It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading edge Neuroscience suggests predisposition to crime/mental illness - Shooter studying himself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PocketRevolution
It has been suggested that Holmes was attempting to self-analyze his way out of madness. Only, self-analysis is a route into madness. Attempting to repair a broken instrument with the same broken instrument is about as useful as trying to measure a measuring device with itself. You end up in a feedback loop.

I registered just to echo this wisdom. Well said mate.
When you analyse... you paralyse. Because you always leave a door of doubt open, hoping that you have separated the 'sane' from the 'insane', or the 'fixed' from the 'broken'.
That division would create immense internal conflict, which would eventually spill over into the outside world.

If those were his intentions, chaos would inevitably spring forth disguised as rational acts. A real shame.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Dr. David Eagleman has an interesting article on his blog this morning, speculating on whether Holmes was psychotic, psychopathic or something else. His conclusion, based on the fact that this event took months of planning, during which time Holmes was in contact with Neurology professors who would almost certainly have taken note of schizophrenic behaviour, is that Holmes is likely psychopathic, so the bizarre behaviour witnessed in court is most likely an act.

Source: James Holmes' Brain: Some Initial Speculation

Both Eagleman and one of Holmes' mentor also take exception with media reports of him being super smart here: Neuroscientists debunk idea theater shooting suspect was supersmart

Just some more food for thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And when they remove this,
will it also remove Inspiration and creativity?
and god only knows what else.

why worry! they wont care...
its all gone...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
Did James Holmes know about himself?

I believe he did. I also believe people are born wired to be who they are - - and can't change the hard wiring. Yet.

Seems to me - - he put himself in Lock Up on purpose. Wish he would have found a way without killing people.

In his coherent moments - - I think he was confused and afraid of himself. I think he knew something wasn't right with his brain.

I know this is a conspiracy site - - - but Damn!

This real line of discussion is far more interesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Acronym for NEWS...?
Nothing
Especially
Worth
Seeing

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Humans act as though humans are. It is our nature. However , we are unique. We have the ability to reason. We have a will and are able to use it how we wish.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join