It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project 'Internet Government'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so be nice.

Do you hate your government? Are you sick of smelly humans running your country into the ground? is your answer yes? Then the PIG (project internet government) needs you!

I'm writing this thread so we can bash around some ideas about the PIG.

I propose a new form of government, one where no one person has any power. With the PIG only the masses have power and without the masses the PIG falls apart. This would be done by handing all political and financial to the Internet.

Taxes would be taken straight out of pay (as usual) and given to the Internet to decide where and when it is spent.

Political polls will be taken by the Internet to decide foreign and domestic policy.

This is a very new idea I have been bouncing around that's why I would like to have an in depth discussion on this.

Let the PIG grow!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You're welcome here, thanks for throwing out an idea to discuss.

How will PIG deal with a vote saying that the richest 49% have to give everything they own to the poorest 51%? Or, more realistically, raise taxes on the top 10% to give to the poor. Then, the following year on the next 10%, and so on. The taxed minority would always lose, wouldn't they?

Does PIG require that all of the citizens vote for what would benefit the country? I suspect most would vote for what would benefit them individually, regardless of the impact on the country.

And how do we protect unpopular groups? Wouldn't PIG make certain groups illegal, or require their exile from the country?

But yes, let's explore your idea.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
is this a fishing trip your on or are serious?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Too easy to hack it.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good idea, but they'll pay people to say it's bad...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

How will PIG deal with a vote saying that the richest 49% have to give everything they own to the poorest 51%? Or, more realistically, raise taxes on the top 10% to give to the poor. Then, the following year on the next 10%, and so on. The taxed minority would always lose, wouldn't they?

I say that if that were to happen, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. The re-distribution of wealth would be a main objective of the pig. Once it has stabilised, the real topics and issues could be addressed. With our current system of government it seems the poor are unfairly represented.

Does PIG require that all of the citizens vote for what would benefit the country? I suspect most would vote for what would benefit them individually, regardless of the impact on the country.

I guess there would be Sub categories, as there is with todays governents. I would have it so there was Global, country and local voting systems. I want people to vote on what they want. I'm betting most of us want the same things anyway.

And how do we protect unpopular groups? Wouldn't PIG make certain groups illegal, or require their exile from the country?

This is a tricky one. I guess laws are the only way around it but again if the masses want and vote for it, isn't that what should be done?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

I'm not sure what you mean by fishing trip and yes I'm being serious. I just think a little humour is a good way to start a conversation.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Of coarse there are risks but security measures would be put in place. What they would be I don't know, I'm not technical enough. But is 'hacking' uncommon in today's governments? No, it's called lobbying.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Britrebel

okey i guess it seems a little tough to truly comprehend but hey im down to entertain this notion if your serious..
will post later

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I love this idea but can see many problems with it,the first i see is that the masses are to easily influenced,i believe the media would have to much say,who ever controlled the media would control the pig,Love the idea doh hope the thread takes off.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i have spoken of this many times and my final conclusion was thus: no system will succeed unless it is supported by the people and is for the people. A new global currency must be a part of the package. initially it would perhaps be similar to the greek digital currency model.

fauxcapitalist.com...

every system is fallible however many have been fed an illusion as to our current technological prowess. the security of the current voting systems across the globe are laughable so in the worst we end up right back where we were.

great thread dialogue is important.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britrebel
reply to post by VoidHawk

Of coarse there are risks but security measures would be put in place. What they would be I don't know, I'm not technical enough. But is 'hacking' uncommon in today's governments? No, it's called lobbying.

" But is 'hacking' uncommon in today's governments? No, it's called lobbying"

Think about the electronic voting problems, the accusations of them being rigged, the fact that they REFUSE to show the source code. Why wont they show the source code? theres only one reason to hide it.
Electronic voting is just not safe, its way to easy to FIX it.

I could right a voting system for you and I could make it look real good, just tell me which way you want the voting to go.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thebabyseagull

But its like that today anyway. The only deference is that now, the only decision we get to make is which group of people get to make the decisions. The PIG would put all the decisions in the hands of all people.

I don't think it matters that much about the media, I think with social media and other platforms what the are today I think in the future we will be influenced more by each over than the MSN.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Another problem i can see is that people are idiots[sorry to be cynical],certain will people always have undue influence over the masses,i am imagining Justin Biebier as high king or something due to a facebook campaign.Still love the idea.doh.

new topics

top topics

join