It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie cartoon from 1993. Can Anyone Translate This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So I found this cartoon. It was posted on Facebook from an anti illuminati-type group.

Here is the link: www.facebook.com...

It shows a man in a full body cast talking to a guy that looks like a rich banker. In the background, the towers re being struck by a plane, the Statue of Liberty has another statue of a guy holding a hot dog over the flame of liberty standing next to her. Also' notice the character of a guy with a big nose between some other buildings in the background.

This is apparently from 1993, the same year of the first WTC bombing. What is going on? Can someone translate?

I searched for this, and could find nothing, so please don't castigate me if this is a re post. Have a soul.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I did find out that it a popular Spanish comic strip called "mortedello y Filemon".

Still don't understand what it means, and what they were trying to symbolize with the plane hitting the tower.

How could this be a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

I did find out that it a popular Spanish comic strip called "mortedello y Filemon". Still don't understand what it means, and what they were trying to symbolize with the plane hitting the tower. How could this be a coincidence?

Yep, nothing to see here move along, oh yeah along with these other "coincidences"

Party Music was originally scheduled to be released in early September 2001.[5] Its release was delayed until November 2001 due to its original cover art, which depicted Boots Riley and Pam the Funkstress destroying the twin towers of the World Trade Center using a Covert-Labs digital chromatic tuner as a detonator.[6] The original cover was created in June 2001.[5]

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
didn't expect that

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Edit: i see it says 35 not 55. Geez I can't see.

I did find a link from last year discussing it. It has more "coincidences" so to speak.

ATS link
edit on 23-7-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I really am blown away.

Until today, I've never come across anything like these three examples in this thread.

Can someone please make some sense of this?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Edit: i see it says 35. Geez I can't see.

edit on 23-7-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

It's actually from their 35th anniversary according to your wiki link. They mention the eeriness of that particular cartoon a little further down the page.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

I really am blown away. Until today, I've never come across anything like these three examples in this thread. Can someone please make some sense of this?

I am sure there are more examples...

and your guess would be as good as anyone else about why their are so many weird "Coincidences"

The lone gunmen episode is the one that does it for me...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

This one is better

You should put this one in your archives it's scary

We'll Blame It On The Muslims, Naturally" - 1996

Donald Rumsfelt shoot down the plane over pennsylvania

edit on 24-7-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

And do not forget the movie Seige

two years before 9/11 (granted this was not planes, but in my honest opinion this is next!)
edit on 24-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yep for sure it is next and coming soon

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wheels

The World trade centre and the pentagon were/are amongst the most iconic buildings on the planet,to me it seems obvious, that hollywood would use them in any disaster movie, that depicts an event occuring in the US?

Now the clip that shows plans for world depopulation are another matter,given that this course of action has,possibly,already been initiated ,with the likes of agent orange in Vietnam and the AIDS virus being highly suspicious.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

The World trade centre and the pentagon were/are amongst the most iconic buildings on the planet,to me it seems obvious, that hollywood would use them in any disaster movie, that depicts an event occuring in the US?

Your right, the lone gunmen episode depicting a passenger plane being taken over by remote to crash into building in new your to justify an invasion so the Military industrial complex can make money...

That's just an obvious plot line to do in any movie or tv show...
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by nake13

Your right, the lone gunmen episode depicting a passenger plane being taken over by remote to crash into building in new your to justify an invasion so the Military industrial complex can make money...

Ok so you have a possible instance of real life imitating art,it doesn't neccesarily follow that the episode quoted is a forewarning of things to come.Has it been proven without a doubt that the WTC airliners were piloted/taken over by remote means prior to their hitting the towers?,even if it were, all that would prove is that film makers strive for realism in their work.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Ok so you have a possible instance of real life imitating art,it doesn't neccesarily follow that the episode quoted is a forewarning of things to come.Has it been proven without a doubt that the WTC airliners were piloted/taken over by remote means prior to their hitting the towers?,even if it were, all that would prove is that film makers strive for realism in their work.

yea that argument works except for one thing...

How many times where we told that this scenario was "Unthinkable" before 911? How many officials said they never even consider this type of attack?

Hindsight is 20/20, to us now sure using planes as weapons to ram buildings seems pretty obvious, before 911 it was not... OR atleast thats what they wanted us to think.

Because the CIA did think of it, project northwoods.

Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated: "The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

Right, nothing to see here move along...

oh wait this too.

One of the most fascinating aspects of Operation Northwoods involved the proposed hijacking of an American passenger plane. The JCS proposed that a real plane containing American passengers would be hijacked by friendly forces disguised as Cuban agents. The plane would drop down off the radar screen and be replaced by a pilotless aircraft, which would crash, purportedly killing all the passengers. Under the plan, the real passenger plane would be secretly flown back to the United States.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by nake13

yea that argument works except for one thing...

How many times where we told that this scenario was "Unthinkable" before 911? How many officials said they never even consider this type of attack?

Hindsight is 20/20, to us now sure using planes as weapons to ram buildings seems pretty obvious, before 911 it was not... OR atleast thats what they wanted us to think.

Because the CIA did think of it, project northwoods.

Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated: "The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

Right, nothing to see here move along...

oh wait this too.

One of the most fascinating aspects of Operation Northwoods involved the proposed hijacking of an American passenger plane. The JCS proposed that a real plane containing American passengers would be hijacked by friendly forces disguised as Cuban agents. The plane would drop down off the radar screen and be replaced by a pilotless aircraft, which would crash, purportedly killing all the passengers. Under the plan, the real passenger plane would be secretly flown back to the United States.

Ok,very good point regarding how such an incident as the WTC hijackings was considered "unthinkable",however,Could I suggest that no government is going to publicly announce, that they are concerned with a scenario in which a supposed "unhittable" target is compromised.

With Regard to Northwoods,quite frankly the CIA were notorious for proposing ever elaborate/nonsensical ways of destabilising Castro's Cuba,perhaps Northwoods is one of the more realistic,but what of the passengers on the real airliner,were they planning on letting them go about their normal lives after this event, had it taken place?

If an updated Northwoods plan was enacted to take out the WTC and/ or Pentagon using something like Shadowhawk technology,I suppose that solved the problem with what to do with the real passengers on those aircraft,however,why would an administration like the US government require such a long and involved deception ,such as that ,when they could have gone into Iraq ,or Afghanistan on a far simpler pretext,which didn't give rise to so many conspiracy theories? why not stage a localised incident where,for example, they send the troops in to "oversee the safety of US citizens based in those countries"?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Large buildings are and always have been targets for artistic destruction because they are so common.

Look at movies like Day after Tomorrow, Transformers 1-3, Fantastic Four, ect.

None of them are making any predictions, they are just having the enemies hit close to home by destroying popular landmarks - just like these comic books in the OP. Nobody is predicting a giant robot (or cookie monster) is going to wreck through the WTC.

Once again, it's just too big of a conspiracy to be possible. Anybody with high enough security clearance to know about an inside job this big wouldn't have gone and told a comic book writer about it - its too obvious.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It seems to me that the hijackers weren't the most creative people. Plus of course the larger the building the easyer to hit.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
New York has been a popular backdrop for countless movies. In the movie indipendence day all of New York and Washington gets it, with close ups of the chrysler building and the White House being vaporized, but those are still around.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So let me get this right. You think this conspiracy is so vast it encompasses every possible TV show or comic up to a decade before 911?

You have to understand how that looks to an outsider. It's just paranoia. The amount of evidence needed to prove something like this would be staggering but you dismiss it all by just saying that it's too coincidental.

Really? That's all it takes for you to believe in a global multi decade conspiracy? That a few people made plot lines involving two of the most well known buildings in the entire world?

You're easier to convince than I!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join