It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World silent as Muslim massacre goes on in Myanmar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
to put it plainly..........violence sucks. this just shows that all extremist religious people are 100%, undeniably, NUTS.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

you are killing this thread good sir...........i meant that in a good way.......huh.....that may not have come out right.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

you are killing this thread good sir...........i meant that in a good way.......huh.....that may not have come out right.

I got it lol, Facts tend to do that.

But really we all have our own Information bias, its just human nature, I have to admit it was the reason those reports stuck out in my head about the attacks on Christians, because I read up on that Issue.

The op is just showing his own information bias, again human nature to automatically focus on what your interested and ignore the same thing out side of your area of interest.
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

sometimes it can be very difficult to view things objectively and not jump to conclusions about subjects that are very personal. everybody struggles with that from time to time.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
to put it plainly..........violence sucks. this just shows that all extremist religious people are 100%, undeniably, NUTS.

I see it as just ordinary people just like you and me who have been horribly brainwashed the same as anyone else in any other mind control cult.

We ALL are guilty of being deceived.

I see the Nations the same way, the problem lies with those in CONTROL.

I am SICK of those who are afraid of naming names and are afraid of even calling them TPTB.

Its a satanic cult called the Illuminati and they want all of us dead. PERIOD...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by aaron2209

I cannot understand how it is when Muslims kill 100's of Christians that never gets anyone post on here or on TV/Radio/News Papers either, lots of Christians were killed days ago by the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East, it never got a mention, maybe we are trying to protect Muslims more are we? I hope not.

oh! would you explain more how brotherhood killed christians or why it did that?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by LDragonFire

A few links for you.

Muslim contributions to science

Islamic scientific contributions to civilization

Science in the medieval Islamic world

Muslim contributions to science (not the same as the first link)

Or just do a Google search for "Scientific contributions of Islam"
edit on 23-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

I lose all respect for people that post stupid # like this. Its nothing less than bigotry. "Oh look what (insert your cultural ID here) did to contribute throughout history!!" Get a life man. People from all walks of life have contributed in some way. Why the # does it matter what race/religion/background the people are? This is arrogance and bigotry at its finest.

You will never see me posting about what any group that I belong to has accomplished throughout history. Thats because I don't claim membership to any group. Be an individual for crying out loud. You didn't do none of that #, yet you speak about it like "oh muslims did this, this, and that, and I'm a muslim so I'm better than him, her, and them." This is another reason why religions fail. When masses of ignorant folks see people in groups, it becomes "us vs. them" and they kill people in groups. Just ridiculous that you're trying so hard to legitimize being a muslim. Nobody gives a # about you bro! Get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The report seems a bit off but who knows. As far as I've heard, Muslim on Hindu/buddhist violence is much more common. The multi-centered god concept in Hinduism doesn't bode so well in Islam it would seem.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
This thread is not fair by any means.
First of all,

-During the clashes, both Rakhine Buddhists and Muslims, 79 persons in total, were killed and many injured.

why making this into a dramatic "muslim massacre"? Even if the official sources are playing down the event, to me it still looks like losses on both sides. Or you want to say that the muslims didn't react at all to the attacks?

Secondly, I understand that muslims are a minority in that country; like any other minority in non-democratic countries, they are probably not very loved or treated equally. I would expect rape to rise some unpleasant consequences for themselves. So again, why putting this under the religion tag? The clashes didn't started because of religion, but because of rape.

And finally, the part that I see most unfair is why a young, educated person like the OP feels the loyalty and the need to defend a religion so problematic and obviously violent. Why this need of muslim people to define themselves by their religion, no matter where they live in the world and which country they belong to. I mean, nobody posted about "christians" massacre in Aurora, but about people, or american citizens. People usually identify themselves by the country they belong to, and only after that by their religion. But every muslim I saw here was first a muslim, and only secondary a citizen of some country. And as muslims, they feel like criticizing one you attack all of them, and their religion too.
You know, we are first people, and only after that believers. And as people we are good, and bad, and stupid, and great; all of us together. Is not the religion who made us; WE MADE RELIGION. If you will consider this for only a moment, maybe you will start to see all people as people, not as muslims - and the rest of the world.

It's not fair what is happening over there, not for muslims nor for buddhists, and it's not fair that we take that and twist it to serve some personal religious agenda.
edit on 24-7-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

and it is not fair that USA wants it's radical arabs in the mideast to support terrorists in the Syria to make a massacre and then decides for Syrian people by the excuse of that !
edit on 24-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I think most are unaware of the violent Buddhists. They imagine them all as Monks carefully walking around ants so as not to kill them.

I don't know much about them, but when I lived in Tacoma, WA there was a violent gang of Buddhists that were know on the streets. That was the first I'd heard of violence linked to Buddhists.

Buddhists vary as much as the Muslims do, from peace loving to Terrorists.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by maes9

wow! would you name the attacks of muslims against christians and burning them I am not aware really.

Nigeria is a hot bed of Anti-Christian activities by the local Muslims, fire bombing of churches etc, hardly gets reported.

Nigeria: The Islamic extremist group Boko Haram attacked two more Nigerian churches on Sunday, June 10, the second such attack in two weeks. A suicide car bomber killed two and injured 40 others in an attack on Christ’s Chosen Church of God in Plateau state, and gunmen killed at least two other Christians in an attack on a church in Borno state.

It's not PC to report such things and the PC Patrol has control of most of the media and many peoples minds. That both Muslims and Buddhists could have violent radical factions is beyond their chosen definition of this world. They want everything to fit into a tidy little box.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Buddhists vary as much as the Muslims do, from peace loving to Terrorists.

exactly, religion is just the mask for human nature, oh its just those fanatics...

If all religion was gone tomorrow you would have the Atheist fighting the Agnostics, or it would be race, or social class.

Humans need an excuse, there is none other than human nature.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Also there is the whole belief called Taqiyya, which basically says a Muslim can lie to any non-mulim about his beliefs in order to protect the faith.

But that's not what Taqiyya is precisely. Taqiyya is telling people you are not a Muslim if your life/livelihood would be in danger as a result. It does not mean saying you aren't a Muslim or deceiving people in order to kill them (like people like Lonewolf love to falsely claim it is). I'll be the first to admit though that it's not just Islamophobic Westerners who misuse the term "taqiyya." The blame also lies with extremists who use Islam to justify their violence. They misuse the term in order to mislead impressionable youths and to further their cause.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Can someone honestly tell me WHY Islam is called the "religion of peace"?

That's simple, because the word Islam means both peace and submission (al-salama: to be at peace; to submit).

And Islam is not just a religion. Religion is a mistranslation of the word "Deen." Deen actually means "culture" or "way of life." It comes from the same root as the word "dunya" which refers to this life that we live, this world.

I am not deceived by anything. (And please do not take offense if my words sound curt. I am not trying to be disrespectful. Tone doesn't translate well in type.) I do not simply follow what people say Islam is. I go by what learned scholars, both modern and of antiquity, said and I do the research into the Qur'an and see how it stacks up.

I know a lot of Islam is compromised by fake Sheikhs and extremists who are corrupting it for their own ends. Insha'Allah I will one day make a post about that (especially regarding the Saudi Royal family and their promotion of Salafism).

And I agree. Allah is love. One of His al-asma ul-husnaa (beautiful names) is al-Wadud (The Source of Love).

Thank you for your response. I think it started out a bit shaky, but as it went on I believe you had the best intention with it and that's what God judges us on, our intentions.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The point is like with the bible the Quran is open to many interpretations, even scholars of it argue among themselves about what certain things means.

He is simply taking it to its logical conclusion, say for if the Qur'an teaches that if your life is in danger you can Lie, than what constitutes danger?

See As a christian that is disturbing to us, because Our God, does not allows us to lie, a Christian Martyr is far different than say a Muslim one, a true christian will walk into death proclaiming their God.

There was the case recently in columbine shooting where they asked the girl if she believed in Christ, She took the bullet rather than deny her god.

So you can see why the deception the Qur'an allows rings all kinds of alarm bells for Christians..

SO what constitutes a threat to self? would it be the truth about the Qur'an getting out to the masses that have already been taught to be concerned of Muslim extremest?

Ask the Jews how an entire race or government suspecting something about them turns out...

So not to derail the thread, just answering your post.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
So again, why putting this under the religion tag? The clashes didn't started because of religion, but because of rape.

Yes, but only Muslims are being targeted because it was allegedly Muslims that committed the initial rape. The clash didn't start because of religion but a few alleged Muslims committed a rape and so the Buddhists started targeting Muslims and slaughtering them. It became a religious clash

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by aaron2209

I cannot understand how it is when Muslims kill 100's of Christians that never gets anyone post on here or on TV/Radio/News Papers either, lots of Christians were killed days ago by the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East, it never got a mention, maybe we are trying to protect Muslims more are we? I hope not.

So then post about it. If no one is posting about it then post about it and pass the word on, just like I did. If any religious group is being persecuted and slaughtered by another it is absolutely horrendous and I'll be the first to speak out against it. But don't just complain that it's not being reported on. Report on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So then post about it. If no one is posting about it then post about it and pass the word on, just like I did. If any religious group is being persecuted and slaughtered by another it is absolutely horrendous and I'll be the first to speak out against it. But don't just complain that it's not being reported on. Report on it.

yes but was not the original point that the world is ignoring this BECAUSE its Muslims?

The world ignores many tragedies as I pointed out, its not because its Muslim, its one of many unreported crimes, as I pointed out.

so your contention of

Now if this were any other group would it be widely ignored? I doubt it. There would at least be a few high-profile bleeding heart Hollywood celebs who would try to inform the public about the cause (see Richard Gere and Tibet) or do a benefit or something.

has been disproved, Anything else and we really are going off topic

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion

I lose all respect for people that post stupid # like this. Its nothing less than bigotry. "Oh look what (insert your cultural ID here) did to contribute throughout history!!"

My heart is broken that you don't respect me. /sarcasm

Before you tell me to "get a life" perhaps you should go back and actually read and you might understand why I posted it. It was in response to someone else claiming that Muslims never contributed anything to science or math or art.

I never once said that other groups have never contributed. So, again, before you go on the offensive and start throwing out false claims of arrogance and bigotry and insulting me by telling me to get a life, how about you actually try and read first. OK? Then you wouldn't come across as arrogant yourself and ignorant.

And if you have nothing even remotely constructive to add to the thread why even comment? Do you need to be the center of attention or something?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, see, that's the point, though. While a Muslim can deny they are a Muslim in order to preserve their life and/or the life of their family, Muhammad also taught that it was still better to proclaim the truth.

I think the "deception" only rings all kind of alarms because it's a concept that they don't understand. God doesn't want us to be slaughtered for our beliefs. God wants us to live.

A threat to one's self literally means just that: If you are in danger of being killed or say fired from your job or run out of town, etc. because you are a Muslim then you can hide that fact. If admitting you are a Muslim would make your life extremely difficult you are free to deny it. But it's better to be honest and admit your faith.

I'm sorry but I don't see the scandal in that. And I think that it is at least somewhat of a bias against Islam that makes people think that a concept such as that is scandalous.

As I said I believe the reason why most Christians/Westerners have a problem with taqiyya is not because of the actual definition of it, but because of the misunderstanding of it that is promoted by both fundamentalist anti-Islam Christians and Muslim extremists. They think it means lying about being a Muslim so that you can commit acts of terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join