learn more

World silent as Muslim massacre goes on in Myanmar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

This has got to be one of the most ignorant post I have read today on ATS...and that really says something. I would laugh, if ignorance such as this didn't contribute to wars, and mass suffering around our world.

Here are some links, and examples for you to digest(though I am almost sure you won't even bother).

However, maybe my response to your lack of knowledge will help to educate a few others out in "Cyberland".

The Islamic world made important advances in science, such as in algebra, chemistry, geology, spherical trigonometry, etc. which were later also transmitted to the West.

Here is a quick overview for you...Now for some specifics.

Stefan of Pise translated into Latin around 1127 an Arab manual of medical theory.

Medical sciences were highly developed in Islam as testified by the Crusaders, who relied on Arab doctors on numerous occasions. Joinville reports he was saved in 1250 by a “Saracen” doctor.

You can directly link modern medical advances to the islamic world, which was down right amazing...especially compared to the filthy, and barbaric practices in the medieval European world.

The method of algorism for performing arithmetic with Indian-Arabic numerals was developed by the Persian al-Khwarizmi (hence the word “Algorithm”) in the 9th century, and introduced in Europe by Leonardo Fibonacci (1170–1250).

"Most early algebra works in Europe in fact recognized that the first algebra works in that continent were translations of the work of al-Khwärizmï and other Islamic authors. There was also some awareness that much of plane and spherical trigonometry could be attributed to Islamic authors".

As well as just about all of what we today consider "mathematics".

These scholars were interested in ancient Greek philosophical and scientific texts (notably the Almagest) which were not obtainable in Latin in Western Europe, but which had survived and been translated into Arabic in the Muslim world.

You can also thank the muslim world for preserving much of our own history.

One of the most important scientific works to be translated was Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen)'s Book of Optics (1021). Alhazen's book was notable for his early use of an experiment based scientific method, in which he developed a theory of vision and light which built on the work of the Roman writer Ptolemy (but which rejected Ptolemy's theory that light was emitted by the eye, insisting instead that light rays entered the eye), and was the most significant advance in this field until Kepler.

The Book of Optics was an important stepping stone in the history of the scientific method and history of optics.

The work of Galileo Galilei on classical mechanics (superseding Aristotelian physics) was also influenced by earlier medieval physics writers, including Avempace.

As well as advancing the world of science...and taking humanity on it's first steps towards the stars.

I could honestly write pages, and pages of this material....but I will stop here, as I am pretty sure it wil have no impact on your views.
Source

edit on 23-7-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: Typos...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abdel

in a culture that cheers at public executions its hard to be sympathetic.

Have you ever watched U.S. news when a prisoner's due for execution, devout Christians holding up posters saying Burn Baby Burn? I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest but the states execute more people than Iran and Saudi put together.

It's all sick, read my sig.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Did you notice the dates? What have they done lately???

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Thanks for putting out the real story here. So many people throw something out there without knowing the full extent of what started the problem and what is being done about it. Sounds like they are both at fault to me but the Muslims started it!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Wasn't Hillary Clinton just there having wonderful ceremonies with the new woman in charge? I forget her name.

Watch where ever Hillary goes, death soon follows.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hi OP, since you are so interested in massacres, please research how Muslims are committing massacres on Buddhists in Thailand.

www.jihadwatch.org...

The sheep of one country are the wolves of another.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Hi Happy
That was An Sang Su Kyi, the dissident who was under house arrest for many years, she is not in charge, just a representative who will be ignored by the generals who really run the country.
Hillary was there to meet the army leaders and for a quick photo shoot so she'd be associated with An Sang.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's happening on both sides.

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that, regardless of who started it or whatever, the information from this travesty is being muzzled and that's wrong.

We've all heard about the Muslims killing Buddhist etc. I was not aware of it happening the other way around.

Thanks for sharing OP> This needs to get out so more people are aware.
Deaths due to religious affiliations need to stop regardless. We all believe in 1 Higher power, the same Creator, and all that he wants is for us to love our fellow brothers and sisters... Like Christ Jesus taught. That's not what is happening in our world.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

That is bull# FrozenSpark, massacres in Thailand? I assume you mean the deaths on both sides in the south which is a mainly Muslim area and is a political struggle not a religious one. The Thai army would crush any major uprising by the southerners but are happy to allow the occasional attack by Muslims so they have a bogie man to frighten their citizens with.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There is no such thing as an "extremist Buddhist" that would harm another. To take Buddhism to an extreme is to be almost completely apathetic to the material.

This is nothing more than a bunch of folks who are rioting, and "getting even". There is nothing Buddhist in their actions. Besides, Buddhism isn't a religion. It is more like a "religious modifier". It isn't a belief system, but more of a philosophical system where you kind of don't believe.

In this story, the only thing that makes sense is that one group of humans is killing another group of humans in a murderous tit for tat.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

This will be my last post on the general subject of muslim contributions....this thread should focus on the suffering of those in Myanmar.

For the sake of completetion, I am going to work my way up from the 16th century...

Taqi al-Din Muhammad ibn Ma'ruf, 16th century -Taqi al-Din's method of finding coordinates of stars was reportedly more precise than those of his contemporaries, Tycho Brahe and Nicolas Copernicus.

Hezarfen Ahmet Celebi, 17th century - Hezârfen Ahmed Çelebi was a legendary Ottoman aviator of 17th-century Istanbul, purported in the writings of Evliya Çelebi to have achieved sustained unpowered flight.

Lagari Hasan Çelebi, 17th century - Lagari Hasan Çelebi was a legendary Ottoman aviator who, according to an account written by Evliya Çelebi, made a successful manned rocket flight.

Fazlur Khan, 20th century Bangladeshi mechanician - Bangladeshi structural engineer and architect, who initiated structural systems that form the basis of tall building construction today.Considered the Father of tubular designs for high-rises.

Mahmoud Hessaby, 20th century Iranian physicist - Dr Hessaby was a Polymath, having held five Bachelor's degrees in literature, civil engineering, mathematics, electric engineering and mining engineering. He continued lecturing at University of Tehran for three working generations, teaching seven generations of students and professors.In 1947, he published his classic paper on "Continuous particles". Following this, in 1957 he proposed his model of "Infinitely extended particles".

Ali Javan, 20th century Iranian physicist - Co-invented the gas laser in 1960, with William R. Bennett. Ali Javan has been ranked Number 12 on the list of the Top 100 living geniuses.

Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie, 20th century Indonesian aerospace engineer and president - His thesis about light construction for supersonic or hypersonic states also attracted offers of employment from companies such as Boeing and Airbus, which Habibie declined.

Abdul Kalam, Indian aeronautical engineer and nuclear scientist - Before his term as President, he worked as an aerospace engineer with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Kalam is popularly known as the "Missile Man of India" for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology.

Mehran Kardar, Iranian theoretical physicist - A prominent Iranian born physicist, full Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and co-faculty at the New England Complex Systems Institute. Mehran Kardar is particularly known for the KPZ equation (Kardar-Parisi-Zhang) in theoretical physics.

I could honestly makes pages, and pages onward of this material....let me know if anyone would like me to.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good news.. first time I've heard of people fighting back against muslim criminals raping, robbing and killing indigenous populations, the statistics are through the roof.
Europeans just take it, mirroring the EU symbol of Zeus in the form of a bull raping the goddess Europe.

Good riddance I say, muslims are fifth columnists attacking host countries and turning them into #holes, Islam is by far the worst religion in the world, I wouldn't mind if all muslims in the whole world perished, we'd be better off, at least christianity went through the enlightenment and it's still pretty vile, muslims are still cutting off hands and stoning people, the majority of some muslim countries still support such medieval practices, and they say the extremists are a minority, that's a lie if I ever heard one..

I do understand that TPTB seems to want a war to end all wars between the western world and a unified muslim world, but Islam is still a threat even if the whole chess board has been manipulated from the start: Jesuit priest claiming Mohammed was an agent of the Church and MI6 connections to the genesis of the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Maybe irrelevant and off-topic, but could the killings by the Buddhists to avenge a woman who had been defiled be classified as "honor killings?"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

They've been killing christians there for a long time as well. It's odd isn't it. Everyone things Buddists are so peaceful...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
They are not Buddhists.

The first rule in being Buddhist is don't hurt living things.

Unfortunately they will probably call themselves Buddhist which pisses me off.

They need to sit down and talk to the Dalai Lama he needs to put them straight or Ram Bahadur Bomjon. they will put there twisted teaching of Buddha straight.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Dear ATS people, I have seen this so many times before. People using places like ATS to push there own agenda, to get people to fight each other. Im new to ATS but i have loved the freedom and respect of this place but in this thred im seeing a clasic pushing of people. Its like kicking a sleeping bear then crying about how bad and evil the bear is for running after them, and the bear hates all of our kind and we have to kill it. ATS members rise above this and be better than the people who try to distroy our place

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's a shame on world.
Amnesty started to think after thousands being killed, raped burned.
www.amnesty.org...

Rohingyas are a Muslim people living in the Arakan region. As of 2012, 800,000 Rohingyas live in Myanmar. The United Nations says that they are one of the most persecuted minorities of the world. As a result of systematic discrimination they have endured over the past years, many of them have migrated to Bangladesh and Malaysia and currently 300,000 Rohingya Muslims live in Bangladesh and 24,000 in Malaysia The persecution of the Rohingya Muslims dates back to the early World War II when the Japanese forces invaded Burma which was then under the British colonial rule. It’s said that on March 28, 1942, about 5,000 Muslims were massacred in Minbya and Mrohaung Townships by the Rakhine nationalists. According to Amnesty International, the Rohingya Muslims have long suffered from human rights violations and as a result, scores of them immigrated to neighboring Bangladesh for better living conditions. One instance of discrimination against the Muslims of Rohingya is that they are denied the right of citizenship by the government. Many of them have escaped to Bangladesh and as many as 111,000 of them live in the Thai-Myanmar border. According to the website of Arakan Rohingya National Organization (ARNO), Rohingya Muslims require government permission to marry, are forbidden from having more than two children per family and are subjected to modern-day slavery through forced labor. Because the national government denies them the right to citizenship in their homeland, many Rohingyas have their land confiscated and they are restricted from travel. The Human Rights Watch considers the denial of the right of citizenship the most important problem the Muslims of Rohingya face. The government of Myanmar considers the Rohingyas to be “resident foreigners.” This lack of full citizenship rights means that the Rohingya are subject to other abuses, including restrictions on their freedom of movement, discriminatory limitations on access to education, and arbitrary confiscation of property.

pubrecord.org...
edit on 24-7-2012 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Muslims killing Christians

www.agi.it...

and some more, I notice your silence on this issue

This one also
www.jihadwatch.org...

I can go on and on...and on...and...
www.christianpersecution.info...

But hey, whats the point

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

No offense but it doesn't sound harsh; it sounds stupid. You are sentencing all Muslims for the actions of some. You are saying because of the actions of SOME (in this instance THREE) Muslims then it's fully justified for the killing of over a thousand INNOCENT Muslims including women and children?

And "if" Muslims would contribute math, science, art, etc.? Are you serious? Clearly you know nothing of history. If it wasn't for Muslims throughout history we wouldn't have hardly anything that we have now.

The Christian West has cultivated more terror and destruction and scientific ignorance for 2000 years than Muslims have, if you want to play that card

And what have they done since then ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join