It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World silent as Muslim massacre goes on in Myanmar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Please people, can we see people as human beings and not Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.? Killing of Muslims in Myanmar is as atrocious an act as killing of non-Muslims anywhere else. No cause is so great as to take a human life for it.

Definitely seeing is not believing these days. We have to really seek out the facts. We have seen many youtube videos and facebook posts on Muslims being massacred. If it is the truth, no doubt it has to be condemned and stopped at all cost. But it is all true? Read these for the other side of the story.

cosmicstories.wordpress.com...

wontharnu.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

That is very true, any religion can be extreme in their beliefs as well as their actions to another religion. This is why I have a love/hate relationship with religion in general.

Feel free to worship as you please, but once it starts to invade anothers personal space its time to call it the day.

I wish i could say that this deserves the attention globally that it needs...only...I'd be lieing if I said this one tragic incident was unique in a world full of tragic incidents.

None the less, this type of slaughter is unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

CMIIW, but Myanmar is a very represive state. If you have a military junta as a national government, human right violations are to be expected. You definitely have heard of Aung San Su Kyi, did you?

And moslems in Myanmar are minorities. They must have experienced this since long time ago, were they trying to rise against the state. I might mistake, but there is a bigger chance to this that the killings were condoned by the military government rather than any other factions in that country.

You of course also know what a junta government means? No democracy whatsoever for civilians. The state is ruled by the "board of generals". They elect the head of the army to serve as the head of the state aswell. Civilians has no political rights whatsoever, they are subjected as 2nd class citizens beneath the military personels. No precidency, no parliment, no supremecourt (only a militay court), no public election, no free press, not even a political party is present in Myanmar.

Consider no free press, you will never hear any of this if it was not supposed to be known to the (moslem) world. CMIIW, but I smell high octane conspiracy in this.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

actually its british colonialism that's to blame

Actually it isn't!

The only people to blame are the people who commit the acts - they have a choice.

The Burmese have been running their own affairs for nearly 65 years - any failings in their society are solely down to the Burmese themselves.

It is far too easy and PC, (yet satisfies long held bigotry and hatred), to blame Britain rather than apportioning blame where it is belongs; those who commit the acts and those who allow it ti happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

While I would typically agree with you here, I would tend to invoke Mazlow here as a caveat.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

These people are being persecuted no doubt. But why is your frustration being aimed solely at the west? as if we have an obligation to sort out all the world's problems. Where is the muslim condemnation of what is taking place there? What are the major powers in the region doing about it? China, India and Thailand ect, it is their backyard after all..

Myanmar would respond better to pressure from their neighbours than they will from the west.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
al-Ghazali is the reason for the downfall of science, math and other cultural society from the Muslim world.

That's not true in the least bit. Your link does not back up your claim that al-Ghazali caused the downfall of science 1000 years ago in the Islamic world.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Funny how when someone brings up Muslims being massacred it has to be pointed out what is being done in other countries as if that changes or justifies what is happening in Myanmar. This is a "tu quoque" argument and is completely off-topic.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Muslims killing Christians

www.agi.it...

and some more, I notice your silence on this issue

This one also
www.jihadwatch.org...

I can go on and on...and on...and...
www.christianpersecution.info...

But hey, whats the point

LMAO. I'm not silent on this at all. It's just not the topic of THIS thread. Start a topic on it and I'll gladly weigh in on it. But don't try to play the whole "Hmm the Muslim doesn't talk about Muslims killing other people so he must endorse it" b.s.

You are barking up the wrong tree. You don't know me and you can't stereotype me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

These people are being persecuted no doubt. But why is your frustration being aimed solely at the west? as if we have an obligation to sort out all the world's problems. Where is the muslim condemnation of what is taking place there? What are the major powers in the region doing about it? China, India and Thailand ect, it is their backyard after all..

Myanmar would respond better to pressure from their neighbours than they will from the west.

My frustration isn't aimed solely at the West. But if it seems that way it's because I live in the West. Awareness has to start at home. As my headline states, "The WORLD is silent." That's the problem.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

actually its british colonialism that's to blame

Actually it isn't!

The only people to blame are the people who commit the acts - they have a choice.

The Burmese have been running their own affairs for nearly 65 years - any failings in their society are solely down to the Burmese themselves.

It is far too easy and PC, (yet satisfies long held bigotry and hatred), to blame Britain rather than apportioning blame where it is belongs; those who commit the acts and those who allow it ti happen.

good heavans!
i forgot the PC $hite Guv, cheers

it's the east india company and the Bengal administration

British colonial rule

Due to Arakan being scarcely populated by the time they occupied it, British policy encouraged Bengali inhabitants from adjacent regions to migrate into fertile valleys of Arakan as agriculturalists. The East India Company extended the Bengal administration to Arakan, thus there was no international boundary between Bengal and Arakan, and no restrictions on migration between the regions. In the early 19th century, thousands of Bengalis from the Chittagong region settled in Arakan seeking work opportunities.[23] In addition, thousands of Rakhine people from Arakan also settled in Bengal.[24][25]

The British census of 1891 reported 58,255 Muslims in Arakan. By 1911, the Muslim population had increased to 178,647.[26] The waves of migration were primarily due to the requirement of cheap labor from British India to work in the paddy fields. Immigrants from Bengal, mainly from the Chittagong region, "moved en masse into western townships of Arakan". To be sure, Indian immigration to Burma was a nationwide phenomenon, not just restricted to Arakan. Historian Thant Myint-U writes: "At the beginning of the 20th century, Indians were arriving in Burma at the rate of no less than a quarter million per year. The numbers rose steadily until the peak year of 1927, immigration reached 480,000 people, with Rangoon exceeding New York City as the greatest immigration port in the world. This was out of a total population of only 13 million; it was equivalent to the United Kingdom today taking 2 million people a year." By then, in most of the largest cities in Burma, Rangoon (Yangon), Akyab (Sittwe), Bassein (Pathein), Moulmein, the Indian immigrants formed a majority of the population. The Burmese under the British rule felt helpless, and reacted with a "racism that combined feelings of superiority and fear." [27]

The immigration's impact was particularly acute in Arakan, one of less populated regions. In 1939, the British authorities, who were wary of the long term animosity between the Rakhine Buddhists and the Rohingya Muslims, formed a special Investigation Commission led by James Ester and Tin Tut to study the issue of Muslim immigration into the Rakhine state. The commission recommended securing the border; however, with the onset of World War II, the British retreated from Arakan.[28]
en.wikipedia.org...

and please get over your lack of
any kind of responsibility for past actions
of great britain that may have contributed
to the high standard of living you currently enjoy
at the expense of the Burmese
edit on 24-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Now if this were any other group would it be widely ignored? I doubt it.

Propaganda. How many christians were butchered in Sudan, Nigeria and other african nations that the media didn't bother to report? What about in Alexandria Egypt or Lebanon that used to be a christian nation and is now muslim? If 1 muslim or jew dies the whole world hears about it, but if christians die no one gives a fart in the wind. Don't spout this crap at me i know better. The Islamic war machine is on jihad in Africa. You don't hear much about this in the west so as not to offend muslim for ratting out their nefarious deeds

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire[/url]

i agree muslims should be slaughtered. Im very happy that we have troops in islamic countries killing 100 000s of 'innocent' civilian muslims. It is there own fault were killing them.
A small group of muslims crashed in to our buildings. So why shouldn't we go over there and massacre them. What right do they then have to defend themselves from our militarizes.Its not like that by us being over there would some how drive more of them to extreme views or anything. Don't they realize were there to help them become free...of there oil?
Also how dare they have a different culture and set of beliefs. #ing bastards .

Hey does myanmar have oil? because they might need our help there to.

ETA: remember support the troops not the war! Because we all know that they were forced in to the military as the USA has had a draft since 9/11
edit on 24-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
They are not Buddhists.

The first rule in being Buddhist is don't hurt living things.

Unfortunately they will probably call themselves Buddhist which pisses me off.

They need to sit down and talk to the Dalai Lama he needs to put them straight or Ram Bahadur Bomjon. they will put there twisted teaching of Buddha straight.

The same could be said about about any religion/ideology/belief system.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by LDragonFire[/url]

i agree muslims should be slaughtered. Im very happy that we have troops in islamic countries killing 100 000s of 'innocent' civilian muslims. It is there own fault were killing them.
A small group of muslims crashed in to our buildings. So why shouldn't we go over there and massacre them. What right do they then have to defend themselves from our militarizes.Its not like that by us being over there would some how drive more of them to extreme views or anything. Don't they realize were there to help them become free...of there oil?
Also how dare they have a different culture and set of beliefs. #ing bastards .

Hey does myanmar have oil? because they might need our help there to.

ETA: remember support the troops not the war! Because we all know that they were forced in to the military as the USA has had a draft since 9/11
edit on 24-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

Could I ask you just one question, just one.

Are you serious or being sarcastic?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The world was silent before when Islamic Militants were committing crimes. It works both ways. Nobody is innocent these days. Tortures and Crime committed by Muslims in Kashmir.

Link - ! Graphic !
Link 2 - ! Graphic !
edit on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It's not propaganda. It's fact. If there are atrocities against Christians being ignored then enlighten people! Make your own post about it. Don't whine when I make a post about this and bring up an issue that is widely ignored.

And there is no "Islamic war machine" in Africa. You wanna come here and label things "propaganda"? Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Again, no one is claiming that self-proclaimed Muslims don't commit atrocities. When they do, they are in the wrong also. Still, you are promoting a tu quoque argument. Why can't you condemn the massacre against Muslims?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by hp1229

Again, no one is claiming that self-proclaimed Muslims don't commit atrocities. When they do, they are in the wrong also. Still, you are promoting a tu quoque argument. Why can't you condemn the massacre against Muslims?
Condemn and do what? Achieve what? My point is that its a two way street. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

No, it's not "you reap what you sow." That's the most jacked-up interpretation of that saying. Reap what you sow means that if you PERSONALLY do something then you will get back what you deserve. Reap what you sow does NOT mean that innocent civilians should be murdered because some asshole with a bomb strapped to his chest who blows up a bus in a country that they don't even live in.

If that's the case then White people can never complain when a tragedy befalls them because of James Holmes, or the enslavement of Africans or the genocide of the Natives of this country. I mean hey, according to you, "You reap what you sow." And by your definition of it it applies to anyone who is a member of a same demographic as you.

If something horrible happens to a group of Christians then it's because Christians slaughtered people in the Crusades. "You reap what you sow."

That's how ignorant you sound saying that. Now let's see you start moving the goalposts and specially pleading as to how they aren't comparable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join