It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Than God 101 Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
"God," in no matter what religion, has been outdated.

All religions' Gods have been outdated.

The Gods of these religions never came to light in any way, shape, or form.

The truth to any one of them has expired. Time ran out for them to be considered as real! So is the holy book gig has time ran out for, too!

Here we are in 2012 and neither one ever even whispered a tiny hint of their existence.

Why's that, people?

They never existed. There is no such thing as a God. Not by the dictionary's definition to God, either.

So what I want to do in this topic is get you to search inner your very minds for me something(s)/someone(s) other than God(s) as to being responsible for what exists to this very day.

So put your "Other Than God 101" caps on, folks!

Who or who all is responsible for what exists must be what in all? Give me a description of attrabutes/characteristics/etc. Make me composites. And tell how you arrived at those details, if you can. I want to learn of what no longer falls under the outdated "God" term.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They never existed huh? Are you sure about that?

What IF GOD is something you cannot contain into an idea or a " person"? Maybe we are so limited we cannot even imagine what God is?

What IF GOD is actually all of life experiencing itself by manifesting into matter?

Maybe the Gods people refer to over the centuries is nothing but...... Everything?

IF this were the case then....

Maybe we as a whole can manifest reality when we all think of the same thing.... Like, power things into existence by coming together and manifesting such ideas....

Just thinking out loud! Lol

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

The truth to any one of them has expired. Time ran out for them to be considered as real! So is the holy book gig has time ran out for, too!

Here we are in 2012 and neither one ever even whispered a tiny hint of their existence.

Why's that, people?

They never existed. There is no such thing as a God. Not by the dictionary's definition to God, either.

So what I want to do in this topic is get you to search inner your very minds for me something(s)/someone(s) other than God(s) as to being responsible for what exists to this very day.

So put your "Other Than God 101" caps on, folks!

Who or who all is responsible for what exists must be what in all? Give me a description of attrabutes/characteristics/etc. Make me composites. And tell how you arrived at those details, if you can. I want to learn of what no longer falls under the outdated "God" term.

Proving your viewpoint is simple.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Without Him, nothing was made that has been made..." (John 1:1-2)

Therefore, to prove God does not exist... all you need to do is disprove Christ's existence... and then disprove the existence of God the Father too.

Romans says that "what may be known of God has been made known through the creation"...

so you could always start there, by proving that Creation shows more evidence of randomness than it does of design. Let me know how that all works out

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

herefore, to prove God does not exist... all you need to do is disprove Christ's existence... and then disprove the existence of God the Father too.

So what you are saying is.... if i come with a jar of pickle and tell you it has magical properties and it was the reason we exist and tell you, prove me it does not do those things and is not the cause of this universe. And its up to you to provide me with proof that the magic does not exist, sounds familiar?

The burden of proof is on the one who proposed the idea. not the people who reject it.
edit on 7/24/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I'll star and flag you for your thoughts, and your way of thinking, which is a lot like my own. But! I do sense the Villagers coming for you over this, and they have torches and pitchforks.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I assume you are making this assertion after years and years of painstaking study of comparative religion, comparative mythology, comparative myticism, esoterica, philosophy of religion?

edit on 24-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How do we fathom that which is unknowable? How do we redefine and mold that with our whims?

It would seem that in our troubled times, God is being asked to bow down and surrender. Or at least get up on the chopping block for interrogation. We have abandoned it for a much more controllable force - science. Science would have you believe that under the banner of psychology - all of human nature can be taken over, redesigned, or at least medicated into acquiescence. Somehow, mankind has gotten it into it's head that God is an observable object, that can be searched for with empirical science. But any God found in such a fashion would be finite - of space and time.

It is the mystery of mysteries that something exists beyond our capabilities to define. Beyond science's ability to define. Divinity (my favorite alternate word) conceals self from man's mind but reveals self to the heart. It can't be understood aright from merely mortal concepts.

My catholic grandmother use to tell me, since I often pestered my grandparents to answer me these sorts of questions once said. "There are other ways to live, apart from God, whatever name you gift your way with, does not change God's existence or presence. Even upon ignoring it, it is still there. God as best we can understand it, is the divine spark within us all. The soul. Through it we know right from wrong, good from bad, and when our consciousness pricks us, rest assured, that is God who speaks with you."

Oh there is "other" - but it doesn't cause that which is to cease.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There are powerful beings on higher dimensions that people can communicate with if they have an open third eye. It can not be proven though because it is of a higher dimension. Maybe future technology will be able to detect these energies.

On a more philosophical level, how is God proven not to exist? What about Pantheism or Panentheism or even Deism? Those ideas are not out-dated or proven false.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

lady luck rolls dice with all of time and space as her playing field even the long odds pay out to the fantastic here and there

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The OP is correct in the present day mindset of the highly literate of religious studies.

However, one must take note of the primitive interpretations for the Nephelim as Fallen Angels that has what appear to be valid roots in the History of Earth and the Annunaki, as presented in the Book of Enoch and the Sumerian Tablets.

The Primitive human cultures did have elements that they called god. These were Earth colonizers in many ways, and engaged in high sciences for the times, and even breeding experiments. Thus, the old term for them was Sumerian Creator gods. But in the strict sense, they were highly intelligent lifeforms not original to Earth and not gods.

So, the stories of heaven, hell, and god all grew up in the primitive minds of early humans via this old world experience that started the greater river culture cities like Ur and Eridu. Their sciences culminated with ancient Egypts great wonders of canals, pyramids, and farming.

Jesus version for god is nothing other than one of the Annunaki called Enki, who is the holder of the sciences and the genetic experiments knowledge. Jesus refer to Enki as god The Father. Since Jesus is of the bloodline handed down from these old breeding experiments he is called a son of the Father via DNA and blood liniage. Jesus is blonde and blue eyed and tall, which is the genetic traits of the men of renown. Even the trait for David.

Jesus and the Essene also call for Heaven to be upon the Earth and in the primative sense that the Fallen ones came from Heaven above, and they left their genetic heritage in the human gene pool, then heaven can exist upon the Earth via the very same genetics that referred to as god in the heavens. So, that view makes good literal sense.

A number of religions are stuck in the primative sense of this term god, and they can't let go of these old sets of words and update to modern thinking about what were fallen angels, what did their relationship with Earth facilitate, and how in the modern sense this old relationship can no longer be called god by an intelligent people.

So, one has to speak of two separate degrees of enlightenments for the humans, because in their primitive beliefs there did exist a people fallen from the skies with impressive knowledge. The foundations for human Creation are based upon this old observations and make up the story for Genesis. So, in a primitive view for god these stories are true in large part, not totally.

But in today's world, we can't intelligently call the fallen angels god.

But we can call those that refuse to study in greater details the history of religion as being ignorant and priitive in their knowledge, and akin to the low minded beast.

edit on 24-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Sruck in an old world primitive mindset, and how to get beyond arrogance and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't believe you are New Age, as your worlds are old and primitive, and thus your thoughts.

Is not the mark of the beast that of arrogance in support of ignorance.

Who are these upstarts that believe there will be no new information discovered to make the story of the Bible tales more clear than did the primitive minds that wrote the book.

The arrogance for ignorance appears to resist the very message of Revelation, that all will be told and all will become clear. And many will be left behind, being dead of the message being updated.

edit on 24-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Beast will always remain stubbon and left in the fields, just being beasts

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I read all of Sacharia Sitchen's books as a teenager if that helps..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I read all of Sacharia Sitchen's books as a teenager if that helps..

I have noticed you are fixated on one author, there is lots more to read besides one author.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I am not sure if I understand what you are asking for. The first sentence in the last paragraph has to many "who" and "what".
It seems to me to be kind of strange to ask "Who is responsible for that which exists"; if that is what you are asking, as the question of "who" implies some kind of entity greater than mankind's current abilities.

One that adheres to Objectivism would say: Existence Exists. Trying to explain how or why existence exists is a waste of productive time. It is mental masturbation of the highest order, and ultimately leads to some kind of mysticism that can never be proved true or false. So what is the point?

I realize that some people picture "God" as some white haired old man sitting on some throne in the clouds. Different religions have different portrayals. New Agers call it a universal consciousness, and many give Proper Names to spirits in the planets, suns, moons, and galaxies. Star Wars claims that there are some kind of organisms smaller than atoms within which have a collective consciousness called "The Force". Perhaps another way of saying what Jesus supposedly said; that "God is within you".

Pick your own mysticism or make one up. Certainly, if there is no God, you have nothing to lose.
But what if the Christians are right...perhaps not in how they explain it or describe it...but perhaps they are right in the "big picture". What if the Christian God is a "universal consciousness" that chose to show itself as a burning bush, or spirit within a tabernacle, talked from a "whirlwind", or as the man Jesus...something that we feeble minded people could understand?

Or

Existence Exists. End of Story

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There are powerful beings on higher dimensions that people can communicate with if they have an open third eye. It can not be proven though because it is of a higher dimension. Maybe future technology will be able to detect these energies.

I agree.

The Shining Ones appear in many myths and cultures by different names and descriptions, but always as gods or creational forces of light.

They are generally described as tall ethereal beings.
Some view them as Extra Terrestrial aliens...

source
All of these are not friendly....
The Vril Society, the Luminous Lodge and the Realization of the Great Work
Black Sun

On a more philosophical level, how is God proven not to exist? What about Pantheism or Panentheism or even Deism? Those ideas are not out-dated or proven false.

"G-D" cannot be proven, or dis-proven. there are no insiders, no whistle-blowers with inside information. No one has ever seen "G-D." and no one knows the location of "G-D." So then logically, whatever a person may think about G-D, or think G-D may be, matters not. It is simply human opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My point of view, is that some of these gods like Yahweh, Allah, Jesus are merely spirits masquerading as God.

I have it on good authority that many spirits pretend to be God.

new topics

top topics

join