It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party dying in California over Social Issues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

“We are at a lower point than we’ve ever been,” said Representative Kevin McCarthy, the No. 3 Republican in the United States House of Representatives. “It’s rebuilding time.”

“It’s no longer a statewide party,” said Allan Hoffenblum, who worked for 30 years as a Republican consultant in California. “They are down to 30 percent, which makes it impossible to win a statewide election. You just can’t get enough crossover voters.”

“They have alienated large swaths of voters,” he said. “They have become too doctrinaire on the social issues. It’s become a cult.”

There is not a single Republican holding statewide office. Democrats overwhelmingly control the State Assembly and Senate. In interviews, Republicans were unable to come up with any names of credible candidates preparing to run for statewide office. By contrast, the Democratic bench is bustling with ambitious younger politicians who are waiting for their moment. It is a giant turnaround since 2003, when Arnold Schwarzenegger knocked out the Democratic governor, Gray Davis, in a recall election and set out to build a more moderate Republican Party.

www.nytimes.com...

Excellent.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Most people don't seem to realize that the conservatives of the US are dying out and will be irrelevant in the next 20 years or so.

After that, we can move forward using rational thinking rather than scripture, and science and technology won't have to take a backseat to superstitions.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Only a little more than 25% of the population self-identifies as Republican, a little over a third, as Democrat, and the rest as independents.

Independents are, for the most part, Republicans that think the GOP has destroyed the Conservative Movement.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

hahaha.

This is California.

The most failed and ubsurd state in the country.

They have things so backwards they can do nothing about it at this point.

Hell, I didnt even know they let republicans in California.

Edit- Arnold only got it cause hes hollywood. =X
edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Everyone knows California is a far left state.
You quoted the New York Times, which is a left wing machine
The Democrats are running the state .... and running it into the ground.
So you say 'excellent' eh? So what's so excellent about that???
Partisan much?

What would really be excellent is if California dumped the democrats as well.
If they got some independents or libertarians to run the state.
Then maybe they wouldn't be broke ... maybe then they wouldn't be flushing the state down the toilet.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry, your anti-left wing/Democrat post includes a criticism of me for being "partisan"...? Hypocritical much?

Oh wait, you're a libertarian, hypocrisy comes naturally to you.
edit on 24-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
your anti-left wing/Democrat post includes a criticism of me for being "partisan"...? Hypocritical much?

.... says the joker who then slams me because he thinks I'm a libertarian.
Funny partisan guy

Oh wait, you're a libertarian, hypocrisy comes naturally to you.

Oh wait, no I"m not a libertarian. EPIC FAIL on your part.

Truth is truth. California is left wing and has been for a long time.
It's also in dire straights. It's broke. Gee ... wonder why?

eta = Oh look - you admit that you are madly anti-GOP and anti-Libertarian .. that makes you PARTISAN.

edit on 7/24/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Republican Party dying in California over Social Issues

Even the mentally challenged will stop going to a dry well.

People lost faith in the system.

The specific party is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I think California should be 100% democrat.

That way, when they tank huge!, there will be no-one to blame but themselv- nevermind.

They'll still blame republicans.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why not take the same approach to the whole country?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The old saying still rings very true: If you're under 30 and a republican, you have no heart. If you're over 30 and still a democrat you have no brains.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wow that's great! One of the worst run states in the U.S. is proud Republicans are not relevant there. That's priceless!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
The old saying still rings very true: If you're under 30 and a republican, you have no heart. If you're over 30 and still a democrat you have no brains.

That is the dumbest saying I've ever heard. As if Republican greed and selfishness is the logical development of an intelligent human. Just dumb as hell.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
That is the dumbest saying I've ever heard. As if Republican greed and selfishness is the logical development of an intelligent human. Just dumb as hell

... and the democratic greed and selfishness .. the jealousy and stealing from those who have made more money, and stealing it under the lie of 'for the greater good/spread the wealth/social justice' ... yep, that greed and selfishness is so much better than republican greed and selfishness ... right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Hawking

hahaha.

This is California.

The most failed and ubsurd state in the country.

They have things so backwards they can do nothing about it at this point.

Hell, I didnt even know they let republicans in California.

Edit- Arnold only got it cause hes hollywood. =X
edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Thankfully I'll be outta here in 6 months time!
It's painful to watch the once richest, most powerful
state with the best education system sink to a
3rd world status.

I'll miss Saturdays at Corona Del Mar & Laguna Beach, though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yeah, society is one big lie!

You know where you can go and live in your utopia? The middle of a forest or desert! Have fun.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

There are very few true conservatives in the Republican party anymore.
Conservatives believe in being fiscally conservative, yet Republicans continue to spend like drunken sailors (no offense to drunken sailors intended)

Conservatives believe in limiting the size of government. Again, Republicans don't have any problem growing the government as long as it benefits their constituent.

Conservatives believe in a rational immigration plan. Republicans believe that cheap labor benefits business and turn a blind eye towards meaningful immigration reform.

You can flame Republicans all you want, but don't mix up Republicans and conservatives please.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Hard to blame him, everyone who calls themselves a Republican also says they're conservative... when millions claim to be Republican and Conservative, well... conservationism gets redefined.

And guess what...?

As long as the modern Republican party continues on like this, and it's only getting worse, not better, the Dems will win. And every time they win it makes it harder for true conservatives to come back...

If there was a Libertarian "lite" it might work, but right now it's WAAAAAY too extreme to win national office.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Most people don't seem to realize that the conservatives of the US are dying out and will be irrelevant in the next 20 years or so.

After that, we can move forward using rational thinking rather than scripture, and science and technology won't have to take a backseat to superstitions.

"Rational thinking"
No such thing with liberals!

Have fun in the People's Republic of Mexifornia! Where what's yours is mine and mine is yours. Please don't come asking us "Superstitious" coservatives for any help when every single city in your crappy little liberal bastion is bankrupt. We'll be too busy being productive and engaging in irrational thinking and superstitions to have time for patty-cakes. But no worries, you all can kumbaya together and wait for the handouts that are sure to never come.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Procession101
That is the dumbest saying I've ever heard. As if Republican greed and selfishness is the logical development of an intelligent human. Just dumb as hell

... and the democratic greed and selfishness .. the jealousy and stealing from those who have made more money, and stealing it under the lie of 'for the greater good/spread the wealth/social justice' ... yep, that greed and selfishness is so much better than republican greed and selfishness ... right?

I haven't seen any Democrat give a flogging to the nation anywhere close to what the Bush tax cuts have done. I agree with you that both parties are pretty much evil and in it for themselves but the Republican party as of late is blatantly in it to make thier rich friends even richer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join