It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Is there one person left sane in this world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I love my family. I do. But, there is so much one can take, to even put up with it. Ugh. I really want to say how I feel. But, I, just can't do it.

Bangs head. Much easier.

I just want to know why?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is your rant say what's on your mind, I too am getting fed up with everything

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Welcome to life. To live is to struggle through the hard times without it life it is nothing but an illusion.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Life is mostly an illusion anyways.
I get in the same position. I love my family and all, but sometimes its just... ugn... Then again, most of them have been driving me insane since my mid-teens =P, especially my little brother.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Dude, I use to live a quiet life.

I want it back.

Until, I let my sister move in.

Now it's like upside down trying to get it back.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

whats wrong? what happend?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Her everyday problems. As usual. That I have no answers for. I have no answers for her, I have no answers for her kid. But, I do try my best to have them see the lighter things in life.

neither one of them seem to care or acknowledge.

She is driving me nuts.

Can I exchange roommates?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Darn... She is still giving you grief?

I'm sorry to hear that. Truly. I recall some of what you said about her and it must be hard.

If you'd like to use this
please feel free...

About all else I can do is send you a hug.

Mike

edit on 24/7/12 by JustMike because: damn these typos!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I so want to use that little avatar.

It was much worse with both of them, and now after with just one. I so understand why my teacher kept instilling to me, that less is better. I wrote a 40 page report. he wanted 10 pages. But, I was trying to surpass the students.

Ugh, she is just driving me nuts with all her dang problems.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It sounds like she is using you as her energy source, if I can put it that way. She's draining you and you need to find ways to recharge you own emotional reserves, or at least undo the negativity.

Writing on here is one way to do that. It helps to let things out.

Oh and that little head-banger. It's stored in my image files: [ pic]mj4ffc4e69.gif[/pic]

Copy and paste the above code into notepad and delete the two blank spaces between the opening square bracket and the "p" in "pic" and it'll work. (Or you can hit "quote" on my previous post and copy and paste it direct. Then just click back on the browser so you don't actually post anything.)

Mike

edit on 24/7/12 by JustMike because: Typos

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

It sounds like she is using you as her energy source, if I can put it that way. She's draining you and you need to find ways to recharge you own emotional reserves, or at least undo the negativity.

Writing on here is own way to do that. It helps to let things out.

Oh and that little head-banger. It's stored in my image files: [ pic]mj4ffc4e69.gif[/pic]

Copy and paste the above code into notepad and delete the two blank spaces between the opening square bracket and the "p" in "pic" and it'll work. (Or you can hit "quote" on my previous post and copy and paste it direct.)

Mike
+

Yeah, I find things to recharge from work, and school.

Then she drains me. I do love her. But she she is driving me nuts with every little single problem.

Heck, I got attacked by pitbull and removed the casts myself without therapy.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There are plenty of sane people in the world.

Just not in your house.

Some people thrive on drama.

Deprive her of the venue and start to ignore her. When she asks what is wrong, just smile at her and say "You...and I'm not putting up with it anymore."

Anything more than that and you continue to be a enabler and she will continue to stagnate in her own little world where she is the center of everything.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I thought they both moved out?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm certainly not sane and I have a doctors certificate to prove it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I slept all day.

I'm over it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Sorry to hear your sister is giving you a hard time. I think she should count herself lucky that she has family willing to put up with her, and keep her off the streets, I gather literally.

Sometimes no matter what you do or say to help someone, be it friend or family it just doesn't work. But that doesn't make you stop loving them, and wanting the best for them. Unless, they do something that would be considered completely unforgivable, and you would have to ask her to leave.

Your lucky to have some outlets to let off some steam, I'm sure its trying your patience. Wish I could advise you further, but have no siblings to really help you with proper advice.

Good luck!
edit on 25-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nope...

Everybody is insane, including you!

Know why? You could be free and clear of this madness is ONE MONTHS time. You refuse to free yourself from it, that's insanity. I can't count how many of these posts from you I've read where you complain about your sister and her kid and whatever else. I'm honestly not trying to be rude, but you are bringing this on yourself, and REFUSING to fix the issue.

You've said you lived a quiet life before they moved in. I've also read posts where you said you refuse to kick them out. Well? Then quit complaining about it!

Accept the fact you are going to be stressed and miserable for the rest of your life, or do something about it. Those are your two choices, your only two choices. To get rid of someone who has established residence in your house you must go through the eviction process. In most places it usually takes one month. Say "I've had enough, I've tried to help, you two are making my life miserable. You have one month to leave" and then file eviction papers.

That's your choice. You have no responsibility to others to this extreme. Lending a helping hand to those in need, and sacrificing your own personal mental and physical health to support people who don't even appreciate it are two entirely different things. So grow a pair and kick them out. You'll have peace and quiet in 30 days time.

I honestly think you are addicted to the drama your family brings. Just like parents of drug abusing troubled youth will get addicted to the adrenaline and excitement the issues with their child brings. Usually when getting help for the kids the parents also go through therapy to break their addiction to all the drama. I think that's your problem, you are addicted to the drama so you refuse to fix the problem.

So think about the question you asked in the title of this thread, and how it applies to you. A sane person would not subject themselves to this type of thing on a continual basis if there was any chance of relief. In your case, not only is there a chance of relief, there is a quick, easy, cheap, guaranteed fix to your problem. Yet time and again, you reuse to take it. Answer me, is that sane?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I have a big house. Enough room for her to live in. I'm not going to kick her out. I see too many homeless people without family even trying to help them. Their families do not give a care for them, like they should. I do. She has it lucky with me.

It's just that, trying to get her do something, is liking pulling her hair to do it.

If anyone can write a book, it's her.

All the excuses in the world not to do something. Or, play the guilt trip it and make it work.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Same old....

If you refuse to take action and do something, then quit complaining.

People out there have real problems that aren't their own fault, it belittles their issues when people are constantly harping about issues that they could easily fix, but simply refuse to.

It's not your fault that she would be homeless, it's hers. Tell her to shape up, or get out. There is no reason why she can't act like a normal reasonable adult that isn't hell to be around. If she refuses to do that, SHE is the one making the choice to leave.

How do you expect she will ever grow up and be responsible for herself when you coddle her and refuse to set any limits? What exactly is her motivation for NOT making your life a living hell when she knows you won't do anything about it, and she won't have to face any repercussions?

When you let people walk all over you, don't complain about the foot prints.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I was wondering, do you own your house? Also, I'm glad you were able to take a nap. It's your sister and your niece, right? What happened to the niece? Maybe if your sister got a job or something to keep her busy, her mental health would improve.
edit on 27-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join