It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nexen Oil gets sold to the Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Calgary-based oil and gas firm Nexen Inc. has agreed to be acquired by China National Offshore Oil Company in a $15.1 billion US cash deal. State-owned CNOOC Ltd. will pay $27.50 per Nexen share. That price makes the deal the largest foreign transaction that Beijing has ever attempted.

www.cbc.ca...

VERY big news in Canada right now.

It's not set in stone, for Canadian regulators/government still has to evaluate the "cost benefit" to the country...
Actually an American company was given first dibs, I guess, but turned it down.

I actually work at Nexen, and there is still lots to unfold... Like if we'll still continue to sell to the US, or if it's all going to go to China? Will the Keystone XL pipeline be scrapped, and instead a Western line be installed?

edit on 23-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well DeBeers got sold to Anglos for 5.1 Billions
quess all the big boss are going to there underground base

S & F

Quess China does not need Iran and Syria any more
edit on 23-7-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I have to bump with a new link because this is huge newest. It's the largest single purchase from China ever.

Some are already saying Canada has no choice, thanks to a U.S. President whose environmental pandering threatened to kill the Keystone pipeline and plans ship bitumen to oil-hungry American states.

That’s how Republican Congressman Lee Terry sees it, and he’s hoping the deal by China serves as a serious wake-up call for Americans.

“China wants your oil, and I don’t blame Canada at all — I blame United States policy,” said Terry, Representative for Nebraska.

www.calgarysun.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The takeover will give CNOOC full control of Nexen’s trouble-plagued oil sand operation at Long Lake. The Chinese company acquired Nexen’s partner at Long Lake, OPTI Canada, a year ago after OPTI filed for protection from its creditors.
Something the US and Canadians were attempting to work on a deal of extracting oil from the sand and distribute to the US via the Keystone Pipeline. Hmm...did the POTUS knew about this deal ahead?
LINK
edi t on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Also very big news here in Aberdeen, Scotland as Nexen have invested heavily in one of our largest offshore facilities (Buzzard offshore facility). This is good news for the Oil and Gas Capital of Europe - The only city that seems to be bucking the global recession.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It starts with oil companies, next it will be military bases and then the US will itself be circled much like it has done to any other country who has the audacity to refuse to comply.

I for one welcome that day.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is total madness...

Yes, the money will bring jobs and economic security but...china... i mean...im speechless...

Quote summarize my though.

... a country (Canada) that once championed human rights ignoring brutal oppression in the name of an easy buck.

Every country now know that Canada is money hungry and don't give a sh** anymore about humans rights, peace and ethics its open the door for more madness like this.

Like the OP said

It's not set in stone, for Canadian regulators/government still has to evaluate the "cost benefit" to the country...

I hope they say a big NO ! on the behalf of all of us Canadian. We don't want to do business or else with barbarian country like China.

Also they only build crap..

Everytime i go shopping i have to check where the products is made to avoid buying their crap.

I have some basics rules :

1 - Avoid Wal-Mart at all cost
2 - Unles it's impossible don't buy anything from China, India etc..
3 - Buy local / Canadian made products as much possible
4 - Buy Made in USA / UK / France products online

5 - The Double Tap

edit on 24/7/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

freebeacon.com...

China Deal Benefits Obama Donors Administration-approved takeover by Chinese oil company provides Obama backers windfall - See more at: freebeacon.com...

and

Obama friend, fmr. leader of Soros-funded group, receives $340 million to run ObamaCare exchanges - See more at: redflagnews.com...

I'm so tired of this guy...............

edit on 3/4/2013 by km22453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yep .. Mr. Transparency is into big oil deals for his donors.
Someone tell me where Bush43 ended and Obama began ...
I can't see it. No difference.

top topics

join