It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's a pretty sad day when the gays, a group who represents the struggle for equal voice and rights, is now powerful enough to shut down those who espouse their traditional Christian viewpoints. Last I knew, religion was protected, too. Yet, they don't believe in a religion which is against their lifestyle so they want to 1) change the Bible's teachings and 2) destroy anyone who prefers to keep the Bible intact.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

I wish that I could give you more than one star.This is something I
would have said if I read this thread earlier.
for you!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thanks for the support. I sometimes wonder just where our collective common sense went.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
It's a pretty sad day when the gays, a group who represents the struggle for equal voice and rights, is now powerful enough to shut down those who espouse their traditional Christian viewpoints. Last I knew, religion was protected, too. Yet, they don't believe in a religion which is against their lifestyle so they want to 1) change the Bible's teachings and 2) destroy anyone who prefers to keep the Bible intact.

What part did you miss that the owner of Chick Fil A has donated 3 million dollars to anti-gay groups such as NOM - - who are on the official hate list of the SPLC?

And BTW - - - just being anti-gay does not qualify a group to be on the hate list. It is their actions - and aggressive propagated lies and blatant misinformation that gets them on the list.

Mr. Cathy can believe whatever he wants. But he is paying people to hate and deny equal rights to a minority group.

NOM was organized for one thing and one thing only - - - stop gays from having the equal right to marry.

He is NOT just a simple loving Christian business man.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by RealSpoke

Modern Christianity is one of the primary causes for all that ails our country today. Not since the time of Hitler has a powerful country seen the rise of such mass cult of hate come to dominate its society at every level.

What do you think society should do to us "modern christians" if we are causing so
many problems? I see you brought up the issue of Hitler as well.Society always has
to have someone to blame for all their problems.In Hitler's time it was the jews who were
blamed.In our modern times it is now the christians who are standing in the way.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

annee, you just don't make sense, your logic is illogical. You keep saying the same things over and over when your first post says the same thing as your last post irregardless of who or what you are responding to. Do you believe the quantity of your posts saying it equates to quality? It doesn't. It equates to redundancy.
Whats worse is you say the same things in almost every thread irregardless of it's topic if it addresses a "gay" issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by Annee

annee, you just don't make sense, your logic is illogical. You keep saying the same things over and over when your first post says the same thing as your last post irregardless of who or what you are responding to. Do you believe the quantity of your posts saying it equates to quality? It doesn't. It equates to redundancy.
Whats worse is you say the same things in almost every thread irregardless of it's topic if it addresses a "gay" issue.

I stopped responding to your nonsense a long time ago.

I wonder why that is?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Which is why my former church started suggesting that members
shouldn't shop there.I don't like being told where I can shop and where
I can't.I like to shop where I can get the best quality for my money.

I will say this...I wish that churches would stay out of politics and stick
to spreading the gospel,praying for others and reading G-d's word.We are
supposed to separate ourselves from this world,not get so involved with it!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Annee

Which is why my former church started suggesting that members
shouldn't shop there.I don't like being told where I can shop and where
I can't.I like to shop where I can get the best quality for my money.

I will say this...I wish that churches would stay out of politics and stick
to spreading the gospel,praying for others and reading G-d's word.We are
supposed to separate ourselves from this world,not get so involved with it!

Yes - - I agree.

I try to keep up with who's Pro Equal Rights and who's Anti Equal Rights.

I try to support those who are Pro Equal Rights - - what ever that Right is.

And of course its not ALL Christians.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Chick-Fil-A's Brand Approval Rating Plummets After Anti-Gay Controversy: REPORT

Posted: 07/30/2012

Chick-fil-A's anti-gay marriage stance has gotten some high-profile support by way of Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin and other conservative lawmakers. But among their longtime customers, it's a much different story.

Polling organization YouGov found that the Atlanta-based chain's brand approval ratings have plummeted in the wake of Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's controversial remarks earlier this month. YouGov also reports that the company's overall consumer brand health among fast food eaters has dropped to its lowest levels since mid-August 2010 in the wake of the media firestorm.

Just before Cathy's interview was published, Chick-fil-A's Index score was 65, well above the Top National Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Sector average score of 46. Just four days later, however, Chick-fil-A's score had fallen to 47, while last week, the chain had a score of 39, compared to the Top National QSR Sector average score of 43.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

why would they want to change the bibles teachings? the bible is not against homosexual same sex marriage or todays homosexuality for that matter. yes i read ALL the verses the fundamentalist extremist MUSLIMS/ Sorry christians use for their own anti-gay agenda. There is no shred or ounce of Jesus being against homosexuality or the bible speaking against homosexual marriage. The Bible intact? Which one? Clearly there is only one ever made. Council of Nicaea anyone?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

why would they want to change the bibles teachings? the bible is not against homosexual same sex marriage or todays homosexuality for that matter. yes i read ALL the verses the fundamentalist extremist MUSLIMS/ Sorry christians use for their own anti-gay agenda. There is no shred or ounce of Jesus being against homosexuality or the bible speaking against homosexual marriage. The Bible intact? Which one? Clearly there is only one ever made. Council of Nicaea anyone?

LOL! Keep telling yourself that.

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
2 successful franchises dissolving a successful partnership in a pissing contest over the sexual preferences of other people.

Thats the corporate leadership thats got america where it is today folks. Feel free to bask in awe at their mighty genius.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
FUNNY

Chick-fil-A Will Give You A Sandwich If You Stop Being Gay

By: Daniel Villarreal - - 7.31.2012 Are you a hungry homo looking for some fowl play? Then print out the coupon below and exchange your gayness for some grub at your local Chick-fil-A. Actually, the coupon is just a gag from a satirical Tumblr for the fake Chick-fil-A Foundation. The Foundation has also authored some hilarious tweets. . . www.gay.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately -- sales still support the Extremism of the owner - - - but I'll take it

Chick-fil-A store breaks with founder to sponsor LGBT Pride

By David Edwards- August 1, 2012

New Hampshire’s only Chick-fil-A restaurant is going against the wishes of chicken chain founder Dan Cathy by pledging to co-sponsor an LGBT Pride Festival in the state.

In a statement on the New Hampshire Pride Festival website, Nashua Chick-fil-A franchise manager Anthony Picolia said he was backing the the event, citing “positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community.”

“It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” Picolia explained. “Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect. We also don’t discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes.”

“I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant. Come to my restaurant and see for yourself that my team and I only have one mission: To serve exceptional experiences to all.”

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
OH MY GOD

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Way to spin the story. So the Jim Hensen faction are the bad guys.

So a lot of Christians seem to believe they can harm others actively or passively, but any "outsiders" that have an issue with that are the ones "bashing".

Crocodile tears..

I think I know where I'll be eating lunch tomorrow!!

You do that, and all the gays will run and buy muppet related goods..

edit on 8/1/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

LOL

A thousand times better then the "twisted" videos of Mr. Cathy I just watched.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To me this is all baloney, and not really an issue of any merit. Tensions in the middle east, rising food prices, economic uncertainty.....at the end of the day the Muppets can bash Chick-fil-A about their beliefs and vise versa.

Until Chick-fil-A discriminates against either a customer or an employee for their homosexuality, all this hype is just filling their restaurants with Christian families. Also, to that rogue store, its brilliant marketing - corporate can't do a thing to that store, and now homosexuals will flock to their restaurant.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join