It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Alaska town found the solution to political infighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Cat Marks 15 Years as Mayor of Alaska Town

Click through to meet Stubbs, a pleasent looking ginger cat. He's been ruling the roost in Talkeetna, AK for 15 years after the residents of the town wrote in his name. Apparently the other candidates just weren't worth talking about. In his defense, there really isn't much to do in a town of 800, he doesn't raise taxes and he won't put the town in debt. I don't know if he can see Russia from his cat box though. Maybe we should elect a cat for president, might get more done.

Move it if it's in the wrong spot, sorry in advance.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
dont vote for them it only encourages the buggers .

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Well, I just realized we might get some flack from the dog people. Perhaps a Dog for VP?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
woof woof ; the mayors just been run out of town .imagine the headlines mayor caught licking own bottom /sells out for bowl of milk

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hilarious.

Anarchy works in small doses.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There is only one reply to that: MEOW! T.C. Top Cat. I love them Alaskans...they still got the fightin' spirit.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

When you consider that the town in question was formed from a rustic hippy commune....this isn't really something to ooo and ahhh about.

Theres 2 places in Alaska where you find hippies....Talkeetna and Girdwood .....them women don't shave boss..they don't shave.

Their hippies with guns....which speaks for itself...they're nonviolent...unless you don't pass it around to the mayor every 3rd rotation.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Do you live in Alaska?

You find hippies pretty much everywhere there.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
There is only one reply to that: MEOW! T.C. Top Cat. I love them Alaskans...they still got the fightin' spirit.
i once had a cat called t.f .c stood for the fxxxxxxg cat

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnysixguns

No but I travel there regularly for work...seen most of the state..actually thinkin of movin there...just not to talkeetna, that place is very odd...did I mention the women there dont shave?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

I lived there for 10+ years up until last year. Bush and urban areas. Never saw too many women who didn't shave. Atleast no more than I see anywhere else. But no.. I wouldn't move to Talkeetna. That is just too far out of the way.

new topics

top topics

join