It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to defend yourself? Get a taser!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Im sick of people trying to justify the use of deadly weapons as self defence, yes you can say its a tool but why is it a tool for? Killing. Theres so many other ways to defend yourself which dont involve shooting someone. At how many points in your life are you going to need to anyway?

Yes i am aware this is a naive post but its simple really, guns are for killing people. At what point do you need to kill?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here comes the anger...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Imagine: You're sitting in your seat waiting to watch Batman. Right in the middle with perfect symmetrical view. Lights dim emergency door opens. An ak-47 glimmers in the distance below the screen. You panic and reach into your pocket for your.......taser...

Go get a CC. Kill any man/woman who tries to steal your freedom.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

I think I get what you're driving at and there are certainly cases where tasing would be quite effective. But just out of curiosity, I'd like to know: how would you use a taser to defend yourself against someone who's firing at you with a pump-action shotgun or a semi-automatic rifle from more than a couple of yards away? They're pretty well bound to hit you.

I'd appreciate your response.

Many thanks,

Mike

edit on 24/7/12 by JustMike because: grammatical edit

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There are times when a taser could be an appropriate response. There are more times when you should just swallow your pride and walk away. However. You never NEED a gun until you need it badly and right now. There are times when a lesser response just will not do.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
Here comes the anger...

So, you are trolling, as that would be the only reason to suggest something along the lines of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Of course there are several videos out there where a taser simply did not work.
They don't work on an experienced electrician either, they have had much worse and went straight back to work.
Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
you do realise that tasers have killed people too?oh so do peanuts by the way.
edit on 24/7/2012 by glen200376 because: dodgy android predictive keyboard!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Someone has broken into my house in the middle of the night, my kids and wife have barricaded themselves into a closet. I'm not going to risk THEIR safety by relying on a taser, would you?

I've seen someone get tased and then laugh about it a few minutes later.
edit on 7/24/2012 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

At how many points in your life are you going to need to anyway?

Hopefully none but I'd rather have the option. I think tasers are a really good idea for people that would otherwise carry nothing.

What anger? Not everyone that likes gun is angry. I'm not. I'm pretty hungry right now though. Might tase myself some grub soon. Om nom nom.

Also tasers are becoming less effective as more people learn how to combat them. You fall down and you roll. It either pops out the barbs or pops the wires.

I'm good just walking away, macing someone that won't stop and shooting someone I think is life threatening to my family, friends, self or bystanders. I'm not a cop. I shouldn't have to wear a freaking duty belt. You keep punching me or someone else, maced. You pull a knife, boom. You call me every name in the book, spit at me, etc. I'll just walk away.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Yeah thats why i say, how often is that going to happen? Obviously its good to expect the worst but the odds of an armed gunman coming at you in the street are extremely low, not saying it wont happen but vast majority of people are never going to be in that situation. I mean, carrying a taser, the odds of you having to use it arent as low as you needing to shoot someone.
So really its just a case of mass paranoia, people dont feel safe in their own country when that should be a basic human right.
Is the paranoia justified? I dont think so, i think its a result of scaremongering the public into constantly expecting the worst. America loves the preemptive strikes, the old stop crime before it happens thing partially a result of the war on terror.

Im not trolling im just trying to get some sense out of certain people

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

And so have vending machines

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Look at Colorado. It only needs to happen once.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

When you get right down to it, what you are advocating is gun control. Gun control ONLY benefits criminals and governments. It does NOT benefit the common man by removing a tool of self defense against those that benefit from it.

When EVERY military around the world gives up ALL of their weapons that they use to murder one another and withdraws from ALL armed conflicts, then the world will be a safer, less paranoid place.

Why do you propose that the common man give up this right when you aren't calling for Government, Inc to do the same thing?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

"I'd like to know: how would you use a taser to defend yourself against someone who's firing at you with a pump-action shotgun or a semi-automatic rifle from more than a couple of yards away? They're pretty well bound to hit you."
I think by that time itll be too late no matter how well your armed

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Im sick of people trying to justify the use of deadly weapons as self defence, yes you can say its a tool but why is it a tool for? Killing. Theres so many other ways to defend yourself which dont involve shooting someone. At how many points in your life are you going to need to anyway?

Yes i am aware this is a naive post but its simple really, guns are for killing people. At what point do you need to kill?

i agree there is no need for it

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Guns aren't just used to kill people. I have several and all they have ever killed is food. And some folks may not want to try and get close enough to a deadly threat to use a taser effectively. I know I wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yea, an innocent family defending themselves and their home with a little taser to counter a group of young thugs or gang members all having guns (they are after all CRIMINALS whom dont CARE about the LAW!!) is really sensible.

WOW, how seriously PATHETIC!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Or it might play a part in stopping nutjobs like holmes getting hold of weapons so easily?
I dont see why people cant consider that

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

This isnt a movie, grow up

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

This isnt a movie, grow up

Yea, it is REALITY.

Grow up get out of your movie world.

REALITY also shows you have nothing to contribute to my reply.

Movie world for you obviously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join