It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN States Colorado shooter had no Facebook Page, clearly making him disturbed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Link at the bottom, but what a silly, silly article. I know many people without a facebook page, and of course they are normal What kind of world do we live in where if a person wants to avoid meaningless updates and so-called friends they are suddenly a mentally ill outcast? Pathetic reporting!

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: link

edit on 24-7-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

We're sorry! This page is not available. Please visit the CNN homepage or use the search box below.

Your link is not working

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

works now

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Yup, i deleted my facebook and google accounts a long time ago ......... and you know what , i suppose i am a little crazy , but atleast i dont need to see what people eat for lunch and what my friends cat is doing on a daily basis

I feel sorry for James Holmes , he`s clearly been set up , why else would he be sedated in a court of law ? poor guy doesnt even know where he is.

And as for shoddy reporting ....... sky news , and most of the British papers seem to think he`s trying to be the joker ............... with red hair and experience in neurology , and a booby trapped flat - i would have gone for the riddler , but hey , if your gonna make a ballsup of a B.S story , may aswell make it an international clusterfeck

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

Come to think of it, maybe CNN is just upset that they will have to do some REAL reporting in order to get facts, rather than sift through a facebook timeline!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I deleted my FB and Google+ accounts long ago but was forced into creating a FB account recently. There is absolutely nothing on it but in order to use some online services i was required to have a FB account.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of a book by Ben Elton: "Blind Faith" in which he describes a future where your every move, action, thought, etc, is described online. The hero is a rebel who likes some privacy, and is considered a pervert and hunted down for his crimes against society.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I do not have nor ever had a FB page.

I guess that should verify the validity of this theory now.

Being aware about the pros and cons of having a FB, I chose to hold out until almost everyone has abandoned FB like they did Myspace, then I'll join up.

That way I can help some of those part time CIA workers keep their jobs by giving them another "person of interest" to keep track of so they don't cut all the funding to that program. I want to keep jobs in America.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
People still pay attention to CNN ?

hmmm.

I guess we really are screwed.

"Dumbass" is all I need to say to sum it up.

If this moron can make a fortune working for CNN - then anybody with a Crayon can live large.

Edit- I secretly work for CNN thats why I had to edit.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Lol.... I have been accused of secretly working for MSNBC on these forums, (jokingly of course!) right this second that accusation (false as you know) makes me look like a genius compared to CNN!

Really, journalistic integrety has seriously gone out the window, they simply want something to copy paste and they cannot do this if we do not cooperate and get a facebook account!

And since when did social media do anything besides create anti social tendencies and behaviors? To speak of social media as if it is interacting socially is ignorant to say the least. Many studies have been shown saying the exact opposite of what this article states!

edit on 24-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I dont have a facebook either,ive never had any interest in it if i want to contact freinds i use skype or email maybe im just oldschool but thats just how its always been except back in the day it was msn not skype, occasionally il look on someones facebook page and be amazed at the amount of info they are divulging to the world about their lives,it can all be used against you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I have no facebook page, I guess that makes me disturbed.

My granny has mo facebook page either

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Is that you Maddow?

Shes on MSNBC right? I wouldnt know- I dont watch that crap either.. haha.

Just kidding =) ... (about the maddow part not the MSNBC being crappy part)

Yea- there is no such thing as Journalists anymore- cept for in Rolling Stone.
Sad isnt it - When a Rock n Roll magazine posts more truth than the rest of our "media conglomerate" combined?

Sad state of affairs.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because: Cause I said so. I dont make errors.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Maddow? Seriously? Pulease! I am so much cuter! (not that I would know since I do not watch that!)

But what you said is true, the best reporting and highest levels of integrety are coming out of venues that you would never have expected years ago.

At the start of the Iraq war many journalists lost their jobs for speaking against government policy. These other venues are most likely where they went! A writer will always write, a journalist will always report. They do it for love of truth, and not for any other reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

And as for shoddy reporting ....... sky news , and most of the British papers seem to think he`s trying to be the joker ............... with red hair and experience in neurology , and a booby trapped flat - i would have gone for the riddler , but hey , if your gonna make a ballsup of a B.S story , may aswell make it an international clusterfeck

I find this odd as well, implying he is imitating eh Joker, surely if he was smart enough to plan this, booby trap his flat, he would of been smart enough to know the Joker has green hair, not red, can't imagine he went to all that trouble of impersonating the Joker and got the hair colour wrong...

This whole thing smells fishy, something definitely not right about it all, aside for the very tragic circumstances for the victims and their families

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
"It's a testimony to how normal participating in the social media world is when we look at the lack of presence as an anomaly," she said. "(We wonder,) 'What's wrong with this guy that he's not at least on Facebook?' "

Nothing wrong with me and I've never had a Fakebook page.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamerI find this odd as well, implying he is imitating eh Joker, surely if he was smart enough to plan this, booby trap his flat, he would of been smart enough to know the Joker has green hair, not red, can't imagine he went to all that trouble of impersonating the Joker and got the hair colour wrong...

This whole thing smells fishy, something definitely not right about it all, aside for the very tragic circumstances for the victims and their families

To be honest, it feels like a sick attempt at viral marketing for the Batman film. It really feels like that. Why? Because it has no relevance to anything he did, as was already said he didn't even have his hair the right color. Did he just say it as an off-the-cuff remark as he was getting arrested? Doubt it. Why do I doubt it? Because they won't even release his mugshot "for investigative purposes". So why would they reveal what he said "off-the-cuff" when that should be confidential.

Viral marketing. Or an inside sick-joke.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

I did decide to add something of substenance to your thread. According to recent studies:

"there is the proverbial darker side to online social networks. These networks appear to be inhibiting the very skills and abilities they strive to promote. As a result of frequent overuse of such sites, humans are failing to connect and interact with one another in deeper, more meaningful ways required for sustained societal survival."

webpages.csus.edu...(Anti)social%20Networking.pdf

sorry, I do not know why the link is not working!

Therefore, the CNN article goes against any form of actual truth. It makes you normal, rather than psychologically disturbed, to show a preference for human interaction, face to face. I personally do not think others particularly care about my cat, therefore, I do not use facebook. The only time I had a facebook was for the promotion of my website and I was not the person who ran it!
edit on 24-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Doesnt facebook keep all of your messages anyways? And cant everyone see them? If so- How can people get out?

Edit- And I am more than sure you are hotter than maddow. The chic on your avatar is fake- but if she was real- Id say whats up. Might have a problem with the wings though...

edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because:
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Doesnt facebook keep all of your messages anyways? And cant everyone see them? If so- How can people get out?

Edit- And I am more than sure you are hotter than maddow. The chic on your avatar is fake- but if she was real- Id say whats up. Might have a problem with the wings though...

edit on 24-7-2012 by Common Good because:

actually if you delete your account after a certain amount of time everything you posted does in fact disappear. However, it might still be accessible through wayback. Not certain of that.

This is my angelic look....
I do not see why you do not like my wings. I thought it a nice touch!

and when I am not feeling quite so angelic I transform into a wolf, take your pick!
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join