It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Funny - DIA cop who didn't let chief's wife wait gets bawled out by boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think this is funny for a couple of reasons. I have been in the same predicament as the Chief's wife. You cannot wait even 10 seconds at DIA by yourself waiting for someone curb side. They immediately roll up and tell you you can't wait and have to circle the airport. I have even had a call from the person I was picking up saying, "I got my bag - be there in less than a minute." Yet the cops glared at me and said, "leave or be towed".
The fact that the Chief is so brazen to dress down the officer and then go on record as doing so makes me laugh. All of these guys believe they are above the law us pitiful citizens must adhere to - even if such a minor thing as this.

White bawled-out the cop, who was working off-duty handling traffic at the airport, because police should be willing to let someone wait in the passenger pick-up zone for a few seconds if the traveller will be there in moments, he said.

The fact I agree with him on this is not the point. The fact is that no matter how upset I get, I won't be on the news after "dressing down" the officer - I'd be in jail. Instead, this guy seems proud of his actions. What a dork.

"That is ridiculous. I wouldn't have treated a regular citizen like that. You can't wait 10 seconds to see if he is coming out of the door? My point being it had nothing to do with me being the police chief."

That just is not true in the least. Everyone who flies at DIA knows how strict the rule is. Everyone - especially the police.

"He came up with some explanation, I said this is ridiculous," and walked away.

Only if you are the police Chief.

Chief of Police Upset he has to Obey Law

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I too have gotten harassed and threatened with a ticket for
"waiting" at the curb too long...usually after about 2 seconds.
Chief White is new. Apparently he's just finding out how things
are done in Denver, lol.
Supposedly he's really shaking things up in the Denver PD. Maybe
they should let him have a go at the TSA.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

That is funny! Most airports I've been in will have zero-tolerance for an unaccompanied vehicle, but if you are sitting there in it, they usually give you a minute or two at least.

I agree with you completely. The chief's opinion is both right..... and very wrong.

join