It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UTTR more restrictive than R-4808N Area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I want your opinions please on this.
Is the UTTR (Dugway Proving Grounds) airspace more restrictive than the NTTR (Groom Lake area)?

I know the airspace within UTTR extends from Surface to 58000 feet.

Anyone can confirm this on which two airspaces are more restrictive than the other?

Ocassionally on www.planefinder.net, I see planes fly over the UTTR Dugway Proving Grounds area. But never over the R-4808N Complex NTTR airspace.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can't help you with the less restrictive question but this may help you a bit.

Now i'm pretty sure the same applies for Australian P/R/D airspace as it does in the States.

P) Prohibited - NO FLIGHTS BY ANY AIRCRAFT UNLESS MILITARY

R) Restricted - NO FLIGHTS BY UNAUTHORISED AIRCRAFT DURING TIMES OF ACTIVATION

D) Danger - FLIGHT NOT RESTRICTED BUT DUE DILIGENCE ADVISED

Might explain why your seeing aircraft transitting R-4808N, the restricted airspace may be deactive

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, r4808n has unlimited flight ceiling restriction. It ends in like the stratosphere. I remember when astronauts got in trouble years ago for taking pics of area 51. I've been within three miles of the "box" and the dreamland controllers were acting very nervous. They even gave us vectors for our orbit the rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

In short, yes. I don't know why but the UTTR restricted airspace carries on beyond the atmosphere and into space. People say the same about R4808 but that's a common misconception, it doesn't go as far as space but in terms of commercial airlines and military, R4808 is off limits. No question. I don't believe it's the whole UTTR though, Just Dugway proving ground.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thomasz

Pretty sure it's not a misconception. Ceiling is unlimited. Well whats the definition of unlimited?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Found it in my pubs...

unlimited and continous

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Fair enough. Good research son. I always thought that R4808 didn't go that far.

top topics

join