It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You break it, you bought it! £50,000, Please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is a huge difference in wine and liquor quality, its not always dependant on price but there is such a thing as "better" booze.

Cheap wine often tastes better as it contains more sugar but this will also give you a nasty hangover. its also how its aged, some cheap wine is aged in plastic or metal barrels which can impart a less than pleasant aftertaste you dont get with wine aged in wooden barrels.

With spirits its not so much the taste as the amount of impurities. The average drinker wont be able to tell the difference between a crap or great spirit and the difference is normally felt the next day.
It basically comes down to how its been distilled or filtered. As a basic rule the easier it goes down the less likely you are to have a crippling hangover.

The bottle in the article I doubt was a great drop but as someone else pointed out your paying for the history not the actual booze.
Not many people can say theyve tried a 200 year old anything let alone cognac, even less people can say they have broken a 200 year old one LOL.

That guy has an awesome story to tell for the rest of his life

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
We had someone at our place accidentally break something and that was my first question to my manager.

So, does the
"If you break it you have to buy it rule apply? And my manager told me no, and to put it in damages."

Guy really doesn't have to pay for it because the store will get reimbursed.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by schuyler

I want to go on that rafting trip! No fancy wine for me thanks, I brought my own box. I will take a crazy straw or sippy cup if offered though.

For some reason that message brings an image to mind of your Avatar sitting quite happily on a Box of the cheap stuff and looking eager to start the party.

You know I'm just having a bit of fun with ya I hope. Personally, I wouldn't know wine from grape juice until the buzz hit. It's literally been a drink a few times across my whole life time. I do find the whole culture that surrounds it really interesting though.

<< 1   >>

join