It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World silent as Muslim massacre goes on in Myanmar

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Each and every religion is as self-serving as the next. Take away religion and skin colour and we are all
The same apart from our thoughts, nothing has or ever will come out of religion maybe for some but not all, don't follow anything that was written by the hand, spoken by the mouth as your conscience will lead the way if your not totally f'd in the head...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by LDragonFire

A few links for you.

Muslim contributions to science

Islamic scientific contributions to civilization

Science in the medieval Islamic world

Muslim contributions to science (not the same as the first link)

Or just do a Google search for "Scientific contributions of Islam"
edit on 23-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps you would care to explain why these contributions to the world stopped so long ago?

And maybe explain why it's considered Muslim contributions to science instead of individual humans with exceptional minds that, by the way, also happen to be Muslim?

What are we supposed to do when those of one religion decides to attack those of another religion? This may sound brutal, but if we leave them alone maybe they'll figure out there's no god hanging around to save them. And if they don't figure it out before they kill each other off, then these religious wars will stop, won't they.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok people hang on just a minute here. Stop all the opinions, biases, blames and generalizations. I just want to give you a take of the situation here as i feel it to be true. I'm sorry if anyone else has already said this, but after reading the first page, i couldn't go on and read the rest without first saying what i consider to be the fundamental issue here.

Labels. That's the issue. You're all labeling human beings with one label or another, and that makes them suddenly seem like a finger that's attached to a larger hand, and then suddenly it's not a finger anymore you're talking about. It's the whole hand. But the base reality is, when someone does something, that person alone is responsible for it. Not his religion. not his race, not his country, not ANYTHING that he happens to be a part of.

1) "Three muslims raped and killed a buddhist girl"
2) The buddhists in turn killed 10 muslims.
3) Muslims started to fight back, buddhists kept going at it too.
4) lots of people died.

Everyone who thinks #1 sounds about right, should re-read the motto of ATS. If you didn't notice, it's DENY IGNORANCE. Those muslims in no way are representatives of their belief system, nor did they claim to be. They are in no way clergy men or people with the authority to define the rules of their religion. They did not do this because 'god asked them to' or because 'it says in the Qu'ran that buddhist girls should be raped and killed.' And even if they were all of the above, it still makes absolutely no difference. If you really weren't ignorant, then point #1 would have read as follows:

1) Three men raped and killed a girl. PERIOD.

Blame the men. that's the base reality of it. and that's all there is to it. The people in that area were ignorant enough to attach the label of 'muslims' onto them. Now it's not the three sick men anymore. It's the whole damn religion. and that led to #2, #3 and #4.

If they had enough wisdom to take a non-ignorant view of #1 (like the revised version I typed later), then tell me, would #2, #3 and #4 have even existed? No. and there can be no other answer to that.

But that is how the common people are conditioned. Most Human beings can be conditioned. They are weak. Maybe you should blame them. Maybe you should blame generations over generations of society past. Or maybe you should blame the people who come post their ignorance on a website that is trying to deny ignorance. Not that anyone here is at fault. But you certainly are not denying ignorance labeling people and hence their actions like that. That's as ignorant as the people who started the bloodshed in the first place. And talking about it on their terms is just propaganda encouraging people to take these labels into consideration. THEY SHOULD NOT.

And this has been the issue of every terrorist/religious/racist/fascist violence in the world. So let Osama bin laden say he is only doing the will of his Islamic god. I will NOT hold my muslim neighbor responsible. That is, until he shows his support to that kind of perverted thought, or strikes me as having similar opinions. Even then, it's a war against HIM, and not the WHOLE.

For the record, I do not belong to any religion. I abhor the idea of any organized religion. If anything, I'm biased against the existence of any organized religion. But I'm not stupid enough to jump to attack or blame the religion behind any one person's actions. If anyone is to be blamed, it's the perpetrator of the crime itself. And maybe not even him, because if a child grows up in a certain society, he is almost helplessly molded by it and bound to it. It's a vicious cycle propagated by people who are really clueless about their role in it and are only parroting what they have been taught. All religions started with a noble purpose. The message was lost in time, space, and translation and interpretation. Maybe some people were guilty of leaking poison into the cycle, but they are not the people who raped and killed the girl. They are the unfortunate, unknowing victims.

If a site dedicated to 'deny ignorance' has people taking the same stand and same view as the ignorant people who started the violence in the first place, then there is really no hope. If intelligence, broad-mindedness, wisdom and fairness can not be found in a place dedicated to bring that sort of people together, then this site has lost it's point, and the world has lost it's way.
edit on 24/7/12 by darklord because: to fix typos

link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Yeah Actually I did read what you were responding to.

I guess you didn't read my whole post though. Specifically the part where I said "I don't know why you are trying so hard to legitimize being a muslim. Get over yourself."

Nobody cares what muslims contributed to society. Obviously you have some kind of "muslims against the world" mentality, noted by your shirt and the content of this thread you posted. Get over yourself! Nobody cares that you're a muslim. This whole thread people have posted counter points to other religions being mass murdered (unprovoked, unlike in your example) and the media being silent. which pretty much obliterates your entire point.

If you were really that comfortable with yourself, and your religion, you shouldnt feel the need to so vehemently defend it and its contributions. I dont post threads about non-religious people being massacred, though I'm sure it happens every day. It doesn't matter to me. I dont search for that kind of stuff because I see all people as being the same. Death is death regardless of the religion of those that are dead. So yeah, get over yourself.

link   

Originally posted by benrl
yes but was not the original point that the world is ignoring this BECAUSE its Muslims?

The world ignores many tragedies as I pointed out, its not because its Muslim, its one of many unreported crimes, as I pointed out.

so your contention of

Now if this were any other group would it be widely ignored? I doubt it. There would at least be a few high-profile bleeding heart Hollywood celebs who would try to inform the public about the cause (see Richard Gere and Tibet) or do a benefit or something.

has been disproved

I can appreciate that and I see where I was wrong in that claim. I rescind that part of my OP. Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion

No I read what you posted also. But if you did read the thread and knew I was responding to someone's lie that Muslims contributed nothing to science, math, and art, then that says to me you ignored it and just wanted to come on here and attempt to demean me and stick out your chest while proclaiming that I am the arrogant one.

Then you come and keep telling me to get over myself? Honestly both of your replies have been utterly pointless and clearly only aimed at attempting to ridicule me. Not gonna work. Your ad hominems don't affect me in the least bit. Since you have nothing constructive to add I think I'll just ignore you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

lie that Muslims contributed nothing to science, math, and art,

Hey we got to the moon on the back of Nazi science.

My point advancement does not equal any kind of moral right, I always wonder why Muslims are always quick to point out their contributions.

Again it strikes me as HEY, NO WE DO GOOD! does thou protest too much type of situation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A threat to one's self literally means just that: If you are in danger of being killed or say fired from your job or run out of town, etc. because you are a Muslim then you can hide that fact.

See to me that is just wrong... but I guess that is just a cultural thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, again, I pointed it out in response to someone claiming that Muslims contributed nothing to science, math, and art. I merely did it to correct a lie.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So one occasion of alleged rape merits the massacre of innocent Muslims who had nothing to do with it? Or the hypothetical murder of Buddhists throughout history at the hands of Muslims justifies the actions of these Buddhists in Myanmar? A "tu quoque" argument is a logical fallacy.

Sounds to me like you would also argue for the Rosewood massacre.

Tell your muslim brothers to learn to behave with females and maybe this problems will dissapear. I know there is nice muslisms but I am tired of the not so few unenlightened animals that comes to Sweden and rapes people based on their strange views of females. And stupid priests that do not tell the assholes that they deserve to burn in hell for what they have done. If you do not rise up for what is right then the stupidety will continue and you will get these stupid situations and innocent muslism will get in trouble for your lack of standing up for what is right.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion

You are lying. I didn't specifically search anything out. Someone had posted this on FB and I saw it and decided to share it. But continue to pretend to know what I do and why I do things. Keep bringing up the shirt that the guy is wearing in my avatar as if that matters.

BTW that's not me in my avatar picture. All you are doing is attempting to insult me and provoke me so you can say, "See! Look at the violent Muslim." It's not going to happen. This is my last response to your absolute garbage. Perhaps you need to get over yourself? Food for thought.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

First of all non-Muslims are responsible for alot more death and destruction if you want to start comparing.

I read on some article today that India is the worst rated country when it comes to dealing with women, again non-muslims.

So what is your point exactly?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklord
Labels. That's the issue.

1) Three men raped and killed a girl. PERIOD. Blame the men. that's the base reality of it.

Excellent points which in my opinion all support the fact that religion has a hidden agenda that is used as a mask to hide behind while horrendous crimes are being committed.

Jihad, Inquisition, Holy wars, all nothing more than labels used to confuse and hide the real motives behind religious criminals.

It's all just another disguise for hoodlums to hide behind while getting away with murder etc.

Originally posted by Murgatroid
The Illuminazi terrorists have used lies and propaganda to cause the world to believe that Religion is the cause of wars and death. In reality THEY are the ones are the ones behind the scenes manipulating ALL world events.

They are ALSO the creators of ALL the false religions which they use to blame it all on.

Originally posted by forklift
First of all non-Muslims are responsible for a lot more death and destruction if you want to start comparing.

Atheism, Communism, Religion, etc its all part of the same evil agenda with the same goals and the same people behind it all:

Nobody has died because of religion. When people "kill in the name of religion," they're actually going against what religion teaches.

A man could claim to be killing in the name of Mickey Mouse -- but that is a bad reflection on the man, not on Mickey Mouse.

Atheist Communist regimes, meanwhile, have killed over 100 million of their own people (and that's a conservative number) in just the last 100 years.

They didn't do it in the name of atheism, precisely, but their killing is not going against what atheism teaches. Because atheism, in essence, teaches nothing. Whenever atheism has been installed as the Official State Religion, the state in question has always given itself permission to do unspeakable things. Always.

When God is not, as Dostoyevsky wrote, anything is permitted.

Link

Atheists kill people in such vastly greater numbers than any religion EVER

edit on 24-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So one occasion of alleged rape merits the massacre of innocent Muslims who had nothing to do with it? Or the hypothetical murder of Buddhists throughout history at the hands of Muslims justifies the actions of these Buddhists in Myanmar? A "tu quoque" argument is a logical fallacy.

Sounds to me like you would also argue for the Rosewood massacre.

To be honest mate, you are not there, i am not there, neither of us understand the truth of the situation, to come all out and deny muslims were not responsible, without knowing the facts first hand, is a rather indolent thing to do.
And the murder of Buddhists by muslims is not "Hypothetical".
As for implying the poster you are referring to would be at ease with the murder of blacks has covert implications.

something i do know is this, Buddhist are not easily given to violence, to get them enraged to the point of a mass uprising, and to be murdering others, ANY others, race or religion aside,they must be reacting with clean heart felt intentions, these people are normally peaceable.
Intention is everything, for them to even consider something as awful as this, they must be sure of there intentions, they wouldn't behave like this if they had a single doubt as to their motives.
What does it serve (Certainly not "God" of any kind) to reduce time and time again peoples of countries in which Muslims have "Settled" to having to fight you for what has ALWAYS been theirs.

Doesn't the koran tell you to abide by the laws and customs of foreign lands if you live there?.

THESE LINKS ARE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.
PLEASE USE DISCRETION.
DO NOT CLICK *ANY* OF THE LINKS IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED.

!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!!!!!
###SNIPPED###

I found this in the last link and it is quite telling as to the attitudes the Buddhists are expressing, not all of them are feeling like this, but, the majority are feeling pressured, they have small populations, and the abuses against them have been increasing, if the research i have done is to be believed, they are really in a state of increasing desperation and panic at the illegal influx of muslims.

Are you an Islamophobe? Here is a simple test.

Do you favour equal rights and treatment of women and men?

Do you oppose stoning of women accused of adultery?

Do you favor mandatory education of girls everywhere?

Do you oppose slavery and child prostitution?

Do you support complete freedom of expression and the press?

Do you support the right of an individual to worship in her chosen religion?

Do you oppose government- and mosque-supported anti-Semitic publications, radio, TV and textbooks?

Do you oppose the wearing of burqas in public places, schools and courts?

Do you oppose segregation of the sexes in public places and houses of worship?

Do you oppose the death penalty for non-Muslims and Muslims who convert to another religion?

Do you oppose “honor” killings?

Do you oppose female genital mutilation?

Do you oppose forced sexual relations?

Do you oppose discrimination against homosexuals?

Do you support the right to criticize religion?

Do you oppose polygamy?

Do you oppose child marriage, forced or otherwise?

Do you oppose the quranic mandate to kill non-Muslims and apostates?

Do you oppose the addition of sharia courts to your country’s legal system?

Do you disagree with the quran which asserts the superiority of Islam to all other religions?

If you answered most or all of these affirmatively, you are a vile Islamophobe and deserve to be beheaded as the Qur'an instructs.

It seems it is not just this one incident, these people are having their country systematically removed from them.
No "Religion", no matter how intolerant, has the right to do this.

I look forward to your links.
edit on 24-7-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: LINKS REMOVED BY STAFF

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
If you answered most or all of these affirmatively, you are a vile Islamophobe and deserve to be beheaded as the Qur'an instructs.

This is absolute nonsense. Answering yes to those questions does not make you an Islamophobe. The Quran does not say to behead people, especially for answering yes to these questions.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by D0ntTreadonMe

How did this post get removed from extreme T&C violation, but the post it was in response to didn't?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by apushforenlightment

First of all non-Muslims are responsible for alot more death and destruction if you want to start comparing.

I read on some article today that India is the worst rated country when it comes to dealing with women, again non-muslims.

So what is your point exactly?

Normal avoidence of taking responsability within a group. Muslisms are always the victims even when muslisms behave like animals. Look in the mirror of the muslim culture and evolve it so that your actions do not cause unwanted backlash from other cultures. I wished muslism as a group had the higherst moral highground but your group do unfortunatly not and is caught up in duality views with everyone that is different than you. The world would be a very different place if you where the example that we should follow to find the nature of reality and harmony. Maybe one day if Sufism or something similar becomes the standard muslim way.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Well, again, I pointed it out in response to someone claiming that Muslims contributed nothing to science, math, and art. I merely did it to correct a lie.

I'm sorry, but it is (not so much a lie) a misdirected credit. Muslims didn't contribute to science, math, and art. Intelligent people did. If these people were born in a christian country, they still would have used their minds for the benefit of mankind. I'll even go so far as to say that the Chinese, or the Brits, or the Canadians can't be applauded for advances and inventions when the people that personally made these advances and inventions would have done so if they had all lived in different countries that also gave them the opportunity to use their minds.

We need to praise humans a little more, and religions and regions a little less. Christianity (or any other religion) doesn't make a man brilliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join