Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why Aren't You Screaming about Agenda 21?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The main problem with all this is that you were born into a similar but smaller system with so many restrictions already in place that you have never experienced anything even close to liberty and therefore doubt it could ever exist.

Ahhhh I see, I already live in this system of oppression.... Right... In that case, I'm all for it.... I'm free to think what I want, say what I want, practice (or not as the case may be) whatever religion I choose, eat what I want, travel the world, live where I want, choose how I spend my time, marry whoever I want (man or woman), learn about whatever I want, choose my career, raise my kids how I want.... That's some pretty decent oppression that....

You see, I did say more than just "what good have you done" but you chose to ignore it... I made the point that the very fact you're sat there spouting off is proof of your freedom, the fact that you have your computer and your food and your property and your warmth in winter, the fact that you have the luxury to choose, is proof of your freedom.... But you chose to ignore that in favour of banging your drum.... Whatever, like I said, I wrote a lengthy reply but realised it was pointless because you don't actually care about my, or anyone else's opinion (if it doesn't align with yours).... I'm interested to know what it is that you're not able to do now that you want to be able to do? what are 'they' preventing you from doing? Unless you're not talking about now and are actually talking about the future, which just means you're actually attempting to predict the future, and, I'm sorry but I don't believe in fortune telling. Interesting side note: these are BASIC concepts and I see so many in this (and other) threads... Thē second one is just what I've been taking about but, most of these apply to your last few postings... I can't be bothered going through and picking out the exact bits that fit the relevant biases (and I'm sure you won't either) but, just posting this list is sufficient....

"Knowledge of common cognitive biases relevant to CBT:

common information processing biases (“cognitive distortions”) that are observed in all individuals, but which are especially relevant to the ways in which clients think*: (this is CBT basic competences)

All or nothing thinking – viewing a situation in only two categories rather than on a continuum (e.g. oversimplifying events or beliefs as good/ bad or as right/wrong)

Catastrophising – predicting the future negatively without considering alternative outcomes
Disqualifying or discounting the positive – telling yourself that positive experiences/ qualities do not count

Emotional reasoning – reasoning from how you feel rather than from any evidence

Labelling – putting a fixed, global label on self or others without considering evidence that would lead to a less disastrous conclusion

Magnification/ minimisation - exaggerating the negative and minimising the positive (blowing things out of proportion or shrinking their importance)

Selective abstraction – paying undue attention to negative detail rather than seeing the whole picture

‘Mind-reading’ – making (negative) assumptions about the way in which others think about you when there is no evidence for this

Overgeneralisation – drawing a sweeping conclusions from a single incident and applying it to related and to unrelated situations

Personalisation – relating external events to yourself when there is no basis for making such a connection
Making ‘should’ and ‘must’ statements (“imperatives”) – having an over- precise idea of how you and others should behave, and overestimating the consequences of how bad it would be not to meet these expectations

Tunnel-vision – only seeing the negative aspects of a situation"

Enjoy...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ahhhh! I have discovered the evil face of agenda 21 in the UK! And it's been established and up and running since as early as 1995!!!

Guess what, it's barely been adopted in the UK because it's a VOLUNTARY scheme that seeks to protect LOCAL areas and requires the active participation of LOCAL PEOPLE for its implementation.... Once such locality (and lne of only a handful) that has adopted what is termed LA21 (local agenda 21) is the locale of hammersmith and Fulham in London... Their nefarious activities include:

The establishment of a children's parliament and the activities of said parliament which have included "children's parliament projects, spaceshoot - a photographic look at improving Hammersmith, a shower of shorts animation project, Union - where two schools join together on a photographic montage project and Warstory - an inter-generational project looking at WWII."

www.lbhf.gov.uk...

Protection of biodiversity: "Wormwood Scrubs and Ravenscourt Park have small nature reserves, and Groundwork West London is bringing back gardening to the Edward Woods Estate. The new Fulham Broadway development includes roosting boxes for bats and we have recently taken over management of a pond and wildlife garden nearby at West Brompton Station."

www.lbhf.gov.uk...

Encouraging fair trade: " It was agreed that we should encourage this initiative but this would require the Borough and the community to achieve a range of performance criteria to qualify as a Fairtrade Town. These would include a number of retail outlets and restaurants offering at least two products carrying the Fairtrade mark, determined by the Borough’s population"

www.lbhf.gov.uk...

Improving thē local economy by: assessing " the unevenness of prosperity in the Borough and actively encourage initiatives to raise prosperity. We believe that this must be done in ways that are sustainable, to stabilise local and micro-economies for future generations. For instance, schemes that re-use and redistribute wasted materials, such as furniture or bicycles, can offer low budget improvements to quality of life for the more deprived communities. We would also encourage local recruiting for training places relevant for locally needed skills or trades."

And

"Other sustainable initiatives, such as farmers' markets, reduce the monopoly of supermarkets, reduce environmental impacts of transporting goods, and encourage good farming practice, such as organic farming. We aim to publicise environmentally sound alternatives for business and consumers and seek to lobby supermarkets about reducing non-biodegradable/non-recyclable packaging."

www.lbhf.gov.uk...

Shall I go on, there's lots more, including measures to improve:

Health & Disability
Thames & Waterways
Transport & Air Quality
Waste Management

So, funnily enough, the evil agenda 21 has been adopted and implemented VOLUNTARILY, not by any form of government but by the local people who live in this area and are determined to improve their quality of life.. AND are succeeding..... It's been adopted since 1995 and there's been nothing but positive outcomes for the people of that borough..... Nothing that you have said has transpire in the last 17 years, there's been no oppression or undermining of people's rights, no corralling people into reservations... Nothing.... So you see, it is YOU that misunderstands the nature of agenda 21, clearly and evidently... I rest my case...

Now I await the "yeah but...." or shouts of "propaganda" etc... And no attempt to actually discuss the material I have provided... And to that I'd say... Go back and look at the list I posted above....

Tarra puddings....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
watch out someone made sense on ats.... prop got banned for it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

You are full of it .Who are you working for ? It is obvious that you are pushing the NWO and it's entities .

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You are full of it .Who are you working for ? It is obvious that you are pushing the NWO and it's entities .

Now I await the "yeah but...." or shouts of "propaganda" etc... And no attempt to actually discuss the material I have provided

WOW! I must be psychic!!

and so....

to that I'd say... Go back and look at the list I posted above....

Also, I'd like to draw your attention to something else:

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs

Sound familiar?

How about

belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false)

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I can keep going if you like, I use this stuff every day at work, it's what I do.... CBT, REBT, SFBT, counselling (mainly integrated approach).... It's blindingly obvious to me... I'm sorry you don't see it....
edit on 28-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: Link added

Oh, and to answer your question, I currently work for a residential rehabilitation unit for people with severe and enduring mental health problems... I've also worked for the NHS in psychology services and also in an acute inpatient setting.... Basically, I help people with their mental health problems, self-sabotaging behaviours, to overcome persistent unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaving, substance misuse issues and other psychological disorders.... That ok for you?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Taking one of your proud examples: FAIRTRADE

www.lbhf.gov.uk...

Encouraging fair trade: " It was agreed that we should encourage this initiative but this would require the Borough and the community to achieve a range of performance criteria to qualify as a Fairtrade Town. These would include a number of retail outlets and restaurants offering at least two products carrying the Fairtrade mark, determined by the Borough’s population"

Sounds so good, huh? the Fairtrade Foundation has all but monopolized information regarding what they do, but a thorough search brings up more of what this wondergroup has been up to.

Fairtrade is the brainchild of the largest free-trade agreement in the world, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). But as important as this deal will be for workers worldwide, it has been negotiated behind closed doors, away from public scrutiny.

Note that Fairtrade, behind the scenes, is all about FREE Trade ~ which is far from "free" or "fair" but comes with harsh international requirements, restrictions and permits set by some nebulous foundation.

advocate.stpaulunions.org...

Drafts of the agreement leaked to the public suggest it will grant corporations broad new powers, including the right to skirt domestic laws and regulations by filing suit before international “trade tribunals”

“The only people who have access to these negotiations are ‘cleared advisors,’” the Fair Trade Coalition says in a flier promoting the rally. “These people are corporate lobbyists, including from Cargill, that have used their financial clout to get in the room. That’s right, corporate lobbyists have more access to laws than our own members of Congress!”

The agreement (TPP) could create legally binding policies regarding agriculture, workers’ rights and intellectual-property rights – without any input from U.S. lawmakers during negotiations.

You can keep it over there. So far 132 legislators are working to keep it OUT of the US. That's a majority, btw.

www.bloomberg.com...

As to the rest of your diatribe, stuff it in your fairtrade banana bin.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Hahaha... Is that the best you can do? You totally failed to address how ANY of what i said fits in with your view of agenda 21 or how the reality of what is happening is totally different to what you think is happening!

Ahhh... And, because the fair trade deal (which you, yourself just confirmed is "important to workers worldwide") might not be perfect then that means the LOCAL people who live in that borough (i.e. people like you and me) who are trying to get fair trade accepted are... what?... Bad? Part of an agenda of oppression? In on the conspiracy?

No, they're taking the idea of LA21 and TRYING TO MAKE A BETTER, FAIRER SOCIETY FOR THEMSELVES....

You just totally changed the goalposts as well, you were banging thē 'evil 21' drum and I provided an example from
REAL LIFE where it is being implemented and improving lives and you make it about how fair trade isn't perfect....

Weak at best, wilfully ignorant at worst....

I refer you back to 'confirmation bias'...

Did you know that, this phenomena even leads to people not actually seeing physical objects in front of them, completely forgetting important information and even creating false memories... It's a powerful phenomena... Which is why, several posts ago, I commented that anything I say is irrelevant because you don't care, you don't want to hear my opinion and you give absolutely NO WEIGHT to it AT ALL because of your "deeply entrenched beliefs"... It's ok mate, I don't hold it against you, I just despair that people are so desperately fixed in their thinking that they will deny the reality that's in front of their face.... I mean, if I go to hammersmith and interview the locals about LA21, take pictures of the work they're doing, document the improvements they are making and posted it all here you'd STILL deny it, deflect, and twist to fit.... It's just sad really....
edit on 28-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: Suspect spelling and grammar

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ahhhhh, I see what you have against FREE trade agreements: from your article

"free-trade pacts have been notoriously bad news for American workers"

That explains it.... Before I get to the part where you majorly failed, I'll address the FAIR trade bit...

The majority of fair trade products we buy in a day to day basis over here, from our shops and supermarkets are not sourced from very wealthy prosperous countries like the states, but are from poorer countries like those in Africa and, if it means that America has to take a loss because of changes to trade regulations, so that poorer countries can benefit then, I'm all for it.... Guess you're not into the whole 'helping those less fortunate' vibe eh?

Also, you obviously have no idea that 'free trade' and 'fair trade' are two TOTALLY different ways of trading, here, I'll help you out:

madelinemadison.hubpages.com...

The theories of free trade and fair trade are very complex. It is essential to begin at the basics in order to comprehend these economic foundations. Investorwords.com states that free trade is “international business not restrained by government interference or regulation, such as duties.”1 On the other hand, fair trade is defined by the authors of The Ethical Consumer as “products purchased under equitable trading agreements, involving cooperative rather than competitive trading principles, insuring a fair price and fair working conditions for producers and suppliers.”2

So, you see, free trade and fair trade have few similarities at all and are actually opposing philosophies of trading....

Tarra chuck....
edit on 28-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

I'd go as far as to say that, the article you posted was an argument FOR fair trade and AGIANST the free trade agreements currently being negotiated... That's why the people OPPOSING it in YOUR article are called "the minnesota FAIR TRADE coalition"

FAIL

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
reply to post by frazzle

Ahhh... And, because the fair trade deal (which you, yourself just confirmed is "important to workers worldwide") might not be perfect then that means the LOCAL people who live in that borough (i.e. people like you and me) who are trying to get fair trade accepted are... what?... Bad? Part of an agenda of oppression? In on the conspiracy?

"But as important as this deal will be for workers worldwide, it has been negotiated behind closed doors, away from public scrutiny."

Take things out of context much to appear morally superior? You left out the most important part of that statement. Of course there's the possibility that you are really into back room sleezy deals to gain power over people you feel are inferior to you. There's a name for that mental disorder and I'm sure you know it.

Do people swallow such tripe without knowing the whole story? You bet your a$$ they do, that's why the world is melting down and its also why the international cabal (Agenda 21 being the main fulcrum) is getting desperate to clamp down on everybody and everything before their plan is exposed and they end up at the end of a rope.

BTW, I know a lot of people who work in psychiatry and the behavioral health industry (which is nothing but a legalized drug pushing front for big pharma) and most of them are certifiable. Talking with you is like talking with the typical psych worker.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

reply to post by frazzle

"But as important as this deal will be for workers worldwide, it has been negotiated behind closed doors, away from public scrutiny."

Take things out of context much to appear morally superior? You left out the most important part of that statement. Of course there's the possibility that you are really into back room sleezy deals to gain power over people you feel are inferior to you. There's a name for that mental disorder and I'm sure you know it.

Do people swallow such tripe without knowing the whole story? You bet your a$$ they do, that's why the world is melting down and its also why the international cabal (Agenda 21 being the main fulcrum) is getting desperate to clamp down on everybody and everything before their plan is exposed and they end up at the end of a rope.

BTW, I know a lot of people who work in psychiatry and the behavioral health industry (which is nothing but a legalized drug pushing front for big pharma) and most of them are certifiable. Talking with you is like talking with the typical psych worker.

1) I refer you to my edit in the previous post... That explains a lot

2) I work in PSYCHOLOGY not PSYCHIATRY... You seem to have a problem with understanding the basic differences in the terms you use...

Also, you failed (again) to address any of the questions or points I made previously.... Avoidant much?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

2) I work in PSYCHOLOGY not PSYCHIATRY... You seem to have a problem with understanding the basic differences in the terms you use...

Also, you failed (again) to address any of the questions or points I made previously.... Avoidant much?

Again, "On July 9 the Minnesota Fair Trade Coalition will stage a rally to protest these secret negotiations. The coalition of labor, environmental and agricultural organizations will take its message to one of the multinational corporations granted access to TPP negotiations: Cargill."

Get it now? AGAINST. PROTEST.

Behavioral health PSYCHOLOGISTS. Get it now?

I'm done with you. You demand answers but give back jibberish to those asked of you. And you don't have security guards to hold me down while you pump mind altering drugs into my a$$. Must be frustrating.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Again, "On July 9 the Minnesota Fair Trade Coalition will stage a rally to protest these secret negotiations. The coalition of labor, environmental and agricultural organizations will take its message to one of the multinational corporations granted access to TPP negotiations: Cargill."

Get it now? AGAINST. PROTEST.

Behavioral health PSYCHOLOGISTS. Get it now?

I'm done with you. You demand answers but give back jibberish to those asked of you. And you don't have security guards to hold me down while you pump mind altering drugs into my a$$. Must be frustrating.

Hahaha.... I have never pumped drugs into anyone... Hahaha... And you said psychiatry... It's a totally different thing... And psychology has nothing to do with medicine... Your ignorance is hilarious...

www.ustr.gov... (link from the article YOU provided)

^^^^see what it says at the top left? It says FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS" that is why the FAIR TRADE COALITION are against it thus PROVING MY POINT THAT FREE AND FAIR TRADE ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS which supports my argument FOR FAIR TRADE and YOU POSTED IT AS AN EXAMPLE AGAINST FAIR TRADE... Hence the FAIL!

Jeez... Is that spelled out clearly enough for you... Perhaps a few mid altering drugs might help you out a bit māte....

Yawn....

Man there's some planks on this forum....

I can't wait to see how you spin this one... Should be hilarious....

I wonder if you'll be man enough to accept you made a mistake, perhaps then we can get back to you providing evidence to refute the REAL WORLD evidence of the REAL WORLD APPLICATION of agenda 21, which so far, you have epically failed to do....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ok, let me hold your hand and guide you clearly through the conversation. I'm having a hard time believing you can't actually understand all this but, seeing as it seems you can't (or are pretending not to) I'll proceed..

1) I posted evidence of the real world application of LA21, how it's being implemented voluntarily, by local people and is benefitting their society.... Part of that evidence was a link and a quote about the fact that they were trying to introduce FAIR trade into their community... 

Do you agree? (it's just up the page, take a look)

2) in an attempt to try and trash the entirety of the evidence I provided you picked on ONE thing and that was FAIR trade.

Yes?  (take a look)

3) the 'evidence' you provided that FAIR trade is evil, is a link and a quote to an article that was about a protest against TPP

Yes?

4) I posted a link to an article explaining the difference between FAIR trade and FREE trade and tried to make it clear that the article you linked to was actually about a protest against FREE trade.

Look again...

Yes?

5) you posted back saying "Again, "On July 9 the Minnesota Fair Trade Coalition will stage a rally to protest these secret negotiations. The coalition of labor, environmental and agricultural organizations will take its message to one of the multinational corporations granted access to TPP negotiations: Cargill." 

Get it now? AGAINST. PROTEST." 

Which is exactly what I just said but somehow you thought that was refuting my argument...

Still following? Yes?

6) I posted the link within the article YOU cited, that takes you to the TPP website where it clearly states that they're in the business of FREE trade agreements... Thus demonstrating that your evidence against FAIR  trade, which I referred to in points 2 and 3, is total hogwash and is actually more a case FOR *FAIR* trade and AGAINST *FREE* trade

So, care to go back to the original evidence I provided for how LA21 is being implemented right now (and has been for the last 17 years) and has been helping communities to improve their standards of living, and provide a reasonable argument against what I've said?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: Removed some of the smugness

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I thought you guys might like this video. It is concise and complete.

David Rothschild would be proud of some people in this thread. you little eco warriors. Go minions go. Divide.

Basicaly just watch 13:00-14:02 if you have no time.

edit on 28-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I thought you guys might like this video. It is concise and complete.

David Rothschild would be proud of some people in this thread. you little eco warriors. Go minions go. Divide.

This vid has already been posted, you should read the thread before posting.

Also, you too seem to have missed the evidence I provided of the current (and over the last 17 years), real world implementation of LA21 in the uk and the way it is benefitting the society that has VOLUNTARILY adopted it...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
guess I should. I will take your recommendation to heart. See how easy it is to convince people and make them volunteer.

Take my recommendation and go to 13:00-14:02 in this video. posted twice

oh, and check out 19:49-20:35

I volunteer this information for your viewing pleasure.
edit on 28-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Thanks... It wouldn't work on my phone before but I'll try again...

Also, perhaps you would like to address some of the points I made about our current level of freedom, the question I posed in relation to that, the magical thinking and future predicting that goes on and the validity of this, and the real world evidence of LA21 in action and the benefit to the community that is voluntarily utilising the suggestions to improve their standard of living, as it seems everyone else is keen to ignore it, or in the case of Frazzle, rather confusingly, posts evidence that supports fair trade in order to decry it....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

well here is quote I think will resonate with you.

“The children are our future. And that is why, ultimately,
we’re screwed unless we do something about it. If you haven’t
noticed, the children who are our future are good looking but they
aren’t all that bright.

As dense as they might be, they will
eventually notice that adults have spent all the money, spread
disease, and turned the planet into a smoky, filthy ball of death.

We’re raising an entire generation of dumb, pissed-off kids who
know where the handguns are kept. This is not a good recipe for a
happy future. The alternative is for adults to stop running up
debts, polluting, and having reckless sex. For this to happen,
several billion Individuals (ibid.) would have to become less
stupid, selfish, and horny. This is not likely.”

While I would agree with that description by Mr. Adams. I would find issue with the answers proposed by global unity and global standards. I am for global unity, but not for the purposes others might think.

I think that the "answer" lies in not creating the problems to begin with. The alternative as proposed by Mr. Adams is not as dismal as he may try and make you think. Positivity my friend. It is the carrot stick.

stop running up debt....ok......remove international banking entities that only serve the purpose of funneling wealth in exchange for worthless bank notes. Bank notes backed by the debt of the banks and the investments in their bank notes, attract by entities that would stand to lose much if they were devalued.

A system built to maintain itself, not serve any other purpose since those entities that invest in the worth of, say the dollar, might see them selves obliged to protect their investments at the cost of civic responsibility . A system made to stay flawed and avoid correction like it was sin. Competition.

Where else are they going to go? Might they take their wealth to say...mars and try an altruistic life style?....no...earth has a central banking system that corrupts by its need to keep people from progress if that progress proves to compete with the central bank system. Remove this cancer and people will have what they work for instead of bank debt. Its not a valid business. Piracy is a business in that same sense then.

polluting......ok.....If companies like Monsato for example stop producing terrible and basically unnecessary chemicals, we will stop buying them. We throw things away...ok, lets develop recycling technology like Basil has. Problem is that with an overbearing military infrastructure to enforce the needs of the central bank, we might not be able to afford it. Its one or the other here.

Not to be radical with it, but if we must cut the fat, start with the fattest. The biggest polluters are the military Hands down. Public money has a way of making you get two of everything. You always have one extra that ends up in the garbage.

We need clean energy....ok...let the focus of our greatest minds go to develop it, not to create weapons or the technology to hide competitive technology once discovered due to fears that it will be weaponized or upset standing industry. That fear is not progressive. It also costs allot of money.

Reckless sex....ok, if they have their wealth like I said, have their security and are purposed with benefiting society, they might not come from broken homes or make them. You need to take all forms of social programing off the air. It might be harder to control people, but you wont bring out the savage every time you cant explain your self. Hell, why control them? That is a little backwards IMO. We do like volunteers.

Make the beautiful person the educated and responsible person. Not the whore that makes kids so dumb and horny she distracts them from a reality you benefit from directly in influence and power by the lack of opposition.

It would be inconvenient for kids to actually learn history and value their cultural heritage over that of the blur of beautiful people that have not an identity beyond their programing. The fact is if the family unit is in tact their kids are better people.

that mentality of kids education being a task of a central government will turn people into worthless bank notes.

Like education in the eyes of Marx: the parents will corrupt the mind of the child and its the task of the state to correct that problem. The Hitler youth was similarly trained.

there are many solutions and there are ways of writing straight with the crooked lines we have been handed.

Everything has its opportunity. We should not change our core values though they be demonized by noble ideas in the judges chair.

in the end we need to stop causing chaos in order to mold our favorite order. We must adapt so that any change we effect is long lasting. People will resort to their natural state. If the transition is too radical, they become cave men. That is not as good and leads to utter chaos when the cat is not in its predetermined standard bag. That sort of chaos sets us back as a species.

Really LA21 is like ICLEI

"Carroll County, Maryland is one of 1,168 cities, towns, and counties worldwide that are members of the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) - Local Governments for Sustainability, which is an international association of local governments as well as national and regional local government organizations that have made a commitment to sustainable development. The ICLEI mission statement closely resembles that of Agenda 21. In fact, the ICLEI has Special Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council and coordinates local government representation in the UN processes related to Agenda 21.

Community leaders working together in Carroll County recently defended their county against overreaching smart growth initiatives. Richard Rothschild, a candidate for Commissioner, emphatically remarks, "Smart growth is not science; it is political dogma combined with an insidious dose of social engineering. Smart growth is a wedding wherein zoning code is married with government-sponsored housing initiatives to accomplish government's goal of social re-engineering. It urbanizes rural towns with high-density development, and gerrymanders population centers through the use of housing initiatives that enable people with weak patterns of personal financial responsibility to acquire homes in higher-income areas. This has the effect of shifting the voting patterns of rural municipalities from Right to Left."

Smart growth has another interesting unintended consequence: it can disrupt conventional alliances and lead to strange political bedfellows. Rural urbanization plans may raise the ire of environmental groups while simultaneously stirring the wrath of both conservative and liberal residents that want to maintain the rural fabric of their communities. Conversely, developers, sensing opportunity, may side with government smart growth bureaucrats in support of these plans.

Regardless of political orientation, two indisputable facts remain. Agenda 21 is a direct assault on private property rights and American sovereignty, and it is coming to a neighborhood near you.

www.americanthinker.com...

www.iclei.org...

edit on 28-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: fix and add

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Now this I like.... Not quite on topic but who cares..... This is a sensible and well thought out statement and I support it wholeheartedly... Starred, for what it's worth.... Thank you for that....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well you are close to help anyway . I don't believe that you can accept what we are talking about . You haven't actually read a thing relating to the goals of the New World Order and it's sub cultures or you just can't put it together . I guess you are just smarter than all the rest of us . It's not you that's screwed up it the rest of the world .

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join