It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's Chemical Weapons Came From Saddam's Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
They didn't find WMD in Iraq so now they are saying its in Syria. Cool story NATO.
Once they invade Syria and they don't find any evidence of WMD they will probably say it have moved to Iran.
What comes after Iran? Russia or China? Well we know they have WMD for sure....

Apart from the fact that Syria has admitted to having WMD. The state run Syrian News agency is currently down at the moment but this was posted on 23rd July.

Syrian Foreign Ministry: Chemical and Biological Weapons Are Secured and Would Only Be Used in the Case of External Aggression Jul 23, 2012 DAMASCUS, (SANA)- Foreign and Expatriates Ministry on Monday stressed Syria's stance that any chemical or biological weapons will never ever be used during the crisis in Syria notwithstanding the developments inside the country. A statement by the Ministry, read by spokesman Dr. Jihad Makdissi in a press conference, said that such weapons stocks are secured and directly monitored by the Syrian Armed Forces and would only be used in the case of external aggression on the country.

Syrian having chemical weapons is nothing out of the ordinary although they never officially admitted it until this month. Syria was also not a signatory to the chemical weapons treaty leaving the question open. Syria is likely to have developed its WMD capacity around the same time as Iraq if not before. Syria faced the Israeli threat and also had poor relations with Iraq. For the Syrians it would have made perfect sense to have the same capability as other nations in the region.
edit on 25-7-2012 by tommyjo because: quoted text corrected

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yet everyone seems to forget that Iraq got its chemical weapons from the USA! It is true. The US supplied Hussein with chemical weapons, as well as many other weapons systems including scud missiles, etc. when Iraq invaded Iran. The US and other Western nations wanted to see Iran's leader ousted even at that time. Yet after Hussein started using these US weapons on his own people, including the Kurds, no one said anything...Even after he invaded Kuwait, all we did was make his forces leave.

It wasn't until after that, when the US government couldn't hide the massacring from the people any longer, that we went into Iraq to take away many of the weapons that we supplied to the country's military to begin with. I personally highly, highly doubt that many chemical weapons from Iraq made it to Syria...Unless this was something that was done recently, but last I checked Iraq wasn't manufacturing their own chemical weapons, and haven't been for some time.

If Syria has stockpiles of chemical weapons, I would be willing to bet that the culprit is the USA, among other Western nations, moreso than Iraq. What probably happened is that after the US invasion of Iraq, our government sold off Suddam's weapons systems to the highest bidder. Even the out of date technology, which is probably what we are looking at with these chemical weapons, are deadly. But as I said, if Syria does have weapons from Iraq, I would bet they didn't get without the approval of the US government...Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I think is the most likely scenario, given that the same things always happen with the US in this region.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by tide88

Bush vindicated huh? Well who do you think designed and sold those chemical weapons to Saddam? Bush senior and Reagan admins, which unfortunately means, we did.

There was plenty of blame to go around.
Iraq's Chemical Weapons Program suppliers by country

• Singapore
  • Brazil
  • India
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Belgium
  • Netherlands
  • China
  • France
  • Britain
  • United States of America

Of all these countries you listed that supposedly supplied Iraq with chemical weapons (keyword "Chemical Weapons Program: Which spearheaded an invasion that killed hundreds of thousands of people? Did any of these other countries give them weapons, and then turn around and say they needed to be invaded for having said weapons?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
um was not expecting investor.com lol arent these like the same people bush helped bankrupt and fleece the us citizens? lol

9/11/2001 was reason for invading afghanistan

" Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.
There were 56 flights disguised as a relief effort after a 2002 Syrian dam collapse."

2003 we invaded iraq on a search for weapons of mass destruction,(THAT WE GAVE THEM!!!) your gonna tell me we didnt notice 56 flights going in and out of a country we are looking at invading SINCE 2001 GREAT INTEL!!!!! lol so from 2002-2012 were just finding these weapons of mass destruction that wouldnt have been there in the first place if we didnt sell it to them
(i call complete BS) the real reason we invaded iraq was because opec was going from us dollar to the euro and iraq and iran were all for it.

isnt it amazing that this story surfaces AFTER there is turmoil in the region, wow more justification for invading even more countries, and i guess in ten more years well find that they moved those chemicals to pick your favorite enemy and insert name rofl and if that wont work,
TERROR TERROR TERROR

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

This is just another way for them to get into Iraq. Total BS. Another lie. They're persistent....gotta give'em that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Think back to 2002.. look at the only shreds of evidence the Bush administration could present to the world via the UN and Powell.
a few photos of trucks at a factory,
a diagram of a 'proposed' mobile lab
and a small vile of something, used as a prop for its size/kill ratio!

If Iraq was sending massive columns of lorry's, full of mortar shells, bombs and large drums of liquid out of Baghdad, up the highway, over the border.. I'm certain the US would have captured hundreds of images of it via its numerous satellites and drones.

Do you think they would have not used it? as proof that 'something' was afoot in Iraq?
They could of told us they were being shipped anywhere doing what ever evil the scribes could come up with.
The notion that Iraq's wmds ended up in Syria is absurd in my mind.

Also, Syria has the capability to build thus weapons, he has also manufactured a massive stockpile of his own, so even under the absurd notion of Iraq's phantom, leaking and aged munitions being shipped to Assad, he is also actively using them over his own stockpiles when his backs against the wall???? c'mon!

WMD's in Iraq is void in any logic, especially since Bush admitted to the world that Iraq never had them in the first place.

Wait for a drone strike by the US..that's when the interesting stuff will come to play.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrBurgo2U

I would hardly call the statements on the US In that document as "damning"....there is a difference between "in the process of destruction" and "researching for bio-defense" and having the things ready to go.........especially when your accuser is the Russians

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ok, so they admit it. You guys still have not addressed the shelf life of these munitions. Whatever they got from Iraq is probably useless unless it was Mustard Gas. Mustard gas is rather persistent, nerve agents tend to break down within 5 years. We all know who has been in Iraq the last five years. If they got it from Iraq pre-invasion then it is pretty much worthless goo.

edit on 25-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Ok, so they admit it. You guys still have not addressed the shelf life of these munitions. Whatever they got from Iraq is probably useless unless it was Mustard Gas. Mustard gas is rather persistent, nerve agents tend to break down within 5 years. We all know who has been in Iraq the last five years. If they got it from Iraq pre-invasion then it is pretty much worthless goo.

edit on 25-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

You seem confused. The Syrians are not talking about weapons that they received, allegedly, from Iraq but their own produced stockpile. Think about it? Look at the threats that Syria has faced over the decades or turmoil in the region? Not only had Syria the Israelis to worry about but also poor relations with Iraq when Saddam Hussein was in power. During the Iran-Iraq war Syria sided and supported Iran. Syrian troops even took part in the 1991 Gulf War to oust Iraqi troops from Kuwait. That Syrian-Iranian alliance still continues to this day.

The legacy of Arab nations and armies having chemical weapons will stem from the various conflicts and preparation to face potential conflicts with Israel. During the 1970s there was the attempts at creating a Federation of Arab Republics involving Syria, Egypt and Libya.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was only natural that each country would share military technological advances and capabilities. All those nations procured short range battlefield and tactical missiles such as SCUD variants and FROG and following Soviet tactics it would be to their advantage for Arab Armies to have that chemical capability in their arsenals.

www.nti.org...

www.nti.org...

www.nti.org...
edit on 26-7-2012 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yes I agree with the person who mentioned the euro/dollar being the reason for the Iraqi invasion. WMD? Yes we sold these tyrants these WMD and also other weapons with which to control their people. Syria has chemical weapons? Good for them and if the west invade Syria, or any other country that invades. Then I hope they use those WMD on the invaders. Perhaps if they kill enough of them, then they wont be so keen to go arround the world invading other countrys. Who has Syria invaded or attacked?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The fact that Syria and Iraq were not friends doesn't seem strange to you? They only patched up diplomacy in 2006.

Lies lies lies, and all you warmongers are too stupid to know when you've been had. Again. And again.

ALL chemical weapons Iraq had were supplied by the USA. The accessory and accomplice to mass murder is going to fix things now?

Anyone scared of Syria or Iran really is clueless.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

You seem confused. The Syrians are not talking about weapons that they received, allegedly, from Iraq but their own produced stockpile. Think about it? Look at the threats that Syria has faced over the decades or turmoil in the region? Not only had Syria the Israelis to worry about but also poor relations with Iraq when Saddam Hussein was in power. During the Iran-Iraq war Syria sided and supported Iran. Syrian troops even took part in the 1991 Gulf War to oust Iraqi troops from Kuwait. That Syrian-Iranian alliance still continues to this day.

Title of thread: Syria's Chemical Weapons Came From Saddam's Iraq

See my problem? I know Syria admits they have weapons. The problem is people are trying to use that to prove Bush's WMD claims from the Iraq war. No one has yet to prove this silly claim.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I agree with you. The Iraqi General had a book to sell and also to make a nest for himself in the US/West. The Boeing 747s and Boeing 727s claimed used by the Iraqi General were also still in the country after the invasion. If the claims were accurate then the Iraq Survey Group would have been all over those aircraft looking for evidence of WMD transportation.

For those thinking that flights couldn't get out they did. Up until the invasion the No Fly Zones were still in force but did not cover the central belt of Iraq. The No Fly Zones were not patrolled 24/7. Iraq violated the zones hundreds of times from 1998 onwards. They knew how to play the game. That middle zone was right up to the Syrian border. Iraq even ignored the no fly zones with civil airliner flights and even Haj flights into Saudi.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know if this could be related but I have seen somewhere else in another war.

Bushra al-Assad, the sister of the embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has fled Syria with her children, weeks after her husband and 'guaranteed' protector Assef Shawqat, who was the deputy chief of staff of the Syrian Armed Forces, was killed by

Visit link for full article

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As to the kurds getting gassed that was down to bush. Who told them to revolt and the USA would come and help them. When sadam was gassing them with his WMD (supplied by the west) no one batted an eye lid. As for Syrias WMD. He shouldnt be attacked for having them. If thats the reason then every other country with them, should also be attacked.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
As to the kurds getting gassed that was down to bush. Who told them to revolt and the USA would come and help them. When sadam was gassing them with his WMD (supplied by the west) no one batted an eye lid. As for Syrias WMD. He shouldnt be attacked for having them. If thats the reason then every other country with them, should also be attacked.

The US not only broke the story but protested the gassing. I don't know how old you are or maybe you were too young to remember possibly not even born yet but the problem then as now is that people were saying it was a False flag so the US could take action against Iraq...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Bush never should have been blamed for the war on Iraq or the claims of WMD's in the first place. Democrats and the world community all screamed he had them.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
still has nothing to do with 9/11

and look at how many minds its changed

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ok I take that back about not batting an eyelid. So they protested about him using the weapons they provided him with, against his own people. Would have been better in not making and selling the weapons, in the first place. We all know the real reason he was attacked. He was going to stop selling his oil in dollars and use Euros instead. Same with Lybia, gadafi wanted to sell his oil for gold dinars. Syria being attacked? More than likely due to them being allies of Iran. Who also want to stop selling oil in dollars.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I haven't heard the media talking at all about where the Syrian WMD's came from so I did a search here figuring there would be something interesting.

Thought this deserved to be pulled back up for all to ponder.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join