It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars Special Report - LEAKED & EXPOSED: Secrets of Batman The Dark Knight Rises

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can see the counterpoint.

However I think that in the context of a character like Batman, who is very conflicted on multiple levels, the cell phone system is used as another plot device to show that conflict.

Batman, who by his very nature MUST maintain secrecy and would, I think, cherish it... does he violate the secrecy of the entirety of Gotham City to save it? In the film he decides yes, yet he also realizes that anything beyond using the system ONCE to find The Joker is tantamount to a tyranny, which is why I believe he agrees with Lucious Fox to destroy it immediately afterwards. The severity of the situation is the only reason that Batman uses the system... but even at the pinnacle of the movie he adheres to his ultimate rule to not take a life. By saving The Joker he redeems himself... mercy > vengeance.

Just my opinion.

Please excuse the run-on sentence, didn't get much sleep last night.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
I can see the counterpoint.

However I think that in the context of a character like Batman, who is very conflicted on multiple levels, the cell phone system is used as another plot device to show that conflict.

Batman, who by his very nature MUST maintain secrecy and would, I think, cherish it... does he violate the secrecy of the entirety of Gotham City to save it? In the film he decides yes, yet he also realizes that anything beyond using the system ONCE to find The Joker is tantamount to a tyranny, which is why I believe he agrees with Lucious Fox to destroy it immediately afterwards. The severity of the situation is the only reason that Batman uses the system... but even at the pinnacle of the movie he adheres to his ultimate rule to not take a life. By saving The Joker he redeems himself... mercy > vengeance.

Just my opinion.

Please excuse the run-on sentence, didn't get much sleep last night.

I agree with you in the 'movie' sense, but whether Batman has good intentions or not (as we know he does in the movie) doesn't matter, it is the fact that the movie brings the notion up and that it IS used to save the day.

Governments are supposed to be trustworthy, so just as you would give up your privacy rights to let Batman save the people, then you should in theory be able to do the same for the government who are trying to protect you from the terrorists.

It is propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski
reply to post by gigaherc

Excellent! Your post is the best example of the ignorace I was writting about.

Do you know the OP enough to assume their occupation, leisure activity, or relationship status? Maybe their hobby is conspriracy theories. Mine is and I bet more than half here would say the same. That's why we're here!

Instead of making degrading comments based on sterotypical profiling of anyone with an alternative view, make an intelligent post based on the knowledge you've obtained. True not everything is a conspiracy. However, there is more going on in the world than anyone of us knows.
edit on 24-7-2012 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

Funny you mention ignorance in your post which is full of misunderstanding and simple minded profiling.

I meant real hobby - not sitting in front of the computer and wasting time looking for conspiracies in movies which are made to enjoy them (true, also to analyze them, sometime even overthinking them), a hobby which outcomes somehow improve things, like researching the nature or the history of mankind.

Seeking conspiracies in Dark Knight movies is what makes such guys as you look ridiculous (hence the tinfoil hat etiquette) no matter how important it is for you and how glad you are because of such sick outcomes as a Jones' movie presented in OP.

That is my opinion, you still have the right to your own, however be aware of what is more productive and thus useful and interesting. It is easy to jump the 'everyone who don't like my crazy theories is shill and ignorant fool' bandwagon. It is hard to understand you waste your life.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc

Funny you mention ignorance in your post which is full of misunderstanding and simple minded profiling.

Really, what was my misunderstanding? How was I profiling you? You are trying to turn my words on me, but you have no evidence of what you say. I merely pointed out you are rude and hypocritical as well as stereotyping others and now you are upset someone called you out on it. So sad!

I meant real hobby - not sitting in front of the computer and wasting time looking for conspiracies in movies which are made to enjoy them (true, also to analyze them, sometime even overthinking them)

You're sitting in front of a computer as you wrote this to me (absolutely hypocritical) wasting time defending why you were being ignorant.

, a hobby which outcomes somehow improve things, like researching the nature or the history of mankind.
So you again assume if someone researches symbols in movies, than that's all they research? Well I research it all. There are not many topics I haven't at least touched. That way I'm not ignorant of the things I reply to ...unlike yourself.

Seeking conspiracies in Dark Knight movies is what makes such guys as you look ridiculous (hence the tinfoil hat etiquette) no matter how important it is for you and how glad you are because of such sick outcomes as a Jones' movie presented in OP.

No, what's ridiculous are people like yourself who naysay without doing any real research about it. I could care less if you agree or disagree with the OP, In fact I never said I agree with the OP, you only assumed I do since I seem to be defending the OP from attack like yours. If you disagree, then make a valid attempt to debunk or disproves instead of just being closed minded and saying something is ridiculous.

That is my opinion, you still have the right to your own, however be aware of what is more productive and thus useful and interesting. It is easy to jump the 'everyone who don't like my crazy theories is shill and ignorant fool' bandwagon. It is hard to understand you waste your life.
How productive are you by reading and responding to this thread if you think it is a waste of time. You're actually wasting time telling others not to waste their time.

Just because someone spends time on this site or any other (facebook for example) doesn't mean that all they do is waste time and has no life. I'm married with 2 kids, been in the military for over 13 years, seen more of the world than you know. I was a mechanic on the B-2 Stealth Bomber and now an analyst for the US government. Do you think I haven't done things in my life that was important just because I read ATS and make posts?

You have a lot of nerve to say the things you say with no resource to back your claims...only ridicule and ignorance based on loose stereotypes! Now let's see how much time is wasted in your next reply!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For those of you that think television has NO EFFECT on your "brain", think again! You're not exempt!

ETA: You might as well enjoy the effects it has on your child!

edit on 26-7-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join