It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estill County (Kentucky) Officials Concerned About Whooping Cough Outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Estill County Officials Concerned About Whooping Cough Outbreak

www.lex18.com

It has the potential to be deadly, and more and more cases of whooping cough are popping up everyday in Kentucky. It's gotten so serious in Estill County that health officials have put up big signs letting people know about the outbreak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-7-2012 by Divine Strake because: added state information

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Scary stuff, man. . .just never know. I guess these are the years when we begin sounding like out parents did when we were children.

Who knows? Maybe that's what "they" are hearing too!? Suffice it to say, we all are dealing with the sometimes seemingly harmless behavior of our adolescent parents, for those who have those. What are we supposed to blame this on!? Honestly, it's like losing faith all over again.

www.lex18.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'd posted another thread about this recently for CDC data and learned something I sure didn't know. The immunity to this fades with time. It's entirely possible that us older folk who got the shots and think we're covered are wide open to this little beastie.

Now as I read this, it's very dangerous to children but more a health problem (not fatal) to adults and the healthy. Can anyone confirm I read that right on the background to the bug?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
According to what I read, the whooping cough cases are cropping up in VACCINATED children!

CDC data shows 84 percent of children under the age of three have received at least four DTaP shots and yet, despite high vaccination rates, whooping cough still keeps circulating, largely among the fully vaccinated. This is because pertussis is a cyclical disease where natural increases in infection tend to occur every four to five years no matter how high the vaccination rates are.

81 percent of 2010 California pertussis cases under the age of 18 were fully vaccinated children. In a pertussis outbreak in Texas, the CDC statistics show that 81.5 percent of cases were fully vaccinated with four DTaP shots. Washington State health officials are saying this year's pertussis cases could top a 60 year old record in spite of approximately 84 percent vaccination coverage.

Reuters recently reported that according to the CDC, the number of pertussis cases is growing - in the fully vaccinated population! In a very recent DTaP vaccine study, researchers reported a dismal 24 percent vaccine effectiveness among those aged 8-12. With this ridiculously low rate of DTaP vaccine effectiveness, the public health brainiacs have come up with their best plan for everybody to have three primary shots and three follow-up booster shots. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

And it gets worse:

A study at UCLA indicated that in the USA, approximately 1,000 babies die annually as a direct result of DTaP vaccination. One survey found a 7.3 percent risk of SIDS within three days after a DTaP inoculation.

Vaccine reaction symptoms within days of the DTaP shot include: high fever; sudden collapse; hours of persistent crying, high pitched screaming with arching of the back, signs of brain inflammation; severe and/or bloody diarrhea; redness, swelling and pain at the injection site and signs of seizures.

Raymond Obomsawin, M.D. said "Delay of DPT immunisation until two years of age in Japan has resulted in a dramatic decline in adverse side effects... an 85 to 90 percent reduction in severe cases of damage and death." Amazingly, pertussis during the first two years of babies' lives also dropped sharply. Instead of preventing pertussis, the DTaP actually promotes it as well as SIDS.

Many vaccines are implicated in causing Juvenile Diabetes, but the vaccine-virulent poison - pertussis toxin, is the worst. Pertussis toxin affects the pancreas in the insulin-secreting parts. As early as the 1970s, the pertussis shot was known to stimulate over-production of insulin by the pancreas followed by exhaustion and destruction of the islets of Langerhans, resulting in diabetes.

ibid

As usual, we get only part of the story from the mainstream media. The full story is, the DPT vaccine doesn't work, and is downright dangerous. Even the article quoted in the OP states that vaccinated children can still get whooping cough. So I ask you, what is the point of all those shots???

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Glad you got onto this nice and quick fission

Nearly all these childhood diseases arise because of vaccinations. Nearly all these diseases do not hurt healthy people. What does hurt healthy people is big pharma propaganda and poisonous vaccines.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live not too far from Estill County...
Thats crazy...
I wont be a visiting anytime soon...
Not like I did anyways.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I live not too far from Estill County...
Thats crazy...
I wont be a visiting anytime soon...
Not like I did anyways.

See how the fear spreads.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think adult pertussis is FAR more prevalent than anyone in the medical community will admit. I got sick suddenly February 18 2011 after a kid at an entertainment venue coughed repeatedly in my face on many occasions throughout the show. I was videotaping for the sponsor of the event at the time and had to watch what I was doing; couldn't just walk away. Anyway his breath was horrid... a few hours later I was feeling so drained I could barely drive home, and guess what - the next day my breath had that same horrid smell and I couldn't stop coughing. A few days later a friend loaned me the money to go to the doctor, as it was over a week until I got paid. Everyone in the waiting area was sounding just like I was - same cough that seemed to come from our feet all the way up, and almost drowning on the fluid in our lungs. I got back there and the "doctor" looked at me for maybe a minute and a half and gave me something for... wait for it... a sinus infection. I knew that was baloney, but I was too sick to argue. I hadn't slept for days because of coughing constantly in between severe coughing spasms that caused me to almost pass out, pulled muscles, and caused loss of bladder control. I laid in bed for a few days after that, grabbing catnaps between coughing fits, and after the worse was over it took me another three months to get rid of the coughing spasms. I'd feel fine until I laughed or had to breathe hard exercising, and I'd lose all control again and almost pass out. Just for the record, I've had sinus infections all my life. I've had them travel to my lungs al lmy life. I've had pneumonia all my life - several serious bouts when I had no insurance and no money to go to the doctor with. I actually broke one rib and cracked a second during one particularly bad bout, and I have to say that pneumonia was much easier on me than this was. I have NEVER been so sick or had so much phlegm in my chest, even with double pneumonia. Well, that one time I broke a rib was pretty bad - when I turned over in bed I could feel a wave moving in my chest. But when I was sick this year, I could be talking and it would rattle, causing more spasms. Many co-workers had it too and had the same symptoms, taking about three months to get completely over the coughing spasms. I was fine before that kid coughed in my face at the entertainment event, and was half dead in hours with the same yucky breath when I'd cough. Just saying...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I had whooping cough when I was a kid and wow was I ever
sick for months. I had the vaccine and got it any way. That
was eons ago. Now I am concerned for my kids and grand-
kids who all live in Bourbon County, Ky. Not sure if they are
aware of the outbreak in Estill county so I will let them know.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Funny, we had a scare in canada. Warnings everywhere about whooping cough. Warnings on the news,but no reported cases, just warnings.

Then no one seemed to get it. No deaths, I think the total reported cases for our are was like 14 or something.

It was pretty funny, guess were just tougher.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This article just posted 8 hours ago, media has been abuzz all weekend:

www.examiner.com...

In a letter to CDC director Thomas Frieden, New York's senior senator has called for increased assistance to the state during the current whooping cough outbreak. Senator Charles Schumer's office released the letter today. Schumer asked the CDC to take three steps.

Someone mentioned this vaccines wear off over time...

How long can we expect pertussis protection to last after the adolescent booster dose of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) vaccines? Nawaf Al Dajani, MD and David Scheifele, MD Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ► Possibly 10 years. The longest published follow-up extended five years, at which time antibody levels and cell-mediated immunity were still readily detectable (1). The slow antibody decay pattern suggests that protection will last for at least 10 years (2). However, antibody levels do not correlate well with protection against pertussis, so proof of ongoing protection will have to come from epi-demiological studies

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Everyone remember smallpox? The government stopped vaccinated because it was "irradicated'? There are labs that are holding on to samples of it, and they those of us that were the last to be vaccinated are no longer immune.

Nice right?

If I was vaccinated against smallpox before 1980, am I still protected?Probably not. The vaccination has been shown to wear off in most people a􀄞er 10 years but may last longer if the person has been successfully vaccinated multiple times. Therefore, all people in the United States are considered susceptible to smallpox

Department of State Health Services • 1100 W. 49th St. • Austin, Texas 78756 • 512-458-7400 • Toll Free 1-888-963-7111 • TDD 512-458-7708
Publication #19-12069
Rev 08/04
edit on 23-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Oh yeah?

How about you then? Why dont you go spend a week there?
Plus u know what estill county is like? It sucks.
Pitiful kentucky county/town, just like 99% of all places here.
There is nothing there for me to visit anyways.

Fear... More like preservation

edit on 7/24/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm in Kentucky... not far from Estill Co. and I haven't heard much of anything about this. Glad to see it on here because now I'll know to look for more info!

Convenient time for a whooping cough outbreak... right before many Ky schools start back next month.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I'll second that there's not much in Estill Co. Nothing to see, that's for sure. I was there not too long ago. It's one of those places you don't go to unless you have family or friends there because there's nothing else worth going for, imo. Just one of those middle-of-nowhere kinds of places where not much happens. Except whooping cough outbreaks apparently.

top topics

join