcupine owners have never been attacked for their porcupine ownership, condemned by religions they don't subscribe to, denied visitation rights to their porcupine owning partners in hospital, denied inheritance rights, had their children removed, been jailed, been told they can't marry their porcupine owning partners, jailed or put to death. If they had been, then I would expect them to have their own agenda, in fact I'd support their campaign for porcupine owners' equality.....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have met a few white guys who act like it

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

you would need to imagine that having the odd pet was a crime and widely used as a reason for discrimination or worse to understand why it is important to normalize the idea of having an odd pet

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well, let's have Diabetes-Dudes everywhere !

edit on 24-7-2012 by Novalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by King_John

I know that's an extreme example and the character portrayed is meant to be satire, but it's not far off from what some gay guys act like in public.

You wouldn't recognize most gay guys in public - - because you are fixated on the stereotype.

Only a small percentage are flamboyant.

That was my point, apart from maybe being with their significant other, you shouldn't be able to tell somebody's sexual orientation in public. I said I have no problem with gay people, it's only when they flaunt it in public and have the "Gay Pride" attitude does it bother me. Like I posted earlier if gay people want to be treated like everybody else and not discriminated against, they shouldn't go out of their way to publicize how different and special they are for being gay.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

From John Galt's Speech in "Atlas Shrugged" --->

Man has been called a rational being, but rationality is a matter of choice—and the alternative his nature offers him is: rational being or suicidal animal, Man has to be man—by choice; he has to hold his life as a value—by choice; he has to learn to sustain it—by choice; he has to discover the values it requires and practice his virtues—by choice.

A code of values accepted by choice is a code of morality.

Whoever you are, you who are hearing me now, I am speaking to whatever living remnant is left uncorrupted within you, to the remnant of the human, to your mind, and I say: There is a morality of reason, a morality proper to man, and Man's Life is its standard of value.

All that which is proper to the life of a rational being is the good; all that which destroys it is the evil.

Man's life, as required by his nature, is not the life of a mindless brute, of a looting thug or a mooching mystic, but the life of a thinking being—not life by means of force or fraud, but life by means of achievement—not survival at any price, since there's only one price that pays for man's survival: reason.

Man's life is the standard of morality, but your own life is its purpose. If existence on earth is your goal, you must choose your actions and values by the standard of that which is proper to man—for the purpose of preserving, fulfilling and enjoying the irreplaceable value which is your life.

Since life requires a specific course of action, any other course will destroy it- A being who does not hold his own life as the motive and goal of his actions, is acting on the motive and standard of death. Such a being is a metaphysical monstrosity, struggling to oppose, negate and contradict the fact of his own existence, running blindly amuck on a trail of destruction, capable of nothing but pain.

Happiness is the successful state of life, pain is an agent of death.

Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values. A morality that dares to tell you to find happiness in the renunciation of your happiness—to value the failure of your values—is an insolent negation of morality. A doctrine that gives you, as an ideal, the role of a sacrificial animal seeking slaughter on the altars of others, is giving you death as your standard. By the grace of reality and the nature of life, man—every man—is an end in himself, he exists for his own sake, and the achievement of his own happiness is his highest moral purpose.

But neither life nor happiness can be achieved by the pursuit of irrational whims. Just as man is free to attempt to survive in any random manner, but will perish unless he lives as his nature requires, so he is free to seek his happiness in any mindless fraud, but the torture of frustration is all he will find, unless he seeks the happiness proper to man. The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.

Whether homosexuality is a matter of choice or a defect of DNA; unless a heterosexual encounter is made by a homosexual, whatever unique genetic memory is held by that homosexual ends with that individual. Life ends and that unique genetic memory dies.

For those that believe in the Illuminati and their plans for massive depopulation of the earth, certainly the promotion of the homosexuality agenda makes sense also.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Wait.. you think people decide to be gay still? Come on man.
People don't decide to change their sexuality. The feelings have always been there.

If you know someone that "decided to be gay at 25" they were always gay or bisexual, they just decided to come out at 25. I know 2 people that didn't come out until they were in their 20's. One of them had girlfriends when he was younger even. You have to know this and take it to heart in order to learn and progress as a person: we are who we are, always.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

And you have been told that they have these parades and pride events because there are teens out there killing themselves because they feel alone and unaccepted. So when gay people are accepted (for real accepted) and there isn't a huge problem and inequality in the country, then those things will likely taper off.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join