It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World silent as Muslim massacre goes on in Myanmar

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Originally posted by The X
If you answered most or all of these affirmatively, you are a vile Islamophobe and deserve to be beheaded as the Qur'an instructs.

This is absolute nonsense. Answering yes to those questions does not make you an Islamophobe. The Quran does not say to behead people, especially for answering yes to these questions.

So you are saying that there is nothing on that list that could get you beheaded for dis-agreeing with, or, non compliance with under Muslim majority rule?.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So you are saying that there is nothing on that list that could get you beheaded for dis-agreeing with, or, non compliance with under Muslim majority rule?.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Yet another strawman from you. What I am saying is that answering yes to those questions does not make you an Islamophobe (which is another strawman). I think I answered yes to just about every question on there, if not all of them (I need to check again), and I'm a devout Muslim.

And even if a "Muslim majority rule" did behead people for answering yes to these questions, that does not make their actions in line with Islam and what the Qur'an teaches.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No, that's not what I'm saying. Yet another strawman from you. What I am saying is that answering yes to those questions does not make you an Islamophobe (which is another strawman). I think I answered yes to just about every question on there, if not all of them (I need to check again), and I'm a devout Muslim.

And even if a "Muslim majority rule" did behead people for answering yes to these questions, that does not make their actions in line with Islam and what the Qur'an teaches.

Actually it isn't a strawman, i stated that i found that list and was presenting it as a measure of how the people were feeling.
They are feeling that they are in the position they are, and fighting for the control of their country, their fears are grounded in what they can see and of what they know of islam.
That list is presented by them as part of their reasoning for not wanting muslims in their country.
How can there be a "Strawman" in an honest transaction?.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

That list does not make one an Islamophobe. That's why it's a strawman.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hello CoolerAbdullah786 well at least you are letting people know your worries and concerns about these things you have put on the site, and it is nice to see how polite and cool in your postings about the things you mention, even under quite a lot of flack on the posts I have read tonight here, thank you for putting your points of view on here.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by LDragonFire

A few links for you.

Muslim contributions to science

Islamic scientific contributions to civilization

Science in the medieval Islamic world

Muslim contributions to science (not the same as the first link)

Or just do a Google search for "Scientific contributions of Islam"
edit on 23-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

So I read through those web pages, I mean I really read them with an open mind. Here's the thing though, there isn't a whole lot of information on those pages. Even if what the pages claim is true, they are just a bunch of pro-muslim rhetoric stating that they invented stuff, yet there are no facts on some of the pages. It reads as if I am supposed to just believe that muslim poo smells like roses. In short, it sounds like someone has a guilty conscious and trying to desperately come up with "good" things about islam.
What bothers me most about some of the pages here is that it actually says in there that they took the inventions or ideas from other civilizations and then claimed them as their own.
Look I am not trying to rain on your parade, but if you look at the real facts from history, islam is by far the most violent and oppressive style of government that ever existed.
It is no surprise to me that the buddhists are rising up against them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Thanks, Alternative. Your kind words are deeply appreciated. I try my best to keep a level head. I am only human, though. At times I falter. And at times I make mistakes, even in regards to things I post. Who can say they don't? I try to treat others how I want to be treated, with respect and kindness, even if they don't treat me that way.

When my life is over, Allah will judge me for MY actions; not for the actions of others. And "Well so and so was rude to me" will not be an accepted excuse for any negative deeds.

By the way, I think a lot of people could benefit from your "signature"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomguy

Well, Freedomguy, use them as a starting point. Look up other websites, or even better, check out some books on the topic. You will see, with extensive research, that the claims are true. Hell, let me just point out that for instance the word algebra alone is an Arabic word.

islam is by far the most violent and oppressive style of government that ever existed.

I dispute that, especially when you look at the actions of Christianity as a state religion throughout history. But I'm not going to get into a pissing contest of which is, Islam or Christianity? That's nothing but a division tactic.

What I will say is, though, that where Islam has gone wrong throughout history and recently, it has to be weighed if the actions were in accordance with Islamic teaching, which they are not. The same goes for the actions of Christianity throughout history. Comparing the crusades and inquisitions and witch trials, etc. with what the Bible actually teaches you see that the two clash.

We cannot blame Islam for the actions of Muslims, especially when the actions of Muslims go against what Islam teaches.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by The X

That list does not make one an Islamophobe. That's why it's a strawman.

So feeling your country is under attack, by islamists, fearing you are going to lose your country to the medieaval intolerances they bring with them, doesn't make them islamaphobes?.
Why don't you ask them if that list of muslim intolerances being installed as "law" in their country makes them fear islam?.

I think you may have comprehension problems.

i'll get the dictionary definition for you.

"hatred or fear of Muslims or of their politics or culture or customs".

The jist of my original post was to attempt to define what would make a tolerant and peace loving people resort to such violence.

And of course the items on that list are more than just words,or do you fail to see that?, they are threats of violence for dis-agreeing with them.
In some cases on penalty of death.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

But that crap you listed is NOT ISLAM! I am a Muslim and I am opposed to that stuff! That's the point. You are inventing strawmen. Answering yes to those questions you posed does not make one an Islamophobe.

So, no, there is nothing wrong with my comprehension. I could ask you if you there is possibly something wrong with YOURS. I won't do that, though, because I won't be pulled down to your level of utter ignorance. You have illustrated that you have no leg to stand on and that's why you have to throw insults at me in your response. A person who has substance doesn't need lamely attempt to insult someone by questioning their intelligence or comprehension.

So on that note I'm going to be ignoring you from here on out also. I hope one day you learn a little bit of tact when it comes to discussions and debates. Peace be upon you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by The X

But that crap you listed is NOT ISLAM! I am a Muslim and I am opposed to that stuff! That's the point. You are inventing strawmen. Answering yes to those questions you posed does not make one an Islamophobe.

So, no, there is nothing wrong with my comprehension. I could ask you if you there is possibly something wrong with YOURS. I won't do that, though, because I won't be pulled down to your level of utter ignorance. You have illustrated that you have no leg to stand on and that's why you have to throw insults at me in your response. A person who has substance doesn't need lamely attempt to insult someone by questioning their intelligence or comprehension.

So on that note I'm going to be ignoring you from here on out also. I hope one day you learn a little bit of tact when it comes to discussions and debates. Peace be upon you.

How can you say that it is not islam, when you have already negatively implied that under a muslim majority there is stuff on that list that WILL get you killed, if you are not a muslim, and won't live by sharia law?.
I appreciate your effort to discuss such things with such an ignorant dolt as myself.
Namaste.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by aaron2209

I cannot understand how it is when Muslims kill 100's of Christians that never gets anyone post on here or on TV/Radio/News Papers either, lots of Christians were killed days ago by the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East, it never got a mention, maybe we are trying to protect Muslims more are we? I hope not.

I don't read absolutely every thread on this site. I miss many many things as I tend to stick to the "New Topics" feed. Combine that with the time zone in Australia and there is a lot I miss out on and simply don't have the time to read more.

I am protecting no-one. I practice no religion. I have no allegiances to any religion or race.

I am well aware that incidents like this are happening constantly around the world involving every and all religions and race but I don't simply dismiss them because "the other side" is doing the same thing elsewhere. I don't believe in this tit-for-tat rubbish that seems so prevalent in this thread.

I don't understand why it is so hard to condemn an incident without saying "well they started it" or "well *insert religion* does the same thing in *insert country*. it's just childish.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Because, again, the actions of Muslims are not necessarily in line with what is permitted in Islam. In fact there are currently NO "Muslim countries." There may be countries that are run by Muslims but not one of them is a khilafah. Therefore not one of them can even really rule by "Shariah law." In fact, most that do rule by "Shariah law" actually rule by a bastardized corruption of Shariah law that violates Islamic rules in many instances. Even Saudi Arabia is nothing more than an un-Islamic "kingdom."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Muslims are being genocided and most non-muslims don't care.

This is reality unfortunately .

Ironically , the non-muslim silence on these killings only re-affirms the need for a Khalifet .

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
While it appears this sparked off from possible rape and other activities, it did seem to spark off in a huge way, and so wonder why.

I have never hear of Buddhists harming, retaliating before.

So I take it these are citizens, not Buddhist monks or anything, and as such, prone to all the same issues as we are, with retaliation and would have to even wonder, since its not even being reported or acknowledged if its all a staged event, something to bring up more division and more useless senseless karma and harm being spread on the people on both sides, though I am aware the Muslims are the ones suffering the attacks right now.

I wonder how much of the news is real. Is it real even, are the Buddhists really doing this? Are they really practicing buddhists by faith or just born into a buddhist culture?

I pray for people to awaken truly on all sides and realize they're being played like pawns by their leaders and TPTB and even their religious leaders are puppets to this and to never ever harm anyone or control anyone and to not abuse women, ever, never mistreat or force clothing or customs on anyone or treat them as owned, ever, slavery and inequality lead to the worst kind of crimes in the galaxy. Wake up, go within, question it all, ask WHO AM I? And love.

Dear Goodness and Love, may the Spirit of Peace, Love and Truth be with each and every person, man, woman and child, in this crisis, and fill their hearts with Love and Awarness. May they wake up and remember who they are, may they feel and hear the nudging within, and stop the madness of falling into the snares of the enemy. Please help and assist all in need to remember that they came into the world to transform darkness and shine love, and to connect to their real Source and Souls. Wake everyone up, please. May they truly see this isn't the way, and stand still to HEAR THE VOICE OF LOVE WITHIN. Amen!
edit on 24-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Muslims started this, and I wonder how many Buddhist have been killed by Muslims?

"Annihilate Ignorance"

Overture:::::::::::::

The Arab Muslim traders had good contacts with Arakan (Rahambori Island), Burma, Indochina, Indonesia, Malay etc. with their trade and they propagated the religion of Islam in those countries. The arrival of Mohammed Hanif son of Hazarat Ali (R.A) to Arakan is also narrated in a book written in 16th century by Shah Barid Khan named Hanifa O Kaiyapuri.

In 680 AD after the war of ‘Karbala’ Mohammed Hanofiya with his army arrived at Arab-Shah Para, near Maungdaw in the Northern Arakan, while Kaiyapuri, the queen of Cannibals ruled this hilly deep forest attacking and looting the people of Arakan. Mohammed Hanif attacked the Cannibals and captured the queen. She was converted to Islam and married to him. Her followers embraced Islam en masse. Mohammed Hanif and the queen Kaiyapuri lived in Mayu range. The peaks where they lived were still known as Hanifa Tonki and Kaiyapui Tonki. The wild cannibals were tamed and became civilised. Arakan was no more in danger of them and peace and tranquillity prevailed. The followers of Mohammed Hanif and Kaiyapuri were mixed up and lived peacefully.The descendants of these mixed people no doubt formed the original nucleus of the Rohingya Muslims in Arakan.

Thus in Wesali the Arakanese practised Hinduism, Mahayanist form of Buddhism and Islam. The Burmese military regime affirmed in its official book Sasana Ronwas Htunzepho, published in 1997, “Islam spread and deeply rooted in Arakan since 8th century from where it further spread into interior Burma”.Islam developed slowly but surely in natural way. After the advent of Muslim rule in Bengal in 1203, the Muslim population of Arakan increased. Their number grew fast during the Mrauk-U dynasty. There was large scale conversion of Buddhists to Islam during 15th to 18th centuries..

NOW ----------------> “Sabbe Satta Sukhita Bhavantu” (i.e. Let all living beings be in peace and free from danger and fear) The Message of Benign Buddhism ??? Buddhist of Burma ???? ... What had happened to the Ashoka's massive infantry of 400,000, who had slain 250,000 Kalingas in the battle of Kalinga ???? when Ashoka embraced Buddhism, this huge battalion of bloodthirsty army followed him and turned into nature loving, vegetarian, innocent Buddhist monks overnights ..Right ????????? < The Return of the Beast and the developing Dark age >

Sources: rohingyatimes.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Thanks for posting brother

I'm with you.

edit on 24-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by freedomguy

islam is by far the most violent and oppressive style of government that ever existed.

I dispute that, especially when you look at the actions of Christianity as a state religion throughout history. But I'm not going to get into a pissing contest of which is, Islam or Christianity? That's nothing but a division tactic.

What I will say is, though, that where Islam has gone wrong throughout history and recently, it has to be weighed if the actions were in accordance with Islamic teaching, which they are not. The same goes for the actions of Christianity throughout history. Comparing the crusades and inquisitions and witch trials, etc. with what the Bible actually teaches you see that the two clash.

We cannot blame Islam for the actions of Muslims, especially when the actions of Muslims go against what Islam teaches.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

See here is the problem with all that, Christianity and most other western civilized nations forms of religions have closed those chapters of history and are now on the shelf. I am talking about the here and now, in the modern age. There is no place for the selfishness that is being blasted in our faces by the extremists and even subversively by "moderates".
I have read the quran and many books and educated myself on what islam is, and what it is not. If you guys want to be taken seriously then you'll stop the jihads, the extremists, all the subversion and propaganda, and get in line with 21st century standards of living. This isn't 622 CE, it is 2012 AD.
Are you shia or sunni?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The main point illustrated by most of the previous posts seems to be that Christians are taught to turn the other cheek when attacked whereas Muslims are taught to defend themselves against violence.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join