It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hackers cripple Aussie government websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The Australian arm of the group has warned it will continue the attacks on “.gov.au” sites until any plans to force ISPs to store user data and make it further available to security services are shelved.

Story Here

I'm grateful for this, The Australian Government seems hell bent on getting this passed in parlament and it will mean the end of privacy.
My private emails are private, I don't do anything illegal in them.
edit on 24/7/12 by MrBurgo2U because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree with the message, but I disagree with the method.

This is just digital terrorism. It parallels Islamics who justify killing with jihad.

Bringing down government websites is just going to give a few public servants, a really bad day. Politicians don't listen to the anonymous rantings of someone who may not even reside(and therefore vote) in Australia.

Do we really want some 13yo script-kiddie from Spain to dictate Australian politics?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Bugger it! Then give us another option! The Government will not / is not / does not listen to the public. The sick red headed bitch we have does not even understand what a democracy is. If there is another way, then fine, show me.

P

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
whatever it takes, im sick of gillard following the american playbook. let us find our own path

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It'll balance itself out.

The majority of the public in Australia are fed up with her. She pushed her luck(Howie did the same with 'workchoices' and paid for it) with the whole carbon tax affair and I have no doubt that she will lose the next election. I don't think it will be a landslide to LIB, but I think the ALP will get the boot.

However, put Rudd against Abbot and it will be a close thing. Rudd may have what it takes to get the blue collar vote.....if his party stands behind him. How likely that is....we may never know.

Put Costello against anyone and I think it will be a landslide LIB win.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
whatever it takes, im sick of gillard following the american playbook. let us find our own path

Exactly!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

This is just digital terrorism. It parallels Islamics who justify killing with jihad.

I hardly think it parallels that, Sorry mate but there is a huge difference

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

reply to post by pheonix358

It'll balance itself out.

The majority of the public in Australia are fed up with her. She pushed her luck(Howie did the same with 'workchoices' and paid for it) with the whole carbon tax affair and I have no doubt that she will lose the next election. I don't think it will be a landslide to LIB, but I think the ALP will get the boot.

However, put Rudd against Abbot and it will be a close thing. Rudd may have what it takes to get the blue collar vote.....if his party stands behind him. How likely that is....we may never know.

Put Costello against anyone and I think it will be a landslide LIB win.

Rudd speaks too much Chinese, if you know what I mean.

Since he was booted out of the top position, he has been shaking hands with too many businessmen who would like nothing more than to turn our country into little-China.

Bugger it, let's all have a BBQ on election day, and tell the pollies to go jump off the Gap.

On topic, though, the Internet is a service we pay for, just like we pay land tax.

If we let the Government have access to our Internet details, does that mean we should give them access to our houses as well?

I should hope you all say 'no' to that question.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Unrealised because: I wanted to add some more words.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBurgo2U

Originally posted by jazzguy

Exactly!!

Neither of you watch up to date news do you?

It's not that long ago she stuck her nose in physically in the middle east ( to try and say hey, we are ourselves here and we want to help) and the president or the US didn't appreciate it at all, I reckon she's not as stupid as you are making her out to be nor is she his puppet in any form.

If it's happening here you can bet she's ruffled feathers, I don't mind if she's ruffling the feathers of a vulture, do you?

Seriously you would lose faith over a system and a government which has looked after your ungrateful arse for as long as you can remember since you clearly don't do the job.

Some people!?! ppfffttt!!!

Please! Let's jump on the band wagon to ditch government, THAT is really going to work, I'm sorry but your stupidity is being tested, real truth warriors do it in plain sight, they don't hide behind anon!

respectfully get a clue please.

I am all for change, but let's be sensible.

Oh.....and by the way, I have only ever voted once accidentally in someone elses name once in my life (late 30's),
process that!
X
AAC

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I agree with the message, but I disagree with the method.

Besides the religious motives and the killing. In fact dwelling on it, there's no real similarity is there?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You know the your link says joke network, right?

dead set....(shakes head slaps forehead, husband mumbles in the back ground he's not interested in that kind of stuff)

Verdict is in......

OP!! You are guilty of silliness of the highest order, please go and smack your own bottom, and if you think it's necessary an upper cut (from self to self of course) for good measure.

and have a nice night please.....pfft!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Innocent people(in this case, 'Systems Admin's - Not, people who make decisions about legislation in Australia, that is for sure) are suffering because a person in a position of power(in this case a hacker/cracker) decides that they can shape our politics by having a digital hissy-fit.

C'mon, please. Who went and made Anonymous' the "World Police"?

If I suffer damages from Anon's actions, are they going to reimburse me at a later date?

Will they even care????

In another country, their actions may be justified(China, USA, Russia, etc) but not in Australia. We have a democratic system that is civil and overseen by some of the most intelligent people in the world. There is no reason to doubt the system that has served us so well to date.

I trust this judiciary because I know how it works and how well it works. It is designed to evolve and fluidly adjusts to the peoples wants and needs. If there is an in-balance, $#!% will happen. It has in the past and I guarantee, that it will happen in the future. John Howard & Gough Whitlam are two prime examples were the people's voice rang out and gave both leaders a proverbial wedgie!

Have heart though

Ms Gillard won't be the Prime Minister forever and when she does fall from grace, she will fall harder because of her foolish pride.

Has anyone else noticed that Newton's equations of motion hold true for politics?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrBurgo2U

This is just a perfect example why the Australian Federal Govt want this legislation passed even more now!

IDIOTS

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
You know the your link says joke network, right?

dead set....(shakes head slaps forehead, husband mumbles in the back ground he's not interested in that kind of stuff)

Verdict is in......

OP!! You are guilty of silliness of the highest order, please go and smack your own bottom, and if you think it's necessary an upper cut (from self to self of course) for good measure.

and have a nice night please.....pfft!

Geez, Are you having a bad day?
How about you smack your own bottom and be sure to post pics

Oh.....and by the way, I have only ever voted once accidentally in someone elses name once in my life (late 30's),
process that!

Well I do vote therefore have a right to be concerned about this flawed law.

Seriously you would lose faith over a system and a government which has looked after your ungrateful arse for as long as you can remember since you clearly don't do the job.

Some people!?! ppfffttt!!!

For the record I served in the Aussie military and was a volunteer firefighter, I doubt you did either!

ppfffttt!!! too you also, Tell me what does the "C" stand for in your name?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

you do realise that there is almost no genuine difference between the Libs and ALP, right?

They simply pander to a slightly different demographic. Its a lovely illusion to make people believe that we have a choice, much like the Republicans and Democrats in the US (except we have preferential voting, which virtually guarantees that no 3rd party can take power).

Both parties have been quite happy to restrict freedoms and wreck the economy for a long, long time now.

top topics

join