It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

I have no problem with gay people...but this argument is one that really annoys me.

The "it's part of nature" argument to somehow show that it is acceptable is just so illogical it drives me nuts. Murder, Rape, and Cannibalism are also "part of nature"...but that does not mean that we should accept it as a society.

There are better and more reasonable "arguments" for homosexuality...like it is two consenting adults and they can do whatever they want...but the "nature" argument really drives me nuts.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Intolerant Bigot.

Sounds like the fallacy of false equivocation to me. Calling someone out for having out dated ideas that indicate they are ignorant and bigoted, does not make the accuser in turn-ignorant an bigoted.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

When people claim that it's not natural or it's against nature, it's the reasonable response. But I know what you mean.
Animals eat their young, too. Doesn't mean it's a good thing.

What is important is that we are all (gay and straight) citizens of this nation, and as such, are entitled to certain rights.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Something tells me he didn't get much out of that "plato" he "read."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

reply to post by seabhac-rua

Thank God people like you don't reproduce. Most likely be another one of those failed fathers.

-Good example, Our Grandparents. Great men and women right? Fought hard in WW1 and WW2. Man and woman household where the man is the bread winner. What ever happend to those days.

And you can f**k right off.

I've two kids of my own you twat.

People like you are a waste of everybody else's time and energy.

I do my best to make sure my kids don't turn out like you you little bigot.

edit on 24-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

I admire your passion.
I hope you don't desire to ever have grandchildren. You're kids will probably be gay considering how open you are to the concept. No name to pass down to generations. But, your probably some big headed white folk that thinks you know all but has no knowledge of your family heritage, so that doesn't mean much to you.

Lets say his kids do grow up to be gay, why cant they reproduce?

Does Gay now mean infertile?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The Nature argument simply indicates that it occurs outside of human morality and shows that only we make it something more than it needs to be. Similarly: Humans are the only animal really that will drown while not attempting to swim.

With a few exceptions-animals don't kill for pleasure, so murder is a bit of a stretch. Normally they have survival reasons when they kill. Likewise, Cannibalism is simply eating to them. Rape in nature... I can only think of the platypus where rape is concerned. If the males don't basically scare and torture the females-they don't become fertile. You guys think dolphins are weird, read up on that chimaera.

But again, there is no agenda. All the arguments boil down to this: "Stop caring and leave me alone". Case in point, almost daily there is an 'evil gays' thread on this site, I never see a gay person posting something trying to change someones mind by creation of a thread-I am sure it happens, but comparatively-it is rare, and I am willing to be its because the OP of them was tired of all the threads that are negative.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No doubt that private choices in your life that do not harm others shouldn't be discriminated against.

It's just a pet peeve of mine to use the "nature" argument. We, as humans are part of "nature"...anything we do is part of "nature"...there is no reason to look to different species to justify a behavior.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't think "the nature argument" is actually an argument. They are simply pointing out it occurs in nature, It's a detail of the consenting adult argument.

The natural argument isn't for arguing the political or legal argument, but an argument against the relligious attacks on homosexuality. So in that sense it is worth bringing up.
edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I married a man. To me, it didn't matter so much what gender he was. I fell in love with him. If he had been a woman, I would probably still be with him

If he had been a women?

All my relationships have been with men, I love men, and I love them because of their male body parts, and their mind, and their gender, I have girlfriends that I love dearly, but have no desire to have sex with them, lol, ewwww,
lol

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I think I will tell my husband when he comes home I would have loved him even if he had been a women,
Just to get a reaction out of him,
He would make one ugly women, OMG

I will tell you what he says.

edit on 113131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It doesn't make sense how people say "being gay isn't natural" and then the person points out that it is, and then they say "what about cannibalism and rape"?

There is a difference between "natural" and "moral". If you are going to say "being gay isn't natural" then when you are proven wrong, it is dishonest to just jump to a moral argument and say "well what about cannibalism and rape?" because the false statement was about naturalness not morality.

By the way, I am aware that this did not happen in this circumstance. I'm just pointing out the fact that this does happen.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I married a man. To me, it didn't matter so much what gender he was. I fell in love with him. If he had been a woman, I would probably still be with him

If he had been a women?

All my relationships have been with men, I love men, and I love them because of their male body parts, and their mind, and their gender, I have girlfriends that I love dearly, but have no desire to have sex with them, lol, ewwww,
lol

So, if the person who you have a connection with, love, and care about, happen to be a woman, all of a sudden, it would be "eww" just because he now has different genitals...
edit on 24-7-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Infertile as in what?
Adoption is always an option and your family name goes on.
Win Win right.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Infertile as in what?
Win Win right.

Its a simple question does being gay mean you cannot produce children naturally? Yes or No

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by FailedProphet

Great post, OP. I have been silent on the subject because I was coming to terms with it for a number of years. I was not taught anything about it at all, so the discovery of its existence guaranteed I would have to go through the various stages of self-discovery before I could come to acceptance.

In terms of the greater agenda though, I agree. I'm of the 'live and let live' mindset, but I have noticed a shift too. For instance, how would Americans feel if instead of watching a 4th of July parade they were treated to a gay pride parade instead? Well this happened in Toronto on July 1st, pushing the boundaries even more until one set of values totally overrides another. I do not admire parades of sexual display on any day, and on a day when patriotism usually finds its expression, I find it a little strange no matter what side of the sexual fence people find themselves on. That's just me. I have always valued modesty and a certain amount of self-restraint.

Were you FORCED to watch the gay pride parade? Was a 4th of July parade not allowed by law?

Absolutely not. However I think you missed the point I was trying to make. It was a day when I wanted to take the little ones to a patriotic parade had there been one, as it was the day assigned for our country's independence.
edit on 24-7-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Infertile as in what?
Win Win right.

Its a simple question does being gay mean you cannot produce children naturally? Yes or No

Never heard of two men having a baby...
Nor two women having a baby...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If it isn't to try to get more people to accept homosexuality as normal then what is it for?

See my above post.
The reason those things exist is because.. well a lot of people have gay friends and homosexuality is and has always been normal and existed. Now that being outwardly homosexual is becoming normal then it becomes normal to see on t.v. and etc.

You don't see straight parades because straight people can get married and aren't beat to death and harrassed for being straight. Teens aren't killing themselves for being straight. When people like you get over your small mindedness and people get over the fact that there are a lot of gay people out there then the parades will go. When teens aren't harrassed to suicide the parades won't be neccessary. And when gay people can get married and it's the norm the parades, you have some weird dislike for, will go.

I have gay friends.. it's normal. If you don't then there is a reason for that.. it's not because they are rare it's because of you and possibly some problems you might have.

If gay people want to be treated normal, then maybe they should just act normal and not flaunt their sexuality in the air. I have no problem with gay people but I don't like flamboyantly gay people who shove their sexuality down your throat then get upset if you have a problem with it.

What good does having a parade do but bring further attention to people's differences? I understand a "Gay Agenda" in terms of getting equal rights, but the term "Gay Pride" makes no sense to me, why be proud of your sexual orientation, whether it be straight, gay ,or bi?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

The flaw with:

If gay people want to be treated normal, then maybe they should just act normal and not flaunt their sexuality in the air.

In todays world, flaunting sexuality IS normal. Look at the clothing they even sell for small girls.
Or, is your objection that you only want to see women, ever, and men are just icky?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I am unsure the relevance of child birth.
Many straight couples cannot have children, does this make them abominations and should have laws against them?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by FailedProphet

Great post, OP. I have been silent on the subject because I was coming to terms with it for a number of years. I was not taught anything about it at all, so the discovery of its existence guaranteed I would have to go through the various stages of self-discovery before I could come to acceptance.

In terms of the greater agenda though, I agree. I'm of the 'live and let live' mindset, but I have noticed a shift too. For instance, how would Americans feel if instead of watching a 4th of July parade they were treated to a gay pride parade instead? Well this happened in Toronto on July 1st, pushing the boundaries even more until one set of values totally overrides another. I do not admire parades of sexual display on any day, and on a day when patriotism usually finds its expression, I find it a little strange no matter what side of the sexual fence people find themselves on. That's just me. I have always valued modesty and a certain amount of self-restraint.

Were you FORCED to watch the gay pride parade? Was a 4th of July parade not allowed by law?

Absolutely not. However I think you missed the point I was trying to make. It was a day when I wanted to take the little ones to a patriotic parade had there been one, as it was the day assigned for our country's independence.
edit on 24-7-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

Well, then, blame the people who didn't have a patriotic parade - don't blame gays. Maybe your area is just not very patriotic.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join