It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian worker set fire to submarine in Maine so he could leave early, Navy says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

PORTLAND, Maine – A CIVILIAN employee set a fire that caused $400 million in damage to a nuclear-powered submarine because he had anxiety and wanted to get out of work early, Navy investigators said in a complaint filed Monday.

i know sometimes i wish i was home instead of work, but geez....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

If I can't go home early.......I'm going to set the submarine on fire....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, not only did he achieve his goal...he went the extra mile and made sure he wouldn't have to go back to work at all. Now THAT is dedication!

That is just insane!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

i guess thats the old saying,

if youre going to do it, do it right!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Was he Australian? I have a few friends who dropped a spanner in the works so they could cut out early but non can claim to have caused hundreds of millions in damage.
A for effort, but who admits to it? Someone forgot to tell him deny till ya die.

So a civi single handedly took out a US nuclear sub that's a hell of a claim to fame - Team America fook yeah.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
wouldnt put it past a sailor, ive done some very elaborate "panks" to get out of work but still kept my job
never set fire thou thats just??
lack of creativity
edit on 24-7-2012 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Lol, I can't blame him. Why perpetuate terrorist activities.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
He should have just put a plank of wood on his chair with a face drawn on it, works for me when I want to go home early from work. No one can tell the difference as I am senior management.

Perhaps this guy will show up again, maybe in the Darwin awards next time??

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here's his mugshot folks. The Civilian who one handily took out a Nuclear Sub. His handle online is [the__fury]

a poem he wrote

we agreed this city was like a morgue
you said we should liven things up around here
this is red when we paint the walls with fire and pools of cream
this is my mouth with sharp silver teeth and our implausible dream
these are the blues when sung to you by blue lips the likes you've never seen
will the smoke leave us time?
or has someone extinguished your fire?
maybe you'd rather be left behind?
this is how it sells when there is no product in the store
this is how we enter when there are no handles on the door
this is sleep when they remove the warmth from our little house
this is how you glow burning there as quiet as a mouse

edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

that was a hilarious movie and this character was the funniest (especially with his 'stapler' and the last scene after he sets the place on fire)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That's what you get when you make people crappier so as to govern them easily. They tend to suck for everyone, not just to themselves.

Good luck with the world of tomorrow TPTB have planned. Instead of creating company, they are making their least favorite people spread to every corner of the world. Yes they will be great beasts of labor, but when a big problem comes along, the available minds to work it out will be few and far between. That and TPTB no matter how much they like to flatter themselves are not God. They need everyone they can get, not everyone they would like to get. They dont have all the answers and would not have gotten this far on their own.

When people pour ammonia into soft drinks at the factory because they missed reading the label, or give you estrogen instead of antibiotics, you will remember the sort of people that used to walk the earth.

Good luck and HAHA.

edit on 24-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
this intentional sabotage is nothing new, its been going on for decades,the shipyard workers know when they get done with a ship they get laid off because their isnt another ship to start on, so they damage something so they or another worker has something to do,. it works like this , a plumber will go about his job and then when he's alone he pulls out wire cutters and snips away at exposed wires, that way electrician has another day or two of work.electrician will do the same and take a hammer and smash plumbing when they can.In 1963 the USS Threasher, the first nuclear powered attack sub was lost with all hands 129 men , in deep water off the east coast..During its one year drydock retrofit after sea trials many problems were found and had to be intentional sabotage, one was a valve that was stuck, after removing valve it was found a flashlight was inside valve, and it had to be put their by hand ,now way could it have fallen into valve.Its unknown whether worker sabotage caused the loss of USS threaser or not but it may have contributed to the loss..THESE BASTARDS SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH TREASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by madokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madokie
this intentional sabotage is nothing new, its been going on for decades,the shipyard workers know when they get done with a ship they get laid off because their isnt another ship to start on, so they damage something so they or another worker has something to do,. it works like this , a plumber will go about his job and then when he's alone he pulls out wire cutters and snips away at exposed wires, that way electrician has another day or two of work.electrician will do the same and take a hammer and smash plumbing when they can.In 1963 the USS Threasher, the first nuclear powered attack sub was lost with all hands 129 men , in deep water off the east coast..During its one year drydock retrofit after sea trials many problems were found and had to be intentional sabotage, one was a valve that was stuck, after removing valve it was found a flashlight was inside valve, and it had to be put their by hand ,now way could it have fallen into valve.Its unknown whether worker sabotage caused the loss of USS threaser or not but it may have contributed to the loss..THESE BASTARDS SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH TREASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by madokie because: (no reason given)

I agree %100 the man should be charged with treason.... Life in Prison!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
He should not be let out of prison until he has paid for the damages. With interest.

top topics

join