It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Americans in Syria handing out sniper rifles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Heard this on NPR today, a small snipet from a wider story arc. Seemed like an aside to the whole story, but would be big news if true and they realy were Americans.

One resident later tells me he has seen two undercover Americans pass through here. He says one gave the rebels a couple of high-end sniper rifles, the other was interested in the types of helicopters used by the Syrian regime.

www.npr.org...

A possibility, and one I think more likely myself, would be Mossad agents posing as Americans....one can never be sure of the shadows that lurk in the fog of war.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...
edit on 24-7-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by ErEhWoN because: spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
And America has the nerve too label folk as terrorists .... Reminds me of the old saying, "Be in this world but not of it"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
America and Isreal should be ashamed.

Really disgusting

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Its always an American

Im sure finding an American isnt that hard over there.

And the source of this information is....and I quote this snippet from your source-

"Inside the rebel headquarters, the men waiting to talk to Zaza grill me about why the U.S. isn't doing more to help the rebels hold this territory and topple the regime of Syria president, Bashar al-Assad.

UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (Foreign language spoken)

MCEVERS: We know you can't send troops, we know you can't enforce a no-fly zone, they say. But why not send more and better weapons? The rifles and rocket-propelled grenades we're getting from Saudi Arabia and Qatar are not enough, they say. Why not help us coordinate our operations, like NATO advisers did in Libya?

...then this... same source....

"The sense is that the Syrian army is too stretched fighting rebels elsewhere in the country to retake control here and that the Turkish military, perched just on the other side of the border, is providing unofficial cover. "

I see no reason to believe it is American Men.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
heh, good idea....snipers can be a real pain in the arse and once dug in, a good sniper is hard to find.

Doesnt surprise me though, why does it surprise you?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
1 resident she said he saw an alleged American hand out 2 rifles.OMG!Assads artillery and gunships are toast now!Yes a true game changer.
edit on 24-7-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Must be nice... Walkin home from the store n some guy hands you a sniper rifle ....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Giving out sniper rifles to rebels accused of war crimes including massacres of civilians? Great idea. Flooding the country with weapons was such an irresponsible act by Qatar and the Saudis, and look Assad still stands. There was a chance a few moths ago that this could have been dealt with diplomatically, that is now long gone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I don't either. I think Mossad has posed as Amercan agents in the past, wouldn't put it past them to do it here.

Wouldn't discount them (the Americans) being there either, there is probably a significant Special Forces presence in Turkey right now. I believe there is an aircraft carrier visiting Turkey right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

America is everywhere. Thats our problem IMO because it casts blame to us even when sometimes we are not to blame.
Not only that but getting into the internal affairs of other countries is an unneccesary risk that we so loosely get tricked into.
90 percent of the time they dont want us there anyways.
Look at these forums. Theres so much Anti America it isnt even funny- Fall out from getting involved in matters such as this(eventhough we didnt participate in it).

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
After hearing on the news last night about al cia da, threatening to cause more attacks in the USA. I wonder if they will send these sniper weapons back to the states to use on Americans. It would be poetic justice for that to happen. Running arropund the world screaming about terrorists and they are arming them? What a joke...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

In order for diplomacy, you have to have compromise. its safe to say that the west does not want to be diplomatic in any form. The only thing stopping them from waltzing right in is Russia.....and that is because of what happned in Libya.

They never wanted a diplomatic solution, they were never willing to bend...and Assad got left holding the bag of flaming poo.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just a simple question. What do Americans look like?
America is very diverse
I just dont buy this nonsense from NPR or anyone else

edit on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

NPR? Seriously?

That organization has lowered their standards to the Weekly World News level.

They'll say anything to try to stay relevent.

And what they do say over the airwaves is usually propaganda. We should defund them immediately as far as I'm concerned. Let them go the way of Air America.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by hp1229

NPR isn't trying to sell it. You don't see it being mentioned anywhere but here, do you?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Reply to post by hp1229

NPR isn't trying to sell it. You don't see it being mentioned anywhere but here, do you?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Its a figurative speech. Nevertheless, what does NPR stand for and who is funding them?
They had a big budget and funding issues last year.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Heard this on NPR today, a small snipet from a wider story arc. Seemed like an aside to the whole story, but would be big news if true and they realy were Americans.

One resident later tells me he has seen two undercover Americans pass through here. He says one gave the rebels a couple of high-end sniper rifles, the other was interested in the types of helicopters used by the Syrian regime.

www.npr.org...

A possibility, and one I think more likely myself, would be Mossad agents posing as Americans....one can never be sure of the shadows that lurk in the fog of war.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...
edit on 24-7-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by ErEhWoN because: spelling

They need to quit giving our weapons away to foreigners and start passing them out to american citizens on our own soil.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What a horrible report by By NPR I am not surprised just like the other news outets they have been one sided as well.

But rebels now hold large swaths of territory in rural areas
Yeah not for long
once again this seems like propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Its NPR what you expect?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They need to quit giving our weapons away to foreigners and start passing them out to american citizens on our own soil.

You guys can't really handle guns very well over there.. It gives you the illusion of power and than you go crazy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join