It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops see hate crime in woman's mutilation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

(CNN) -- Three MASKED men allegedly bound a woman and carved words into her skin, police in Lincoln, Nebraska, said Monday.

The incident has been classified as a hate crime because a derogatory term for lesbians was painted inside the home, said Officer Katie Flood, a spokeswoman for the Lincoln Police Department.

it still "amazes" me what people will do to each other. i just dont get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
not to point fingers, but

i wonder what she couldve done to warrant such an attack. is being a lesbian enough these days?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

It's horrific. I think systematic desensitization of society has caused our once prevalent sense of empathy, to fade from our culture as a whole. Lack of the family unit of old, where generations lived in the same areas and took care of their elderly, chipped away from the moral fiber that empathy is made. Actually, much more than just that...but it is one of the major foundation stones of society I see crumbling away. Family at one point in our history, was the schooling of right from wrong.

Just an odd thought that tumbled through my tired brain....

Des

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

edit on 7/24/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by Dizrael

I can think of few more reprehensible comments than yours. No one deserves to be assaulted in such a manner.

Shame.

i hope you didnt misunderstand me, its horrible what happened. i just meant, is this what the world has come to, that being lesbian is enough to warrant being tortured?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

She must have misunderstood you. I understood your dismay at the article. Society is becoming so sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

My mistake. I thought you were blaming the victim.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

no worries, i could have been more clear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I was going to post this story yesterday and chose against it. I live in Lincoln Nebraska and this is a major story going on in my little city but with the Colorado situation and the fact that she was not killed I decided not to post. Now that it has been posted I will go ahead and give the information.

Just after 4am yesterday morning(Sunday) emergency units were sent to a fire call on South 22nd and E streets. What they found was nothing short of a horrific situation. 3 masked men broke into the home of a 33 year old Woman, tied her hands behind her back with zip ties, stripped her naked and began carving hate rhetoric all over her body with knives. They then began to spray paint more hate rhetoric all over the house including the basement. When they were satisfied with their work they then poured gasoline(petrol for those over the pond) all over the kitchen and set the house on fire. The Woman is a lesbian and this has been classified as an extreme hate crime.

The Woman worked her way out of the house and a neighbor comforted her until the ambulance arrived. She was taken to the hospital and it was found that the cuts were not life threatening but the experience is definitely life changing. Our community jumped up and within hours organized a "Vigil Against Violence" which was held at 9PM Sunday night. Another vigil was organized and held tonight in Omaha.

These um....men are still currently at large and will face charges of home invasion, assault, and attempted arson with more charges possibly attached.

I will let the videos and links give you the rest of the story.

KLKN

KLKN

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of that woman who posed as a man and was raped and murdered for it. Brandon-something.

Nebraska, you've got to work on your reputation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I actually knew her personally and we hung out together several times. She was a very cool person that situation hit us hard as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is bigotry in action. I think everyone who supports Neanderthal views on life, politics, and just how to treat another human being and why should take a bow. This disgrace is yours too.

This is just awful. Next time you are asked what gay people have done to you to warrant being a backwards prick to them, remember what is done to them for being gay. Then ask yourself if them being gay is really a problem to society.

The same people that have a problem with them usually are the ones to call people Muslim apologists for reminding them that although some people may stone a gay person in the street , we can do that and far worse. That is no excuse for being a cave man in life.

The same people that want to round up illegal immigrants and treat them like they have committed a capital crime are the ones to spew hateful things their whole life about people they don't understand until 3 of their good buddies does something like this because his son or daughter was near a lesbian in day care.

Thanks for bringing hell on earth. It is worth it if we can get rid of people who like their same type of genitalia. They are the greatest threat to society.....different genitalia and *poof* all our problems go away. well, until a Muslim has the bad taste to move anywhere in our same hemisphere.

Keep being bigots, racists and just dumbasses in general. Maybe it will get to be dangerous for you as well one day instead of just the weak and helpless.

This is why it is dangerous to hold psychotic and hateful opinions of people you never met.

edit on 24-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

i wonder what she couldve done to warrant such an attack. is being a lesbian enough these days?

Uhh...simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time is enough to become a victim of a gruesome attack.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Nobody really knows the whole story here, who knows what she did.... Maybe she didn't do anything at all to deserve this but, maybe she did... Just because she happen to be lesbian or whatever reason they put that, doesnt mean its a attack on the whole 'gay community'.. It looks more personal... Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

You cant group people together like that.
Not everyone who is against illegal immigration and want it enforced believes that it is ok to carve words into peoples chest.

Get a clue. Its your kind of thinking that only makes matters worse.

- On topic since people like to derail it-

Nobody should be treated this way- gay straight or self loving- it is assault and battery no matter which way you look at it.

I hope the girl recovers over this- but it may take some time- if at all. Very traumatizing event I couldnt even imagine being the victim of.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Nobody really knows the whole story here, who knows what she did.... Maybe she didn't do anything at all to deserve this but, maybe she did... Just because she happen to be lesbian or whatever reason they put that, doesnt mean its a attack on the whole 'gay community'.. It looks more personal... Just sayin...

You are right no one knows the whole story in this case, but beings that I live in Lincoln, I can tell you that most of the time, all it takes is for people to find out your gay or lesbian for them to attack. I have been in many bars and fights break out simply because someone has that walk or that type of speech pattern. We have a very large gay/lesbian/transvestite community here. In fact some people claim it is the highest population per capita in the Nation(that's what they say. I can't verify, but I would believe it). For the most part they are accepted, but assaults and hate crimes along this nature happen often. Not to this extent, but they do. It's not only bars either, it happens on the streets and peoples homes, simply because a portion of this community is intolerant. They don't need any more a reason than the way someone walks or talks around here. All I'm saying is no provocation is needed for the baseball bats to come out swinging.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Agarta because: punctuation and missed capital letters

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

rape is always personal. Even when it is to a complete stranger. She did not do that to whoever did this to her. A person can't do anything to make people behave like morons. They are that way until life and evolution ends them for being horrible human beings. The 3 guys that did this are what is wrong with this world. They acted out of the hate filled words their brothers and friends spew while having fun fishing, drinking or just taking a walk. They are as much to blame.

edit on 24-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Rape is a very personal thing. I agree even when it's a stranger. I have a feeling this woman has run into one of these dirtbags before though. 'We found you' would be a rather odd thing to paint on the wall if this were completely random.

My best guess? One of these little punks hit on this woman, were shot down and couldn't deal with it. I have a feeling she will know exactly who did this, it just may take some time to get over the trauma and piece it together. At some point she caught someone's eye, and she was probably aware of it.

Read a really good book called 'The Gift of Fear'. I would recommend it to anyone. It discusses how we usually know the attack is coming, or at least who would have done it. First person that pops into your mind, even if it seems outlandish is a god bet.

Either way, string 'em up by their toes when they get caught. I want to get all internet toughguy but there's really no point.

One thing you have to give props to the LGBT community for is unity. They seem to be good at coming together (shutup) and helping out when some atrocious thing like this happens. I hope she gets all the support she needs. What an awful thing to have to go through.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Rape is a very personal thing. I agree even when it's a stranger. I have a feeling this woman has run into one of these dirtbags before though. 'We found you' would be a rather odd thing to paint on the wall if this were completely random.

My best guess? One of these little punks hit on this woman, were shot down and couldn't deal with it. I have a feeling she will know exactly who did this, it just may take some time to get over the trauma and piece it together. At some point she caught someone's eye, and she was probably aware of it.

Read a really good book called 'The Gift of Fear'. I would recommend it to anyone. It discusses how we usually know the attack is coming, or at least who would have done it. First person that pops into your mind, even if it seems outlandish is a god bet.

Either way, string 'em up by their toes when they get caught. I want to get all internet toughguy but there's really no point.

One thing you have to give props to the LGBT community for is unity. They seem to be good at coming together (shutup) and helping out when some atrocious thing like this happens. I hope she gets all the support she needs. What an awful thing to have to go through.

I'm not sure how rape entered into this discussion but she was not raped. Also where did you get the "We found you" quote? None of the hate rhetoric has been released. I even went to the OPs link as well as all 6 of mine and searched the Omaha links and none say this. Link me please. I don't want to say you are just adding it but as far as anyone here in Lincoln knows none of what was written on the walls or carved into her has been released to the public.

Edit to add: I found a local FB page that has a picture of the basement containing the words you used plus one I choose not to use and I will not post it here(personal choice) I also found a blog of someone that is close to the victim that states some of the words carved into her body but again I will choose not to repeat them. Lets just say they are derogatory toward lesbians and Women in general.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Link with pics

I think I misread the name Rappl (her neighbors last) as rape. Perhaps she wasn't. I'll be surprised if she wasn't though.

Uh, I suppose language warning on that site.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join