It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party dying in California over Social Issues

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by longlostbrother

Everyone knows California is a far left state.
You quoted the New York Times, which is a left wing machine
The Democrats are running the state .... and running it into the ground.
So you say 'excellent' eh? So what's so excellent about that???
Partisan much?

What would really be excellent is if California dumped the democrats as well.
If they got some independents or libertarians to run the state.
Then maybe they wouldn't be broke ... maybe then they wouldn't be flushing the state down the toilet.

we had pete wilson (a republican) for governor...it was during his term that the electrical energy gouging from Texas utility companies took place. we had blackouts, and got F'ed on higher rates from those companies, all the while lying about what they were doing...good ole petey didn't have much to say either.
by the way...TEXAS is 20 billion in the hole, while having piss poor working conditions, low wages, screwed-up medical system...i guess all of those tax breaks for corporations, paid for by the sweat-equity of those low-wage workers, went right into the pockets of the texas wealthy...so how that working for yeeah

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

That is the dumbest saying I've ever heard. As if Republican greed and selfishness is the logical development of an intelligent human. Just dumb as hell

... and the democratic greed and selfishness .. the jealousy and stealing from those who have made more money, and stealing it under the lie of 'for the greater good/spread the wealth/social justice' ... yep, that greed and selfishness is so much better than republican greed and selfishness ... right?

I haven't seen any Democrat give a flogging to the nation anywhere close to what the Bush tax cuts have done. I agree with you that both parties are pretty much evil and in it for themselves but the Republican party as of late is blatantly in it to make thier rich friends even richer.

So, tax cuts are bad?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is is a surprise? The Republican party is literally dying off. They are no longer attracting younger voters. Have you seen a Republican town meeting lately? They might as well have it at a retirement home.

Young conservatives are becoming libertarians. They have no desire to embrace what they see as a corrupt party that is more than willing to toss out the constitution for the social conservatives and sell out American interests to corporations.

Have you seen many younger voters excited over Romney? I haven't. On the other hand, I see much more excitement over Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That is the dumbest saying I've ever heard. As if Republican greed and selfishness is the logical development of an intelligent human. Just dumb as hell

... and the democratic greed and selfishness .. the jealousy and stealing from those who have made more money, and stealing it under the lie of 'for the greater good/spread the wealth/social justice' ... yep, that greed and selfishness is so much better than republican greed and selfishness ... right?

I haven't seen any Democrat give a flogging to the nation anywhere close to what the Bush tax cuts have done. I agree with you that both parties are pretty much evil and in it for themselves but the Republican party as of late is blatantly in it to make thier rich friends even richer.

So, tax cuts are bad?

They are when they are only lining the pockets of the people who are raping the system. I swear sometimes its hard not to believe some of you are shills for the corporations.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So, tax cuts are bad?

As you would say, anything done by the government is bad... and that includes tax cuts.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Procession101

More class warfare claptrap.

So you two think government can take care of OUR money better than the people can?

Entitlement much?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, that's not what I said.

Society is historically and practically about the majority, the group, not individuals.

We have, as a species, banded together, since prehistoric times, for shared benefit, in exchange for shared responsibility.

Pretending there's an established governmental system that allows for every individual to behave without regard to every other individual is a reflection of a flawed ideology, as the underlying premise is untrue.

Once you accept that fact, it's all shades of grey, from total totalitarianism to anarchism, but all of them are systems of government.

I prefer a system with a social safety net (having lived in the US for decades and now Europe), but also believe, strongly, in capatalism.

It can never be a choice between society and no society, for the billions of us on the planet,but instead about what shade of grey produces the best results for the largest percentage of people.
edit on 25-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's kind of funny to think that the Democrats run California and that the Republicans are basically an endangered species out here.

Who will take the blame when California goes bankrupt?

We're already $15 billion in debt. Jerry Browns budget takes into account the citizens passing his initiatives for tax increases. I don't see that happening.

The state will be further in debt this time next year. They might have to give fewer handouts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If they want people to take them seriously they have to stop listening to the crazy fundamentalist nutjobs in their party

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by Hawking

Only a little more than 25% of the population self-identifies as Republican, a little over a third, as Democrat, and the rest as independents.

Independents are, for the most part, Republicans that think the GOP has destroyed the Conservative Movement.

Here's a newsflash for you.

Americans' political ideology at the midyear point of 2011 looks similar to 2009 and 2010, with 41% self-identifying as conservative, 36% as moderate, and 21% as liberal.

www.gallup.com...

Too bad liberals have the money and control the media.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yes, that evil liberal media like the most watched news channel in the US...Fox "News"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Conservative is NOT Republican.

Here's from January, where 27% call themselves Republican.

www.gallup.com...

So maybe so tell Gallup they're wrong...?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Conservative is NOT Republican.

Here's from January, where 27% call themselves Republican.

www.gallup.com...

So maybe so tell Gallup they're wrong...?

What party are conservatives going to vote? There are about as many conservative Democrats as there are liberal Republicans. This is also the post you were replying to, my comments were sort of to you both, but could only actually reply to one of you.

Most people don't seem to realize that the conservatives of the US are dying out and will be irrelevant in the next 20 years or so.

edit on 26-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Actually, there's not a huge amount of evidence that conservatives WILL vote for Romney.

You don't see a lot of liberals saying they'll vote for Johnson, or Romney. I HAVE seen many conservatives say they won't vote, they'll vote third party, they'll write in Paul or even, even on ATS, vote for Obama.

So, I think it's far from certain what conservative voters will do. If they even vote.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've live in California and this place has TANKED since I was a kid.

Go look up our Representatives, State Legislators, Assembly People, City Council Members.

Across the board mostly all Democrats.

At this point I would welcome more Republicans just because I feel this bus needs to turn around in an opposite direction, nothing to do with political stances. The Democrats run this State, and lo and behold it's turned into garbage, almost to the point of no return.

Republicans did this? They have no power here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Ron Paul got very little of the popular vote, and he is 100% not conservative, he is libertarian. Conservatives have two real options, no vote or Romney. Obama will energize them to vote if Romney won't.

Also Johnson is libertarian as well and I bet 5% of Americans even know his name.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

There is a reason we have a two party system. California, like my home state of Massachusetts is extremely corrupt. You wouldn't believe some of the things MA politicians have done.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

In some states a one percent vote for Johnson could swing the vote to
Obama.

As for Ron Paul being a Libertarian - did he switch his party affiliation?

Or is he planning on going to the Republican Party convention, and trying to speak?

Politically he's a republican... His mixed up bag of beliefs is closer to US Libertarian.

That being said, one of his MAIN goals is to get the government to audit a private company. Not exactly Libertarian.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
[SNIP]

The fact they say conservatives AND libertarians mean they are two different things.

[SNIP]

edit on 27-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post and OT part

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join