It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora SkyNews Police Audio - Amateur Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't know. I can't stop laughing. Every time I stop and say, "What if this is real? How heartless can I be?", the super cop guy jumps on the mike and makes me laugh. Then the woman moaning at one point. Only happens twice in the whole show. It sounds more like Target employees re-arranging the store than it does a scene with Professionals. If this is the state of law enforcement communications during emergencies, I know guys that play Call of Duty that sound more pro than this.

Youtube fart. Here's the manual link: Aurora CO Police Audio

Some notes:
They all sound between 21 and 32 years old.

Woman refers to "Room 9"
Then a guy, "Theater 9"
Then later another "the auditorium"

Lot's of random statements & orders that don't make sense to be transmitted on the mike. More like should have been bull horned as orders to people.

Then they do a version of the conet project when the Denver folks show. They check in with their 3-number calls then a woman gets on and rattles off a string of them with no real code or explanation.

It's nothing like anyone would ever do - even my neighbors - if there was an emergency. None of it makes sense.

Towards the end:
23:xx "Suspect's "going" to be..." followed by dispatcher saying, "Suspect "is"..."

You decide. Maybe I'm a heartless bastard. Listen and pipe in if you find yourself laughing out loud by the 15:00 mark. Otherwise, I'll take my place in hell.

edit on 23-7-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Let me help with that

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Link broken.

And don't know how anything surrounding this story can be funny, even if it is armature hour.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Little under 4 minutes in is the first reported sighting of the guy in the gas mask.
I think this audio proves that he tried to blend in with swat but was caught is an outright lie.
edit on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:32:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I downloaded the chief press reports to compare the facts as they became known. Then stumbled on the SkyNews audio. None of it makes any sense when you compare the audio with what's said at the press conference.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Also of note, a perimeter wasn't even attempted until almost 9 minutes in. That is assuming this is real time and not condensed for time.

"Suspect claims to be the only one, but I am getting conflicting descriptions"

Seems ambulance response was really bad. They started taking victims in squad cars.
edit on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:40:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There's only about four main characters. Towards the end, others are added as Denver fire arrives.

7:20 "One of the shooters might be wearing a white and blue plaid shirt."

11:50 "Shut the movie off in 9"

Movie's still rolling 11 minutes in.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Where are the gas masks? They screamed for them in the first few minutes. Why no coughing? Gas everywhere. They all sound like they're excited and keep screwing up their lines. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
21 minutes in they talk about two additional suspects. One seen running from the theatre with a red backpack, another wearing all black camo, wearing a gasmask and armor, with a black backpack.
edit on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:52:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
21 minutes in they talk about two additional suspects. One seen running from the theatre with a red backpack, another wearing all black camo, wearing a gasmask and armor, with a black backpack.
edit on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:52:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Immediately after dispatch broadcasts that very thing at 22:11 a guy jumps in and says "Hey, 230, just a little bit more, (?) officer is gonna give you a little bit more of an update right here."

Correction rather than update? They just had reports of two men running away with backpacks a second before and it gets trumped.

(?) Officer: "Ok, uh, suspect is going to be..male, unknown race, black camo out...type outfit. Believed to be wearing a vest, gas mask, and multiple long guns."

Dispatch: "Copy. All units responding to the theater, the suspect is, uh, male, unknown race, black camo vest, (heavy breath), gas mask and multiple guns."

"

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmoastro
I don't know. I can't stop laughing. Every time I stop and say, "What if this is real? How heartless can I be?", the super cop guy jumps on the mike and makes me laugh. Then the woman moaning at one point. Only happens twice in the whole show. It sounds more like Target employees re-arranging the store than it does a scene with Professionals. If this is the state of law enforcement communications during emergencies, I know guys that play Call of Duty that sound more pro than this.

Youtube fart. Here's the manual link: Aurora CO Police Audio

Some notes:
They all sound between 21 and 32 years old.

Woman refers to "Room 9"
Then a guy, "Theater 9"
Then later another "the auditorium"

Lot's of random statements & orders that don't make sense to be transmitted on the mike. More like should have been bull horned as orders to people.

Then they do a version of the conet project when the Denver folks show. They check in with their 3-number calls then a woman gets on and rattles off a string of them with no real code or explanation.

It's nothing like anyone would ever do - even my neighbors - if there was an emergency. None of it makes sense.

Towards the end:
23:xx "Suspect's "going" to be..." followed by dispatcher saying, "Suspect "is"..."

You decide. Maybe I'm a heartless bastard. Listen and pipe in if you find yourself laughing out loud by the 15:00 mark. Otherwise, I'll take my place in hell.

edit on 23-7-2012 by elmoastro because: (n
o reason given)

So apparently you never listen to a police scanner?

I have most of my life. There is really nothing unprofessional about how they acted.

Just because you may not understand something doesn't mean its unprofessional.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmoastro
I don't know. I can't stop laughing

Well, I don't know, are you 12 years old?

new topics

top topics

join