It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to defend yourself? Get a taser!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Ive only ever known of one person with a gun and he was a drug dealer.

And this is something to be proud of in your opinion

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yeah true anuthing bulletproof would be near impossible to carry around :L
But a handgun wouldnt protect you if they shot first, which is more likely if theyre the one coming at you

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by zroth

its overkill.
We all know americas the greatest country in the world.....

There is only one degree of dead, there is no such thing as overkill, how does one kill harder?
America is two continents but yeah the US is where I choose to live.

reply to post by g146541

Yes why i said "so easily", i live in the uk the person your thinking of is raul moat, i cant think of any other occasions someones gone on a shooting rampage here.

But it does happen in countries where guns are "prohibited".
Once is all it takes for it to be worth it, especially if you manage to save a life in the process.
You have never been to Ireland have you?
Many fine guns there I tell you.

reply to post by g146541

Your government has you paranoid, god i didnt realise how bad it actually is over there

Actually, I have no paranoia, but my sense of vigilance was stemmed from the crown and their abuse of my ancestors.
It is actually good here, I walk through the forest carefree, I don't even fear bears!
I have an endless stream of reasons to be armed and cannot think of many to not be.
Tasers simply do not replace these wonderful tools.
Why drive a fiat when you can have a Jaguar???

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Of course not i dont like guns obviously!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thinking about it your probably more likely to randomly go crazy and kill yourself or have a freak accident and shoot yourself than you are to be in a situation where suppressive fire is justified.
Really? I started shooting and got my first rifle at 10. So, in almost 40 years of gun ownership I have yet to "go crazy" or have a freak accident. Aside from military duty, I have only needed to use one of my guns twice. Once in downtown Philadelphia and once down here in Florida. The first was vs a mugger who thought his knife was great until I pulled out my .357. The second was against 2 pit bulls and their owner; who I did not have to shoot after shooting his dogs but it was a close thing. The second time I used my 12 gauge. Both times, I was glad to be armed. I was inside when the pits started chasing my kids. After that my wife never complained again about me leaving it loaded.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Of course not i dont like guns obviously!
I hate mayonnaise, can we outlaw that too?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wasp spray in the face until the can is empty buying you enough time to make it physical.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Tasers are illegal here and guns save the government money. much cheaper tp bury a thug then to lock em up

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
?.... tazers can kill people to, but i guess ur just trying troll ats in hopes of attention, good luck buddy, and im sorry ur mom didnt love you, but please dont gunk up ats with your agenda to fill your emotional needs

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Finalized

Or it might play a part in stopping nutjobs like holmes getting hold of weapons so easily?
I dont see why people cant consider that

You seriously think someone as apparently determined as Holmes would be stopped with whatever "gun laws" you put in place? You don't plan something like this out spending the money he spent over the time he constructed this plan to just....give up because you can't get a gun as easily...People who do violent things will do them regardless of laws and gun control and whatever fantasy you think will make guns just "go away"....

The problem with the anti-gun people is they have this illusion that they can UN-invent the gun with legislation and make the world a better place....yea it will be a better place alright, a better place for criminals, they will then have a monopoly on weapons...

gun control/laws do nothing but take away/reduce innocent people's ability to protect themselves , and to say otherwise simply just means you don't understand what a criminal is or how they work...

even if you rid the world of all guns, people would simply downgrade to the next best thing like Molotov cocktails and kitchen knives, and when you see the media play your heart strings like a banjo at the next massacre committed with Molotov cocktails and kitchen knives...and convince you to outlaw kitchen knives and sharp objects, glass bottles and rags, as well as any type of fuel...you might want to reconsider your logic because eventually they will be cutting off your arms and legs so you cannot punch or kick anyone...

edit on 24-7-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

I think I'm the only one who suggested getting a taser. I've made the suggestion repeatedly. Is all this anger towards me?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The desire to harm or kill is stronger than any of the tools necessary for the job.

If it wasnt a gun he used, it would have been, oh I don't know, maybe one of the dozen or 2 explosive devices found on his premises.

Also...anyone capable of a criminal act such as this will find a way to get the tools necessary.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Can I attach this to the picatinny rail of my rifle and use it like a electro-bayonet? hmm... To the drawing board!

edit on 24-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Im a british country boy,
Ah well herein lies the problem with this thread...

You want people to carry tasers? That's nice, I'll keep my 9mm...

And you do know that "outlawing" things DOES NOT MAKE THEM MAGICALLY DISSAPPEAR right? It just makes them easier for criminals to get their hands on.

Does the guy a criminal is buying a gun from "under the table" care about the buyer's criminal record? No, he just wants the money.
Does a drug dealer care if his customer is killed by a reaction to adulterants in his crappy product? No, he just wants the money.

See how these things work?

If you could provide factual proof that getting rid of guns is a good idea and would lower crime rates, I'm sure everyone here would stfu.

But good luck finding that...
edit on 7/24/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
The problem with the anti-gun people is they have this illusion that they can UN-invent the gun with legislation and make the world a better place....yea it will be a better place alright, a better place for criminals, they will then have a monopoly on weapons...

Very well put

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Mainly me, guess i hit a nerve trying to share my opinion

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have learned to listen to people when they speak about a topic that they tend to know quite a bit about. In this case he states exactly what I need to know, after all, this man was certainly an expert in his field.

"Gun Control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun.
Safety Locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins."
-Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

edit on 24-7-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Tazing me would just make me more mad at you. I've absorbed more than my fair share of voltage over the years.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
OP, while I think you are SO wrong on so many levels, this is an opportunity to share something useful for those places & situations when we can't legally carry.

sofrep.com...(SOFREP)
The article is "Navy Seal Lessons Learned From Aurora, Colorado" & it has some very good advice, but one of most useful items concerns the use of a high lumen pocket flashlight that will temporarily blind someone. Costco carries a 3 pack that are 200+ lumens, but apparently, they can go up to 7000. Amazon also carries them.
There is a discussion by folks who have tested & used them here

www.freerepublic.com...

OP, maybe what should first be resolved is the problem of gangbangers & illegals who deal drugs, hijack cars (often containing kids & pets), commit rapes & burglaries, & burst into people's homes, brandishing their own military assault style weapons- instead of coddling them like "poor darling children, who never do anything wrong". That is what motivates many people to become armed- much more so than political ideology or even their rights under the United States Constitution. I note that *every* discussion I've seen on a lefty site completely ignores the existence of these everyday, real life threats & focuses on more dramatic events to push their agenda. Why is that? How come there's no push to call them out & disarm them?

Oh, and God Bless Texas!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Would you rather get sued by the same jerk that just tried to attack you because now he/she/it has an owie?

Not to mention that a Tazer isn't going to do anybody much good out in the wilderness.
edit on 24-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join