It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The World - Or is it really an Abundant World...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject, the end of the world. A fair few people have gotten over the 'End of the World' belief system of December 21st 2012, and have moved on that its just another day marked on the calender.

But what is this phenomenon that drives people to think that the end of the world is near.

Children were taught about this 'end of the world scenario' through childrens' stories like 'Chicken Little' with the 'sky is falling, the sky is falling'. Only to find he was knocked on the head by a falling nut.

And that is what this thread is really about, of course with a video, and some possible facts about where we really are, is it the end of the world - or are we living in an era where its the beginning of one of the most abundant times in mans history?

The below video states quite an interesting perspective, that we only listen to negative news stories and are fed these negative news stories because part of our brain - the Amygdala, react to negative information as a possible 'risk to life', a mere survival mechanism.

Wikipedia states the following about the Amygdala

In complex vertebrates, including humans, the amygdalae perform primary roles in the formation and storage of memories associated with emotional events.

Memories of emotional experiences imprinted in reactions of synapses in the lateral nuclei elicit fear behavior through connections with the central nucleus of the amygdalae and the bed nuclei of the stria terminalis (BNST). The central nuclei are involved in the genesis of many fear responses, including freezing (immobility), tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), increased respiration, and stress-hormone release. Damage to the amygdalae impairs both the acquisition and expression of Pavlovian fear conditioning, a form of classical conditioning of emotional responses.

The media are responsible for the fear they induce in people, all the negative news stories.

But what if I told you, its the complete opposite? If we didn't have such news of disaster, what would we think then?

Quote from the video below.

My goodness, we're going to hit 70 percent penetration of cellphones in the developing world by the end of 2013. Think about it, that a Masai warrior on a cellphone in the middle of Kenya has better mobile comm than President Reagan did 25 years ago. And if they're on a smartphone on Google, they've got access to more knowledge and information than President Clinton did 15 years ago. They're living in a world of information and communication abundance that no one could have ever predicted. Better than that, the things that you and I spent tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars for -- GPS, HD video and still images, libraries of books and music, medical diagnostic technology -- are now literally dematerializing and demonetizing into your cellphone.

And to close off the thread, is the ending of the video itself...

Ladies and gentlemen, what gives me tremendous confidence in the future is the fact that we are now more empowered as individuals to take on the grand challenges of this planet. We have the tools with this exponential technology. We have the passion of the DIY innovator. We have the capital of the techno-philanthropist. And we have three billion new minds coming online to work with us to solve the grand challenges, to do that which we must do. We are living into extraordinary decades ahead.

Please watch the 16 minute video below for a snapshot of learning about how abundant the world is, and how the end of the world is merely a news story.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yes, the world is abundant, but the issue is not with how well the world can supply you, but what governs it? If there is a Creator God, and he wants to end it all, then it ends, no matter the abundance of the earth. That's some of the split on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
More than half the world wants an iron age imaginary friend to come murder everyone so that they can go to heaven to be with their dead family members.

We have a big speed bump (aka dead religious peoples bodies) to get over.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The coming of an imaginary person was also expected to arrive 1000AD, but never showed... I expect the same to occur this millenium.

I have high hopes for the future of mankind, I expect though, if there is a plan of a NWO or the powers that be, to find a way to eliminate diversity, inclusive of, but not limited to religion, either to wipe it out, or unite it.

CynicalDrivel - even if you were correct, we can't wait around to see what happens with that in mind, so the best step forward is to go ahead with the thought that it doesn't happen that way.

Many obstacles to get around, but we're still here, and with 3 billion minds coming online in the next half century, we have a lot to look forward to!
edit on 12/7/24 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Still thinking about that one. With water, oil, waste, and 7bil people here I see a huge problem coming have to face that fact! We can all sit and read these storys knowing that somethings gotta give and create other storys to advoid the real Facts. I do hope for the best for all but the Dark Ages are coming again! We can live without elect, gas, but food and water we can not! They know this so why don't we? Scarry thought really, we play like we don't know the Truth and use otherthings to hide our Fear. Worst part is that we created our problems, No God, Satan, Aliens have nothing do do with it! Fact is we failed or going too soon! Then again unless the planet don't blow up or we kill it we still have some hope even if it is small. Everything went to our heads thinking us humans are the smart ones here on Earth, shame that we haven't learned anything yet! I can see and understand the last book of Rev. He is pissed off, yes there is Good, but in short supply. Look at the bright side though, will save the ones decerving though! No I don't accept the God idea, Life idea I do since it has more power or Life is God so to speak! Maybe Cows become the next chance at it and on down the line. Oh its the END maybe not 2012, but soon! Change your Ways people, LAST CHANCE!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is hot topic worldwide...people even compare the increasing number of datas than 2011...yes it was .the number of disasters in 2011 is highest in history..but it may be just a co incidence.. better to wait for three months more...
...well got this article on similar topic, describing as why world will not end in 2012?
2012 Dooms Day: Is It The End Of The World?

What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in December 2012?

The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. Zecharia Sitchin, who wrote fiction about the ancient Mesopotamian civilization of Sumer, claimed in several books (e.g., “The Twelfth Planet”, published in 1976) that he had found and translated Sumerian documents that identify the planet Nibiru, orbiting the Sun every 3600 years. These Sumerian fables include stories of “ancient astronauts” visiting Earth from a civilization of aliens called the Anunnaki. Sitchin suggested a return of Nibiru and the Anunnaki sometime this century. Then Nancy Lieder, a self-declared psychic who claims she is channeling aliens, wrote on her website Zetatalk that the inhabitants of a fictional planet around the star Zeta Reticuli warned her that the Earth was in danger from Planet X or Nibiru. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of the Mayan calendar long-count at the winter solstice in 2012 – hence the predicted doomsday date on December 21, 2012. www.disaster-report.com...

new topics

top topics

join