It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado shooting suspect silent in 1st court appearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is, James Holmes first court appearance. I think everyone is familiar with this man now. What makes me curious while watching this story is just how dazed this man looks. Has he been questioned so much and not allowed to sleep until questions are answered? If so, what would a sleep deprived man say? (A serious question). I also can't help but think that he may be drugged. It's really difficult to tell the difference. (For me anyway)

Visit the CBC and watch the suspect of the July 20, 2012 mass murder and let me know what you think, because I am truly curious.

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: bbcode

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
watching the news conference...

He looks drugged.

Could they be treating him in jail?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

He looks drugged.

I agree. I found this article that talks about his "dazed" look.

Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes appears dazed in court

Holmes, who was transported from a holding cell to the courtroom via an underground tunnel, appeared dazed. His brow furrowed. His head bobbed. His eyes opened and closed often. His hair was dyed red. His hands and feet were shackled. He did not speak.

Seated in a jury box next to Tamara Brady, a public defender, Holmes never looked in the direction of a gallery that included about two dozen victims and their advocates.

Judging from his apperance today, the guy looks like he's nuts, on some kind of drugs, or has no idea what's going on.
edit on 23-7-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Good question, Benrl. I wonder if "truth serums" can do that after all many of them are sedatives.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm no expert but looks to either be seriously drugged or coming down off some really wicked heavy stuff. Something is not right about his overall demeanor and appearance. I dunno, maybe it is just sleep deprivation. Not sure what it is but I can't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

He looks drugged.

According to sources, he took 100mg of Hydrocodone before the attack. www.thedenverchannel.com...

He may have a severe opiate addiction, and withdrawal symptoms can be complicated while in custody. I imagine some medical staff allowed him to consume more in an effort to ween him off the drug, rather than hospitalize him mid-trial.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yeah, but withdrawal symptoms include anxiety and that is the opposite of sleepy. As well, he should have a fever among other things.

Respect,

-AS-
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is a chance that he's just burnt out from whatever drugs he was involved in pre-massacre.

I think it's pretty fruitless to try to examine his demeanor in court because 1)you don't know what he was like before the shooting 2)you don't know how the shooting changed him 3)he has been in custody for a few days

Chances are that he won't have MKULTRA etched in his forehead, and there isn't much you can learn from 3 still photos. I mean if you take a picture of someone while they are talking then they can look pretty dopey, so it's too soon to jump to conclusions

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I understand what you're saying, MeesterB. But you should watch the video as I have posted in my OP.

Respect,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by benrl

He looks drugged.

According to sources, he took 100mg of Hydrocodone before the attack. www.thedenverchannel.com...

He may have a severe opiate addiction, and withdrawal symptoms can be complicated while in custody. I imagine some medical staff allowed him to consume more in an effort to ween him off the drug, rather than hospitalize him mid-trial.

Vicodin? psh thats nothing I got 500mg pills for my back, even if I took two it would barely phase me, that wouldn't account for the doppy look.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Oh i missed the video. Apologies.
Yeah he does look sleepy, but I think that's the face of a man who's still coming to terms with the fact that his life is over.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

500mg pills aren't pure hydrocodone.

In order to ingest 100mg of hydrocodone, you'd need to eat 10 of the (10/325) pills, pretty much the strongest Vicodin without upgrading to Oxycodone/Oxymorphone.

While it's still not a MASSIVE amount, who knows what his daily intake was prior to this, and if he was doing any other opiates, like heroin.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I can agree but I also must think that this man supposedly planned this months ahead as he had the time picked as well as the weapons and body Armour he needed. To me, all things point to the fact that this was planned and carried out regardless of whether of not he was under control and if it was planned wouldn't he already have known that his life was over?... I'm not sure if we'll ever know the truth.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow, I'm not interested in stars, but I thought that this would have been bumped higher then it is by now!

-AS-
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From the video and watching his behaviour I get the impression that he doesn't care about his life.

Also I am quite certain that what happened (taking into account all his educational achievements) that he got into some heavy drugs, definetly got addicted to them, then wanted more and more, until his mind and neural working changed into a state where to his eyes comitting a massacre was nothing heavy.

There are different reasons I see for why he might have started doing this stuff.
1. He was tired of following the rules and behaviour that society tells us to follow. Thus he had enough and rebelled and it got out of control.
2. He never had a stable social circle, was a loner, plus the pressure of his studies. Those three things are enough to break even the strongest person.

Point is he arrived at a place where his life was so miserable and unhappy that he might as well go the extra mile because anything else wouldn't make his life much worse.

He basically said: "F'### it". I'm at least going out with some excitement in my life. I'm going out with a bang. I was always a nothing. Now at least I'm going to be something."

This can be prevented if society was not so cold to everyone. Everyone should have friends, a loving family, and a girlfriend to love and feel loved. I cannot stress the importance of these three points. If he had all this, this would never have happened.

The problem is not guns. The problem is the cold and disturbing society of today. All humans need is to feel loved. That alone makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

I can agree but I also must think that this man supposedly planned this months ahead as he had the time picked as well as the weapons and body Armour he needed. To me, all things point to the fact that this was planned and carried out regardless of whether of not he was under control and if it was planned wouldn't he already have known that his life was over?... I'm not sure if we'll ever know the truth.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: added

I don't think he understood the actual consequences of what he was planning. That doesn't really make sense because he planned to shoot people, but I'd dare to guess he never fantasized about shooting a pregnant woman. Barring the chance that he is mentally defunct, I bet he is feeling guilt or regret or something like that.

I could be way off base, but that's what I gathered from the short clip.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Got to say I'm loving his style though. The hairstyle and colour fit his face quite epicly.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Even though I can't put my mind into the head of a mass murderer, I have to say that I would feel guilty no matter if I killed men, women, or children.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AeonStorm because: comma

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Yeah I can second that. I've done stuff I knew was wrong, but didn't fully realize the consequences until I was caught. I imagine that's the case for a lot of people. Maybe I'm assuming too much to think he would have the same reaction, but it's as good as any other guess right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

At least your thinking
Also there is Occamz Razor, even though that the least likely explanation seems to be more true now-a- days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join