It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer of Aurora shooting suspect James Holmes's family to address press in San Diego at 1 p.m. PST

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by kosmicjack

He is pitiful.

I pity him deeply. It makes me cry just looking at him.

He is either extremely insane or he is a patsy. Either way he is a product of our culture. As are all of the poor deceased victims. Of course I cry for them as well.

This is our society's output. The entire episode is shameful from start to finish.

Modern life is so desperate and disconnected that no one stopped this. Not one soul intervened. Not his family and friends. Not his colleagues, people who should have been keenly aware of the symptoms of psychosis. Not the people who took the orders for large amounts of ammo. Not his neighbors or landlord who passed his apartment everyday. No one. No one truly saw him.

He was apparently totally alone in the world. His rage and isolation culminated in this. He sits in court a totally broken soul who cried out in the most horrific way to be seen.

We all see him now. But it's to late for him or his victims and their families.

There is something our society needs to learn from this and it's not just about guns or violence.

edit on 23/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Nice! Finally some people with sense. This is exactly what he is, a product of our society. We like to point the finger everywhere else but ourselves. If he's mental, it's a sign that our society is mental. If he's a patsy, still our fault because we should be taking down those who gave him his orders.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

OH so the family take on a lawyer on behalf of themselves......did they get one for their son?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Holmes mug shot was released a short time ago and he appears quite normal

oh hang on, wait......no Police number on photo that I could see
edit on 23-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why are afew ATS members already diagnosing Holmes? Are you all psychiatrists?

Holmes appeared in court DRUGGED to his eye balls! It takes alot more than one session to diagnosis a patient with such a mental illness.

Jeezes, I've seen young adults diagnosed with schizophrenia in their late teens only to have properly diagnosed by EXPERTS with ASD!

Friends of a friend who knows someone with schizophrenia suddenly knows all about it?.......are you serious?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Annee

Why are a few ATS members already diagnosing Holmes? Are you all psychiatrists?

I am not diagnosing anyone. It is my opinion.

I see a normal but geeky kid growing up - - very intelligent - - then just at the beginning of adulthood - - tragedy. A brilliant mind begins to misfire.

Honestly - - I'm guessing - - but I think he decided he just couldn't live that way - - and let the disease take over.

I definitely do not believe there is any conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How can you have an opinion on such an illness unless you are a psychiatrist and you have actually met Holmes on afew ocasions to make such an informed decision?

In theory I know alot about the illness myself, but I'm not even going to go there because he has'nt been diagnosed yet by experts in that field of which both you and I are not!

As I've mentioned on numerous ocasions on other threads; say I asked for every ATS member to send me their photo *(perhaps even their children too) and whats the bet I'm going to find at least 1/4 of you appear scary enough and should step forth for the next big blockbuster zombie/horror movie, another 1/4 of you are weird looking and another 1/4 of you look like criminals (whatever a criminal is supposed to look like?) and the remaining 1/4 appear normal (whatever a normal person looks like?).

So many of you are using emotion to describe Holmes because of what he had allegedly done. The kid looks like a typical Caucasian/European with hazel eyes and mousy brown hair (under all that red dye), now how many Americans have those characteristics? My bet is there will be many among our ATS members with hazel eyes, brown hair and fair skin. I know, I've seen some of them.

I know where you are coming from and I appreciate you too have an opinion, but lets not base one on medical science thats not always right - especially trying to label Holmes just going by a picture. Half of the psychologists, psychiatrists and scientists out there are nutty as a fruit cake too.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

How can you have an opinion on such an illness unless you are a psychiatrist and you have actually met Holmes on a few ocasions to make such an informed decision?

I don't require you to accept or agree with my general opinion. I'm also not stating it as fact or that its not something else entirely.

I am not making any specific statements or comments in regards to.

I am not using emotions or his appearance to form my opinion. It was my opinion before the photo.

Would you prefer I form some kind of conspiracy opinion?

edit on 24-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

really? this entire SITE is based on a lot of opinions and it's totally fine to speculate about his mental health.

i personally think he became schizophrenic or he has some sort of delusional or dissociative disorder. it's possible he might be in some autistic spectrum too. it's perfectly fine for me to speculate that. personally i'm fascinated by these types of disorders. i'm patiently waiting for more information to come out so i can speculate even more. guess what? i'm not making a diagnosis.

i'd really like to know what his family has to say but until the trial gets going i doubt they will say much because it would affect his case.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

How can you have an opinion on such an illness unless you are a psychiatrist and you have actually met Holmes on a few ocasions to make such an informed decision?

I don't require you to accept or agree with my general opinion. I'm also not stating it as fact or that its not something else entirely.

I am not making any specific statements or comments in regards to.

I am not using emotions or his appearance to form my opinion. It was my opinion before the photo.

Would you prefer I form some kind of conspiracy opinion?

edit on 24-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

i completely agree. somehow it's okay to have 140 pages of people saying the government set it all up and none of it is real but it's not okay for us to speculate about his mental health? i love a good conspiracy but this shooting is not a conspiracy no matter how many straws people grasp to try to make it one.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I disagree; I believe he was a highly intelligent really nice polite kid that got caught up in something that was not meant to happen, at least not to Holmes. There are others involved and I have no doubts about it.

The way the media is rolling with this just goes to show how twisted they are as society is.

There is no doubt another story to this and unfortunately we are probably never going to hear about it.

Some things are not what they appear to be and all I see is the Public is sucked in by much of what they read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join