It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temper Temper, Mr. President!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Within hours of the second debate Kerry was revealing George's temperment to the press as he had to the world:

"I was a little worried at one point, I thought the President was going to attack Charlie Gibson."

Just hours ago Bush's Senior Advisor Karl Rove was defending the President's temperment as just eager fun.

"He was eager. He saw the opportunity to set the record straight. He had lots of fun."

Somewhere between the two, the press had their say (updated list):

BUSH ON DEFENSE

Mark Shields: "I thought the President played defense on an awful lot of issues tonight. I mean including the Canadian importation of drugs and so much on the economy, and as well as Iraq." [PBS, 10/8/04]

Liz Marlantes, Christian Science Monitor: "I actually would in many ways characterize the president's performance as heated and to me, at times; it seemed very defensive, actually." [MSNBC, 10/9/04]

John Harwood, Wall Street Journal: "[Bush] was quite agitated at the beginning. He looked defensive, he looked like somebody who was sort of trying to push the rock up hill, convincing people why he really should have gone to war against Iraq even though there were no weapons of mass destruction." [CNN, 10/8/04]

BUSH'S ANGER MANAGEMENT

"ANGRY MAN"

Jon Meachan: "That was so interesting to me about President Bush is that he seemed like an angry man tonight, and clearly Kerry got under his skin in the first debate and instead of frankly not letting butter melt in his mouth, tonight he seemed to me to be speaking very loudly." [PBS, 10/9/04]

Melinda Henneberger: "[Bush] seemed angry to me." [MSNBC 10/9/04]

"TIGHTLY COILED"

Liz Marlantes, Christian Science Monitor: "[Bush] still has some of those things... I mean, you look at his face, he's so tightly coiled; he's got the jaw, he's doing the blinking thing." [MSNBC, 10/9/04]

"TENSE AND ANGRY"

Joe Klein: "...Bush seemed tense and angry. The person who wins is the person when you turn off the sound, the one who looks better to the public - that was Kerry tonight. Bush is supposed to be the laid back regular guy, [but] he seems more tense than Kerry does." [CNN, 10/9/04]

"When Mr. Kerry accused the president of going to war unilaterally, Mr. Bush could not suppress his anger. He jumped off his stool and interrupted the moderator, Charles Gibson of ABC, saying, `I've got to answer this.' Mr. Gibson wanted to pursue the subject of whether deploying Reserves constituted a form of military draft, but Mr. Bush was adamant. `Let me just answer what he just said about going alone,' he insisted. `You tell Tony Blair we're going alone! Tell Tony Blair we're going alone!'" [New York Times, 10/9/04]

"STRIDENT AND INTENSE"

"At the outset, Bush seemed strident and intense, as if over-eager to avoid a repetition of his pained performance eight days ago." [New York Times, 10/9/04]

"[Bush]...could have used more humility and was almost shrill at times." [Editorial, Dallas Morning News, 10/9/04]

"The president seemed to fall back frequently on name-calling...." [Editorial, New York Times, 10/9/04]

NIXON-LIKE

"Bush `seemed wound a bit too tight. He was a little like Nixon - sort of jumping out of his suit,' said David Niven, political science professor at Florida Atlantic University. `He looked bad on the TV close-ups.'" [AP, 10/9/04]

HOT UNDER THE COLLAR

"The president...let his feelings get the better of him, getting hot under the collar in a medium best served cold. From the outset, his clenched jaw twitched, and he blinked repeatedly, like a man whose contact lens hurt. And when Senator John Kerry turned and confronted him face to face with the latest report on the absence of illicit weapons in Iraq, President Bush snickered derisively - the first sign that the president, though more combative than in the first debate, was not on his game." [New York Times, 10/9/04]

"AGITATED"

"Bush, curbing most of the signs of frustration that marked his performance in last week's debate, grew agitated after Kerry asserted the United States is bearing the burden in Iraq." [Houston Chronicle, 10/9/04]

"FLUSTERED"

"[Bush]...did come across as flustered at a couple points in the evening, referring to his opponent as `Sen. Kennedy,' who is the senior senator from Massachusetts. When asked about the draft, Bush declared: `I hear there is a rumor on the Internets.'" [Chicago Tribune, 10/9/04]

BUSH'S DEJA VU EXPRESSIONS

"Mr. Bush seemed hesitant and spoke loudly when he took the stage...at times he flashed glances of anger at Mr. Kerry that were reminiscent of his demeanor the week before." [New York Times, 10/9/04]

"And not unlike that first battle, the president sounded angry and defensive, as if scolding the undecided. `Yeah, great question,' he said when a man asked him about the draft." [New York Times, 10/9/04]

"Bush kept his smirks and other body language in check more so than he did in the first debate, though at times he still let them roam. At one point, Bush even interrupted moderator Charles Gibson to lecture Kerry about the allied coalition in Iraq: `You tell (British Prime Minister) Tony Blair we're going alone!'" [Arizona Republic, 10/9/04]

Maureen Dowd is credited with first penning the "Furious George" label in her revealing work Bushworld some time ago. Undoubtably she may enjoy some media invites for additional commentary around the last debate unless Rove successfully puts questions about the President's emotional state in check as mere Executive eagerness in the next day or so.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
For myself, Bush presents exactly the kind of personna this country needs in times like these. Of course, all his wuss detractors will call him "mad" and angry. He damned well better be angry. We've all got something to be angry about and George Bush is leading the charge for those of us who are not "reality challenged."

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
I'd have some major frustration debating Frankenstein's monster.

I think you may be on to something MrDead:

Or perhaps:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Bush might just need a little "mirror time" working on those facial expressions. A friendly "hello" shouldn't look like GODZILLA'S COMING

Let's have twenty photographers follow you around everywhere you go for four years, RANT. You think they might be able to make you look like a raving lunatic?

Would you prefer someone with Binswanger's Disease or do you just prefer that Botox stare?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by MrDead
I'd have some major frustration debating Frankenstein's monster.

I think you may be on to something MrDead:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or perhaps:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

those are HILARIOUS! no fecal material. uncanny resemblances. and just think how idiotic it is that you may have changed somebodies mind as to who to vote for!
the people who want to vote for bush, worship television. they are representing the 't.v. body'.
those who would vote for kerry are more p.o.b.'s(print oriented bastards). ie. those who can read.
does it make a world of difference? not from the bottom of the rabbit hole.

in reality though, bush's monkey shots(not to mention his 'famous quotes') are far lower on the food chain than the undead. he's an imbecile that i find unfathomable as worthy of any kind of defence. the complete fascist imperialists should get a zippier representative.
like ahnold. his 'tv body' is much MIGHTIER than vimpy animal house representative, bush the snowman.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
May I be so bold as to ask you, billybob, what in tarnation you are talking about? Do you think that I was trying to sway a vote? Have you ever heard of comic relief? Tit-for-tat?

Where shall I file your food chain assessment?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I didn't know that the attractiveness of Presidential candidates meant so much to you Grady. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Where shall I file your food chain assessment?

flush twice. it's sticky.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I put this on another thread, but I'll put it here, too. Seems like the other side needs a little representation to balance things out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quack! Quack!!

[edit on 10/10/2004 by netbound]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It's amusing how the conservatives are backing up Bush's anger at the debates when it made him look like a buffoon and anyone remember what happened to howard dean's chances at the presidency after the right-wing media launched an attack on him? it should be asked why after such a longer, more drawn out showing of anger and agitation the media isn't tearing Bush's campaign apart and the right aren't condemning him for not acting presedential??

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
in reality though, bush's monkey shots(not to mention his 'famous quotes') are far lower on the food chain than the undead.

Indeed. Did you all catch George's remark about Kerry just wanting to be "popular in the halls of europe"? If "yes" - did you vomit?

Seems our Bach-Bashing President forgot Denmark and Italy are european countries. Both have soldiers in Iraq. Lets hope they were too busy writing home to be insulted.

Now a question. Has this moron ever visited a museum in London or Rome? Shouldn't a president be showing interest in the cultural splendors of his "coalition"?

Money can't buy taste, apparently.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Temper, temper, I for one would have liked to see him punch him right on his narrow nose. Maybe selfish but at least that would have been entertaining, I�m tired of watching the who can promise more spending show.

And comparing bush to FDR is a little shortsighted, for if that were the case all the Arabs in the country would be living in little compounds out in the desert right now.

Gazrok,

if they do find WMD does that mean you are lying to us now?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
Now a question. Has this moron ever visited a museum in London or Rome? Shouldn't a president be showing interest in the cultural splendors of his "coalition"?

Without a doubt, the most pointless post I have ever seen here, insofar as it was posted with the intention of having a point. I think.

[edit on 04/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I swear Kerry has no emotions, he's like a zombie!

I seriously question his 'ahem' sexuality.

He sure is getting friendly with this guy...

He sure does like his running MATE.

heh

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Nice post, Shemigali. Could it be love? Butch and Nellie? Regardless, they sure are a handsome pair.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
EDIT: Nevermind.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
WTF?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows

Without a doubt, the most pointless post I have ever seen here, insofar as it was posted with the intention of having a point. I think.

[edit on 04/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

Sigh. I check this thread to see if any new silly Bush photos have been added and YOU appear.

My post has a point, Gravy.
Other US presidents have expressed interest in europe's cultural gifts.
George doesn't appear to have any passions outside of golf, is all.
Golf is fine, sure....but an intelligent leader should have varied interests, no? Art...? Literature...? History...? Archeology...? Anything...??

He makes us look so bad to the world.
It's depressing.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What...a...doofus...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Who needs bush's national guard papers when that pic of him with the binoculars explains it all so perfectly
And the pic of the upside down book, reading along with the school children goes to show that the money spent on his education was money well spent

I don't know how anyone could side with that moron. Dumb and dumber maybe?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join