It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lazy American Deam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is a pretty funny video.

edit on 23-7-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Gracias Amigos!!!!!

Unfortunately, I know a couple people whose anthem is this song.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
1. Awful music
2. Corny lyrics

Why doesn't he say anything bad about corporate welfare, banker welfare, and government corruption? No, just blame everything on lowly poor people so you can have a superiority complex.

The ghetto is a nice place to live? Public assistance is a dream lifestyle? The guy has no clue what he's talking about. Poor people are depressed and miserable on average.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's just a song dude.
I don't think he's saying anything bad about anyone, just the system and how it operates. Giving things away doesn't encourage anyone to work, or maybe I'm wrong.

Unless your handicapped or have mental problems everyone should try and work. IMO it's all about getting votes anyways.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The song is elitist and gross.

You do realize a lot of people on government assistance do work, right? It goes by household income, not if you are unemployed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm very positive I could find a more demeaning song than this, by far. Anyways, thanks for sharing the graph.

The upward trend in government dependency has being happening for quite awhile and has passed through many Administrations, it's not inclusive to the current one.

(Source)

With the passing of the ACA and it's subsequent Medicaid expansion, this will only further strain the system already holding trillions in debt on top of all the costs accrued till then.

(Alternative source)

Where is the money going to come from to pay for this and it's sustainability?

edit on 23-7-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Verses what? Corporate dependency?

Social security isn't welfare. More people are going on foodstamps because of outsourcing. Huge corporations get tax cuts to send our jobs over seas.Our wages have went down as corporate profit, hours and productivity increase. Calling the working poor lazy is just ridiculous as their jobs are usually more labor intensive than executives.

Where is the money going to come from to pay for this and it's sustainability?

The country is bankrupt. It's mathematically impossible to pay back the "debt" that isn't even ours in the first place.

But we could cut things like our military spending before any sort of helpful program. Ours is quite extensive compared to all the other powers.

new topics

top topics

join