It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN States Colorado shooter had no Facebook Page, clearly making him disturbed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So according to the media the internet is supposed to be bad because I can use it to order ammunition but not participating in the internet ala facebook is also bad because it makes me a "weirdo"?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

"We could ask the same questions about the lack of Web presence that we could for anyone who isolates themselves. Was he socially isolated in all senses?" asked Dr. Pamela Rutledge, director of the Media Psychology Research Center.

And surveys show that college students like Holmes, who was a graduate neurosciences student at the University of Colorado, are even more likely to use the sites. But Rainie says it would be a mistake to draw a direct line between his decision to eschew social networking and a mindset that led to the alleged violence.

"It's a testimony to how normal participating in the social media world is when we look at the lack of presence as an anomaly," she said. "(We wonder,) 'What's wrong with this guy that he's not at least on Facebook?' "

Source

The above quotes are all from the original article. It's a discussion piece and jumps to less conclusions than your average ATS'r in my opinion.

I'm not a massive fan of CNN but people appear to be point to facts and stating that they are biased. It is a generally accepted fact that most persons that age use social media or social networking. It is unusual not to use facebook for the person's demographic. How can stating a simple fact be biased?

Do we now hate the mass media so much that *everything* they write has to be abused by default?

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
why would someone do this, rather than questioning why someone would rack up 20,000 friends but know none of them personally.
They then jump to conclusions as to what this says about the man himself.

Maybe because the article is a discussion piece on a mass murderer who didn't have a facebook account with 20,000 friends on it?

Should the article be called 'mass murderer shows that having lots of friends is abnormal?' Yes, the article is highlighting something about the suspect. Yes, it might be leaning towards that this piece of the puzzle says something about the person ... However, notice the lack of an expert out and out saying the suspect is schizophrenic or paranoid?

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Common Good

If he did it, he was under mind control (hypnosis) at the time. Basically, he did not do it.

I know this is a conspiracy site buuuuuuut now ... not only do we know that the media is in on it but we also now know that the suspect was hypnotized or replaced by a Jason Bourne clone?

I don't understand how an imprecise CNN article pointing out that Holmes not being on facebook could be part of a greater puzzle is disinformation, propaganda, biased etc ... whatever you want to call it ... but a theory stating that the suspect is innocent, mind controlled, under control by the CIA, and had obscure new research stolen from him is perfectly reasonable days after the event.

We have barely enough information right now as it is to make sweeping statements like that IMO. For the record, I'm not on facebook, I'm not a fan of CNN, but I'm also not a fan of blind judgement without the information.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well no really as long as you post in facebook what you do every single time of the day.

Is ok for us to be as transparent as possible in the net but not for the government. Right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
he enjoyed dating sites from what i've read.

adultfriendfinder.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
These kinda of things make me sick..

If your not one of us, you must be something bad.

Not having a girl friend

Not being in a relationship

Not having Facebook

Being a Virgin

Being single

There are so many things in life to do, that you have to put some things back, get your priority set.

Sometimes people are retarded.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The heard mentality,

Herd mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items. Examples of the herd mentality include stock market trends, fashions in apparel, cars, taste in music, home décor, etc. Social psychologists study the related topics of group intelligence, crowd wisdom, and decentralized decision making.

en.wikipedia.org...

They forgot that it should be included the media and government propaganda and manipulation

If you can not be put in any group like "heard mentality" Social psychologist will question your behavior as odd

Regardless of the fact that some people like to think away from the group and make their own decisions without peer manipulation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This odd artice from CNN today makes what i'm about to say even more strange.

Yesterday i was on GLP and someone found something very strange.(I'll post a link at the end of the thread) A poster(AC from Brazil) came up with the idea of James Bond + Sherlock Holmes = James Holmes. Then a member of GLP "RayRayz" searched Facebook and found a profile "Sherlock Bond". Then there was a Vin Bond account found on FB with a picture that looked exactly like the shooter(without the red hair) on the far right of the picture along with other people. Also, one of the friends on the FB account was linked to someone who was on TV talking about the shooting incident.

I had something to do and couldn't really follow up on this yesterday, plus i don't have a FB account either which would help if you want to look at this.

Anyway here is the link to the thread on GLP. Make sure you look at the other links posted in this thread to other threads on GLP created yesterday relating to this. Also, the main FB account has apparently been deleted now. This profile was created months earlier. So this wasn't done after the shooting. It would be better if you have a FB account if you decide to look at any of this.

Link: www.godlikeproductions.com...

EDIT I forgot this....what makes this bizarre is when you went to the FB account Shelock Bond(it's been deleted or it's temporarily unavalaible now) their profile picture was of someone dressed as the Joker.
edit on 24-7-2012 by curious_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I still think it is a stupid article that is attempting to add to the crazy image of the Holmes guy.
My original point was that the article had no business being written. Non news is suddenly newsworthy? No sense in reporting on something that is absolute speculation. I dont agree with the article at all, I just found it shocking that a major news network would find it worthy of reporting.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Editorials and discursive opinion pieces have been in the media for hundreds of years. The media has always shoveled up every little detail since the dawn of its creation. The only difference between now and the last hundred years is that journalists can publish instantly instead of daily which means a constant barrage of (mostly pointless) information.

Just like the OJ Simpson trial, the next week is going to be speculation galore. (Just the same as ATS oddly)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by curious_soul

cute video about the adventures of Sherlock Bond and James Holmes.... its a couple of 6th graders

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Oh, oh, I think I'm in trouble. I don't have face book or twitter. Hate to think what that makes me in their eyes.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No, this wasn't and isn't about 6th graders or the YT vid. The FB profile "Vin Bond" contained a picture with a guy who looks exactly like the the shooter James Holmes with other people in their late teens or older.(IMO it IS James Holmes in the picture)

I was following this closely on GLP as it was happening yesterday, but i didn't have a FB account and i had to go do something before i could double or tripple check all of this. Then i wake up this morning and see this thread about the CNN article which is actually from yesterday (july 23 19:30 GMT)that was released at EXACTLY the same time this stuff at GLP was going on. You really need to look at all the threads on this that are on GLP.

There is no denying the picture on FB that is under the account Vin Bond, it is what it is(the shooter James Holmes). Something is beyond strange about all of this.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
To be fair, the article did weigh the different perspectives regarding "digital footprints", but it was written in a way that kept bringing it back to no facecrook = antisocial psycho.

I don't really like how the article ends with

With few, if any, conclusions to draw, Rutledge said the most interesting observation about society as a whole may be how surprised we are that the suspect did not use social media. "It's a testimony to how normal participating in the social media world is when we look at the lack of presence as an anomaly," she said. "(We wonder,) 'What's wrong with this guy that he's not at least on Facebook?' "
We? This article has no right to speak for me! Normal=Facebook. So... not normal=everything else?

Plus, it's not like this piece draws any firm conclusions. In fact it concedes the opposite several times. So what is the point of this article, and if it's so nebulous, why isn't it in the opinion section?

edit on 7/24/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add werdz!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Holmes looks mind-controlled and behaves like a victim, too. It's likely considering he was involved in neuro-science research. He behaved just like Anders Breivik; calmly handing himself over to police afterwards.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Except that I am pretty sure he had a Facebook account that was scrubbed after the shooting. That it was found within 20 minutes of his name being released. Perhaps lazy journalism, or "suspect journalism" is more to blame for this article?

As for social media and internet presence...he had that. The fact that they want no full picture emerging before the trial is part of the reason. Last time I was called to Jury Duty, we were instructed to not access the internet to look up details of the case or the accused in order to prevent preconceptions and prejudice clouding our objectivity. After being released from being a potential juror, I did look it up....I could have saved everyone a lot of time and money with a lead pipe and 15 minutes alone with the guy but I digress. Jury selection we due to the crime happening in a small city, it was particularly heinous, had much media coverage as well as the guy being on the run for 7 years and on America's Most Wanted four times.

With that in mind as comparison, Jury Selection for this case will be a nightmare because of how much bigger this story is comparatively. So wiping out his net presence is actually beneficial to the case. But not us that are morbidly curious as to what this guy is all about.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

The problem is not the fact there CNN has misinformation or anything of the sorts.

The problem is, that they are forming the supposed Norm with this, now anyone without Facebook will be suspect and be showing "Anti Social " behavior.

I mean common, so you are not on Facebook means you are Anti Social, sooo in the time period between i dont know First human - 2005, all of humanity was anti social ?

I only use my Facebook as a glorified email, and have been considering deleting it for quite some time, i also don't use Twitter, don't have Youtube account and none of that.

Does that mean im anti social, with possible violent tendencies towards humanity. Am i different from the rest of the connected humanity? i think not.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

wtf... ive always hated facebook and twitter, stuff like that... i know alot of people who dislike it aswell...
Sadly i know alot who spends 60% of their day in there. Also read Anders breivik played wow... Like me, i guess that makes me REALLY INSANE... being a wow player and a social media hater
!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I am getting so sick and tired of this world. So now I am a lunatic and a murderer just because I am smart enough to see that facebook is about data mining? This shows again how society does not accept anyone but SHEEP.
If you are different and have your own opinions then you are a crazy person that should be locked up.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ummm...soooo...like...seriously...like..who's reporting this piece...like..some 17 year old 'heather' with a soar thumb from posting FB updates from her smart phone?

What a stupid statement from CNN.
edit on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join