It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temper Temper, Mr. President!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
From the standpoint of pure entertainment, I'll take Bush's shouting over Kerry's dull monotone voice anyday. With that said...the critics are sure to rip Bush for his temper and say he was on the defensive.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I thought Bush did an excellent job and I do NOT agree that he lost his temper. I think he was passionate and excited. I liked that he took charge and answered the question he wanted to answer.

Before the debate the press had already predicted and planned to focus on Bush's anger. They were grossly disappointed that he didn't show the type of anger they were looking for so they are grasping on to whatever they can.

I think Bush did a great job !!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can understand Bush's frustration, having to listen to the lies, misrepresentations and inuendo spewed forth by Mr. Kerry. Some anger at his spin was warranted and appropiate.

The interesting thing to me was Bush's action of speaking mainly to the audience while Kerry mostly stood and agressively finger pointed at Bush during a great number of his responses.

I can say I don't want Mr. Passive Agressive for president, I'll take the genuine article please.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Genuine article? If Bush is the genuine article then this country really is screwed. I'm sorry but you cannot trust a word that man says. That man lies through his teeth and would stab you in the back the first chance he got if he thought he could profit from it.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Did you all see how rudely George reacted when Gibson attempted to ask him a question about National Guardsmen? How embarrassing was that?
He looked like a scary, temper-tantrum-throwing 5 year old.

Guess his maids weren't allowed to spank him, huh?
He probally kicked people who yelled louder then him on his cheerleading squad, too.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have to agree Kerry did not have to do anything but to keep his cool while teasing bush and let him blow up like a fire cracker

At one time I though he was going to jump on Kerry and hit him with his microphone his face was so red it looked like a tomato.

Then I remember that its being rumors in the white house that when he gets into rage fits he like to curse and then go into self righteous spurs of bible quoting.

I would love to see one of those on national tv.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe that is Kerry's plan. Get Bush to blow up on national TV. If that were to happen he'd lose support of his own people.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A man who can't keep control while debating, is this a man who you want that's going to run the world for the next 4 years with a massive ICBM arsenal?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm just did not see the 'rage' that you all saw. I saw a passionate man speaking out. I didn't see a temper tantrum or a meltdown. Have you ever seen a negotiation? Have you ever seen discussions on the Senate floor? Geeze, Theresa Heinz Kerry has bigger fits than anything Bush did last night.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I didn't see a temper, however I saw other things that were interesting...
I did see a car salesman called Kerry.... Well don't take it the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
"WHY DOES BUSH... Sound like he's angry at the guy asking about making drugs cheaper?"

I seriously have no idea either.

He was angry about that question because he got caught with his pants down. He flip-flopped from what he said in the debate against Gore 4 years ago, and he knew that Kerry was about to bust him on it, thus making him look bad:

John Kerry:
Four years ago, right here in this forum, he was asked the same question: Can't people be able to import drugs from Canada? You know what he said? "I think that makes sense. I think that's a good idea" -- four years ago.

Bush totally lost that exchange - it was a serious bust.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I'm just did not see the 'rage' that you all saw. I saw a passionate man speaking out. Jemison

Agree with you to a point, Jemison. I didn't think he looked scary until
he flipped out on Gibson for attempting to ask that National Guard question. (We'll never know what the question was, unfortunately).

Then suddenly George was like....the Scorned Male Cheerleader From Hell.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Nice post Rant. He comes across like someone who just got caught cheating on his/her spouse and is getting defensive when asked "where were you?" "Why do you smell like perfume?"
Indy, you always crack me up. He's angry because the King couldnt possibly have any faults.

To the question having to do with did he have any faults...I had to laugh, he danced around that one and ultimately let us know- NO HE DOESNT.

He was obviously coached very well this time, he winked at the audience, he smiled, all the while you could tell he was irritated and covering it up.

He didnt win. But he put on a better show...And Here's Johnnnnny.....
It almost reminded me of Johnny Carsons mannerisms...But Johnny had class. Bush, no matter how much coaching, still has the head bobbing and the unpresidential way about him.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Then I remember that its being rumors in the white house that when he gets into rage fits he like to curse and then go into self righteous spurs of bible quoting. I would love to see one of those on national tv.

I've heard those rumors too, Marg, but thought they were just rumors.
Apparently not.
Ribbing aside he's probally never heard "no you can't have that" in his lifetime. If he can't get his own way he throws fits, you know?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I guess I was watching a different debate because I thought that GWB came off as angry instead of "passionate". His voice was cracking at times , he shouted several of his answers, his hands were balled up into fists, and his face was getting red. There was at least one time that we all thought that he was going to walk over and bop Kerry with his microphone. Kerry provoked him with his first three answers by addressing him directly and by ending his answers firmly--I think that it was a deliberate strategy to get Bush unnerved early and it worked quite well.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Bush might just need a little "mirror time" working on those facial expressions. A friendly "hello" shouldn't look like GODZILLA'S COMING!

The man just has problems. Inside Voice, GW. Inside voice.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Being angry in a debate is a delicate balance. It probably works best if it shows you have very strong opinions on significant issues. If you get angry over not-so -important stuff it could turn people off.
Bush is sort of terse, it is his way. The point i remember was him getting argumentative with the moderater [Gibson]. That was probably not-so-good. One expects a certain bit of animosity between opponents. Kerry did a somewhat better job of rising above that expected animosity, while pointing out problems with the presidents positions.

Perhaps many Bush supporters can relate to energy [frustration?] level of the president. He tries to portray himself as a country Texan. Many people just like that.

If you like an intellectual explanation of things you appreciate Kerry.
If you like sound-bites you like Bush.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The best thing Kerry can do on this last debate (being held 2 blocks from my house...lucky me) is to make Bush angry. Piss him off royally. Go for the jugular. Point out he's a criminal. point blank.

I doubt if Bush could control himself.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see it now, for the last debate, Kerry is told not to make Bush angry, so Kerry sits there and doesn't speak a word the whole time. So this makes Bush angry because Kerry won't even respond to his stupidity and Bush attacks him. The whole time Karl Rove is telling him through the ear piece "Think about bunnies, cute little bunnies, how good they taste, how soft the fur is on your bottom. Calm." Until Bush attacks, then it's. "Go with a left jab, now the eyes, scrap the eyes! People won't vote for a blind president! Ooo, good, bite the nose! Bite the nose!"

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
you know what's funny? EVERYTHING!

first of all, the vote is a facade for the machevellian forces that push and pull humanity through their flaming hoops.
and FIRSTER of all. bush looked like the cat the ate the canary. his eyes were so shifty, they almost slid out of their sockets. he was TOTALLY acting like the guilty adulterer accused.
but FIRSTEST of all, you are all talking about two men like they matter, when what is really at stake is two armies. an army of live and let live vs. an army of live and let die.
the live and let live people are well represented by kerry(or, more correctly, he plays that role well).
the live and let die people should get a rep who can speak english and has a better poker face.

that said, 'rock the vote' should be interpreted as the vote is a lifeless lump of petrified material. all hail the mighty corporation and give blessings to the god of consumption and perception control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join